“A good hotel in the center of Sibiu”
Review of Hotel Ibis

Hotel Ibis
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have found at Ibis the standard I expected: a clean room, LCD TV located in front of the bed, free WiFi everywhere and a confy bed.

I asked for a room located on a floor where I could have a great view and I was given a room at the 12th floor or something like that. The view was indeed extraordinary, only that it was very hot in the room. Although there was a climate system in the room, we slept with the window open, because it didn't seem to blow any cool air and it was the beginning of May. It was still hot in the room, even with the window open, and there was a disturbing noise coming from the streets - center of Sibiu, remember? - until late at night and then kind of early in the morning.
In the next day we went to the reception and told our problem. We were explained that the climate system wasn't started to work on cold air yet - probably because it was the beginning of May :P, but she promised that we would get another room at a lower floor. She kept her promise as in the same afternoon we changed our room with another one located at a lower floor (4th or 5th). The new room didn't have the view, but the temperature was a good one so we could enjoy our stay.
As good points of the hotel I would like to mention: the services, as the room was changed very quickly and the staff was very nice, the fact that the room was clean, the bed was good, there was an empty small fridge in the room, the TV had good quality image, the WiFi was good and the bathroom looked OK. A very good point of the hotel is the position, very close to the historic center of Sibiu.
As weaker points, I would mention the fact that the window was difficult to open (I had to climb on the desk in order to reach it) and it was kind of dangerous too when it was open - it left an opening below it where a child could fall - so that's a nasty concern when you travel with children. The TV was good but it had no HDMI port available. Although the TV had HDMI ports, they were not reachable - for whatever reason only RCA ports were located on the front panel and you couldn't reach the back of the TV to connect anything to its native ports. The WiFi signal was overall good but stronger in the upper floors than the lower ones. The bed was very good but it wouldn't have hurt to have a variety of pillows to choose from (tougher or softer, depending on each taste).
On overall I think the hotel is a good one, respecting the Ibis standard, has great position and so I would say that it's worth the money.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor if you want a cooler one and on an upper flower for a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Mr. Mircea S,

I was delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at Ibis Sibiu. I was so happy to read your kind words and that you really did enjoy the great service and location we are all so proud of. Please do come back and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Ibis

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed there for 5 nights. Clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed and good noise isolation.
They changed the towels every day. Very well located: just 5 minutes to the city center.
The hotel is basic, clean, quiet and comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Bianca Gruia,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel, during a business trip.

Plus:
- very close to city center: 5 minute walking distance / just across the street
- views from room. I stayed at 9th floor.
- rich breakfast

Minus
- smoke smell in the room, though I was not asked by receptionist if I want a smoker or non-smoker room. I don't know if the hotel provides you smoking-free rooms.

Don't miss a stroll in downtime Sibiu (the 2 markets, cathedral and tower), enjoy the food and local beer and if you are lucky you can find yourself in the middle of a festival (a lot of cultural activities in the 2007 Europe's Cultural Capital: film, theater or street activities ).

You will really feel the German influence here all overt he place: food, names, building's architecture.

Nearby Sibiu there is the mountain resort Paltinis (ski during winter), and close by the famous mountains of Fagaras (highest in Romania). Within a 2 hour's drive away are the Olt valley, monastery of Cozia, several balnear resorts, Voineasa mountain resort (spectacular views and fresh air) and the 2 famous mountain roads: Transfagarasan and Transalpina (both reaching more than 2000m).

Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms, even if you are a smoker. The smell is persistent and can annoy some sens...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flaviu_Bia
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Flaviu_Bia,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad you had a good stay at Ibis Sibiu. Regarding your experience with the smoke smell in the room, I would like to assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

See you hopefully on your next trip.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am very impressed with this hotel. I will definitely go back. Good service nice staff and very helpful. I loved it my stay there. Very clean and confortable and very good placed on the city center with amazing view of the city. Hope to get back there soon.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Catalin79
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Catalin79,

We appreciate your time writing a review about your stay at Ibis Sibiu. We are really happy to know that you had such a great stay and that we succeeded to fulfill our commitments towards our guests. We look forward to welcome you back in your next trip.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed one night this year, for a business trip.
I was lucky to get a room at the 4'th floor, on the corner, that meant that the room was a bit larger.

Pros:
- large room, clean, almost quiet, big double bed
- free Internet access in the rooms

Cons:
- very hot overnight, even if it was the beginning of may - had to open the windows
- noisy A/C unit
- a free bottle of water would be nice - charging 2€ for a single 500ml bottle of water - not so nice
- very hard to open the Window
- no paper/pen to take notes
- very few parking spaces
- no bar of soap in the bathroom, just some cheap liquid soap

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor (>7) to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tudor T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback following your stay at the Ibis Sibiu.

We are happy to hear you like our room design. Regarding your remarks, I would like to assure you that the matters are being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Hotel is centrally located and has affordable prices when a firm booking is made early enough. The high-rise building is not really beautiful, but enables very good views of the ancient city. Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Nikolaos A
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Nikolaos A,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014