Staying at this place was the only thing that made our trip to Sibiu less than ideal. From the moment our group arrived, the person who was travelling solo was given a room that you would not think anyone would ask money for - there were literally less than 50 cm of space between the edges of the beds and each of the 4 walls, which is claustrophobic to say the least. Unluckily for us, we had paid in advance and the owner refused to give us our money back, meaning we had to stay there anyway (he was, though, OK with the fact that we did not accept the "shoebox" room).
The other room (which we kept) wasn't much nicer - although of normal size, there were many things wrong:
- although we had asked for a double, there were two separate beds that weren't even close but in opposite sides of the room
- the water in the shower had very fast burning hot/freezing cold fluctuations, before soon settling on the latter temperature; adding insult to (almost physical) injury, the shower drain was defective and so water spilled out after only 2 minutes spent in the shower
- there must have been bedbugs/spiders in the beds or sheets, because both me and my partner woke up with numerous large insect bites on our legs
- the owner insisted that he keep my passport until the day we left; even though I explained I would need to have my passport with me during our stay, he claimed this is standard hotel procedure to safeguard owners from damages brought to the room (it obviously isn't!)
- a small kitchen was annexed to the room, which would have been useful except for the fact that all the cubbards were empty, there wasn't even a single plate or fork in there
This all comes in the context where this place claims to be a 3 star establishment - I hope you can tell from my review that it is far from being that, and, with so many nice hotels/pensions to choose from in Sibiu, we will clearly NOT be coming back to Pensiunea Hermannstadt, and of course we would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermannstadt INN was renovated and refurnished at the beginning to 2016. Few reasons to come: the inn offers you 2 lodgings areas, both situated near the historical center of the town. It is situated in a very peaceful and quiet area. It offers the guest a very pleasant stay through its services. It offers increased comfort for our guests. Lodging places : 24 rooms (50 places). The Hermannstadt board & lodging is situated at less than 50 meters from Polisano clinic, 150 meters from the means of transportation if you wish to travel within the city or outside it, approximately 3 minutes from the historical center of the city of Sibiu,150 meters from the bus stop where you could take the bus to get to the Paltinis mountain resort (this mountain resort is situated at the highest altitude of all the country at 1443 meters and it is only 32 kilometers from Sibiu). Video surveillance for parking places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hermannstadt Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.