“Perfect for Romania”
Review of Hilton Sibiu

Hilton Sibiu
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great quality for the price paid. The al-a-carte Romanian restaurant had great service and food. The breakfast was poorer than expected (had better breakfast at 4 stars hotel). The AC seemed to just cool on heat/cool so i just shut it off. Room was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our hotel.

We are delighted that overall we have made you satisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves in delivering only the best service to our guests. It is fulfilling to know that this is recognised especially when we are labelled as a "Perfect for Romania". We are honored to see that you enjoyed our Romanian Restaurant and the service, our rooms and rest assured that your comments about the Breakfast experience and about the A/C system will help us deliver an even better experience for all our valuable guests such as yourself.
Thank you for staying with us and we believe that you will not hesitate to recommend us to your friends and family. We look forward on welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sibiu

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having stayed at the Golden Tulip in Sibiu before, I have some idea what a 4-stars service in Romania must be. The Hilton certainly has an impressive "roccoco"-style lobby, and the same atmosphere can be found in the rooms : these are quite large, with a nice view of the nearby park and forest. Even if not in the center of the city, distances by cab are short and access is easy.
Nevertheless, when compared for instance to the Golden Tulip, the Hilton does certainly not diserve to charge twice the price per night. It's fair, but not in any case superior... The bed has a reasonable size, without being particularly large or comfortable ; there are limited TV programs, with no on-demand ; and the bathroom is, if clean, small and not particularly comfortable (i.e. small bath, no separate shower,..).
Service is not very friendly, with a seemingly depressed personnel (but maybe the smile is a "pay-per-view" option).
The breakfast is quite disappointing : the choice is quite large, but the freshness is a real problem. I had oranges peeled the day before, and strawberries that were almost rotten. It certainly will convince the average tourist that places quantity above quality ; but it is inacceptable from an experienced traveller's point-of-view.

Dear Olivier D.,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Sibiu.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ feedback and we have taken in consideration your comments about our Hotel.

Rest assured that we took every possible measure to ensure that these types of experiences do not happen again and for this whenever you plan to visit Sibiu again we will be more than honored to have you as our guest and to assure you that was only a one time bad experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is a very good hotel, placed at the edge of Sibiu, in a very nice area. Right across the road there is the Village Museum - a museum of Romanian traditions, where you can spend one day long. I had the opportunity to stay into a junior suite which is a very nice and comfortable duplex.
Right next to hotel (part of the resort) there is a traditional restaurant with very good food and drinks. The main disadvantage is the fact that is placed far from the center of the nice Sibiu but, with a taxi, it takes less than 10 minutes to get downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

We highly appreciate your great comments, thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us . It makes us very proud that we could make your stay delightful and unforgettable!

Your praising words are great motivation for us, thank you for highlighting our rooms and our Romanian Restaurant offerings.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very good hotel is very good in èvery detail, tells my 15 year experience as a touroperator (cycling tours outside of Europe). I can only judge the Hilton in Sibiu on the basis of my annual subscription of its Spa, which I very regularly visit. The facilites are OK, but not more than that. Plenty of details are or were not top-class, from lockers without numbers to the floor of the sauna smelling badly. The employees at the reception are very hospitable, that feels fine. Today I had a very unpleasant surprise. I took my mother for a one-time visit, I had asked on Monday how much this would cost: 60 lei (+/- 14 euro). Today it was 80 lei, without any pricelist sustaining this: an increase of 33% and definitely no reasonable price-value ratio. Don't think that this includes the swimming pool, because the rate for access to spa & swimming pool was raised from 100 to 150 lei today: 34 euro, at most half of this price would be reasonable! Shameless increases in price, fading away from reality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel with all its services is a high quality hotel that I recommend not only for business purposes. It is placed at the exit of Sibiu, close to the Village Museum Astra. Great parking facilities, very quiet environment, very professional hotel staff, clean, very various breakfast. great swimming pool, select restaurants. I was in this building also before it was bought by Hilton and I can confirm that the Hilton quality standard makes the difference compared to the past. Even in teh past it was a good accomodation option, but now as Hilton hotel it is excellent. Dan

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I was extremely happy to read your wonderful review and I thank you for taking the time to share it. I am pleased to know you appreciated the quality of our services and amenities, the surroundings. We take great pride in making our guests to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay. We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Sibiu.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is has one of the best spa centers I ever saw. The hotel is also located In a very nice area close to a forest. especially for the spa center, if you want to relax, is a good choice. It has a pool, Jacuzzi, many saunas, a fitness room with very good facilities. The rooms are very large, with very large bedrooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at our Hotel and also for taking the time to review your experience with TripAdvisor. It gives me great satisfaction that we were able to meet your expectations regarding the quality of our amenities and especially ou Spa which I see that you enjoyed verymuch.
Hope we have the pleasure of having you as our Guest everytime you visit Sibiu again.

Warm Regards,

Adrian O.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

These guys must be joking.

I was hired to sing at a beautiful wedding in the restaurant but I will think twice if I accept another wedding at Hilton Sibiu...

It was unreal how they treated us, like all. Cursing and swearing all the time we did the soundcheck. We also met the even more cursing general manager (found out his position later on because he nobody presented himself in this building, all the conversations started with a big curse). These guys must be joking. Who put them in charge of all the important stuff? People were crying, there was a lot of tension, it was horrible! The bride told us if she knew what was going on, she would have changed the location.

I feel like writing to the big guys in America in order to fire these guys, otherwise they will work happily ever after in this place thanks to the communist mentality....

Hilton Sibiu? It's off of my list that's for sure. Worst place in the world.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business