“5 hours in Sibiu”

Ana Airport Hotel
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
“5 hours in Sibiu”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Picked this hotel for its proximity to the airport, which is only 5 minutes by taxi. Checked in at midnight and checked out at 5 the next morning so can't really comment on much. However the room was large, clean and had all you need for a short business stop over. The wifi was better than I have at home and it's free :)

The staff were great and could not do enough for me. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cristiana G, General Manager at Ana Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Dave N,

Thank you for visiting Ana Airport Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your short stay, and would be thrilled to welcome you as a guest again.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while transiting towards bucharest. I had no reservation and i was looking for a place to overnight due to unintended delay. Various pensions denied me acces but at this hotel i was warmly welcomed. The personnel is very helpfull and friendly. Although the price is not low the room are spacious and the service is at high standards. The sinks in the bathrooms could be placed a bit higher in order to accomodate persons 1.90 m tall.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, in different rooms, and then I realized why some reviews differ so much. Well, the rooms that can only be accessed by stairs are old rooms with no curtain and air conditioning, and it looked to be forgotten in time. The new rooms are comparatively much nicer.
The good.
1. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful.
2. Rooms are spacious, old or new.
3. Breakfast selection is one of the best among the hotels I stayed in Transylvania.
4. Wi-Fi is strong and fast. ( not in the old room though)
5. Taxi arrangements are easily done by front desk. Comes with in 3 minutes.
6. One adult channel if you get really bored.
The bad.
1. No curtain in the old room, the thin curtain in the new rooms are not much more helpful.
2. The mattress quality is bad, especially in the old room, I could feel the spring.
3. Wi-Fi signal is weak in old room.
4. No in room safe.
5. Minimum two taxis per day from and to the hotel, totalling 24 lei, not much but it adds up.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms accessible by the elevator (new rooms). The hotel is also referred by taxi driver...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jason N
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is the forth or fifth time I have stayed at the Hotel Ana whilst en route by car from the UK to Balchik, Bulgaria. Obviously if the Hotel in anyway had previously disappointed I would not continue to book. That said my last stay had been some years ago so I did book in the hope that things were as before.
The Hotel for me is perfectly placed being on the approach outskirts of the City on the main drag in, as such easy to locate and was very soon parked up in the large car park which is plenty big enough to allow parking with confidence that there will always be a space no matter how full the Hotel. Whilst the Hotel does not have any formal Gardens or such for me this was no problem as I simply use the Ana as an overnight stay location to and from Bulgaria.
If you want to pop into Sibiu its close enough to get a Taxi cheaply (The Hotel will call one for you). Its also perfectly placed for the crawl over the Carpathian Mountains hence the reason this is my favoured stopping point before that part of the journey. With 10 minutes you have cleared the City and are in the foot hills ready for the drive across the Mountains. Best also to fuel up either at the service Station located in front of the Hotel or before leaving the City.
So back to the Hotel, once parked into Reception, the staff that I met spoke excellent English and within minutes check in was complete and I was on my way to my room, Lift access or stairs are available to all floors so those impeded can be secure that limited mobility will not be a problem.during there stay.
My room was double and was of excellent size and finish, a mini bar is in the room which is not free but none the less compared with UK Hotel Mini Bar prices is as good as free. TV, stationary, desk space, Wi Fi (free) and good lights will ensure if you are on business you will be able to keep in touch etc.
The room was clean, and the bed comfortable, the WC and shower room was again of excellent size, had plenty of towels and free soaps, shampoos, gels etc. The only item you need bring is your toothbrush and toothpaste.
A hair dryer is located withing your room (for those lucky enough to still have hair), I didn't need this !
So it was now time after testing the shower facilities to pop down stairs to the Hotel Restaurant, sadly I was the only person eating and felt totally lost in what is a very large room, well appointed and decorated with large fancy chandelier type lights, the room is also where you take Breakfast in the mornings.
Food was fine and good value for money, nothing fancy or impressive but remember this is not a fine dining Hotel and does not imply that it is. It simply offers a good range of food at sensible price with in my case efficient service from my waitress who was glad to have something to do.
The local beer that I had to wash down my meal was ice cold and most excellent after 10 hours in the car 3 were just about enough. The bill was more than reasonable for starters a main dish and 1500 ml beer less than £8.00. I was not complaining.
My room was at what I would call the rear of the Hotel, the occasional Dog Bark was apparent from the four legged residents on the bit of ground beyond the Hotel boundary, but having traveled to and lived in Eastern Europe this is the norm and was not a problem.
I slept very well on comfortable bed and the following morning showered and made ready before going down to Breakfast. This as before is help your self buffet affair and if you cant find something you like from the fare on offer then you really are very fussy and should look to spend at least 5 times the rack price of the rooms at the Ana and stay at a proper 5 or 6 star Hotel You'll have job in Romania though !
You can help yourself to as much or as little from what I feel is very good range of hot and cold items, as well as fruits, sweet and savoury fare, cheeses clod meats, cereals, hot and cold drinks, yoghurts etc. You will not starve or leave the Hotel hungry, that is a fact.
So in my view its as good as ever at The Ana, great value all round a safe secure enviroment which is well staffed, well maintained well run and managed and does exactly what it sets out to do.
I'll be back again in 6 weeks so as always I am looking forward to my stay.
Thanks Guys.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a first floor room located above the Restaurant as when the Hotel has been busy the set...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank WSMPIRATE
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We were delayed overnight - try not to fly out of Cluj - they cancel flights all the time - so we bussed down to Sibiu and spent the night at Hotel Ana which is near the airport. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the beds were firm enough, but the rooms don't have much character. The constant barking of dogs all night long really affected our sleep. So all in all, we were satisfied with the hotel, but the restaurant is another story. We ordered food for five of us and the waiter was clueless. He brought the food in shifts: first one person received her soup, then salad. Then came another other two salads. Still, only three of the five of us had anything to eat. Two of us received our entrees...one member of our party had nothing for more than an hour and forty-five minutes. When her entree arrived, the other four of us were finished for at least half an hour. So we ordered dessert thinking we could eat that while our friend ate her dinner. What a joke! After another half hour, nothing had arrived so we gave up. It was amazingly poor service and the food itself was only average. Disappointing, at best! Even if you are staying by the airport, take a taxi to town and dine there - lots of good places to eat in the old city.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
bucuresti
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Hotel is located near the airport and is good for those who want to stay only one night near the airport in Sibiu.
Rooms are quite spacious with TV, minibar and free wi-fi.Bathroom products are of weak quality and and breakfast is poor.Wi-Fi works very well.Receptionists are nice and help you with everything you need.Hotel parking is big and is free.
This hotel is not good to visit Sibiu,but is good if you are in transit or if you have business at the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank chelie_d
Rottweil, Germany
Reviewed 2 February 2013

A hotel that is reminiscent of earlier times.
Clean and tidy. However, no apparent stimulus.
Ok for business. Breakfast and food offer is good.
It lacks some of the charm this house.
Everything is sober.

Room Tip: Since I can not give a prediction.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business