“Unprofessional staff and bad food”
Review of Pensiunea Mai

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sibiu
Pensiunea Mai
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Sibiu
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've been to this restaurant twice and both visits were disappointing, so not a third time for me. The staff is not friendly, and what we consumed from drinks to dessert was of bad quality, to say the least. The coffee is bad, if you want a soft drink you will get one from a 2 l plastic bottle from the bar, the food is bad, the dessert is worst, but all expensive!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay at this location!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Maria C

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were a group of 15 co-workers and we went for our Christmas party there. We had an excellent time. We had a table set up for all of us, they have a great food ritual for welcoming groups (consisting in serving traditional food in a special way), the restaurant was warmly decorated for this time of year and the whole place was very intimate. Good food, great wine and very friendly staff. I can't wait for the next party there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Don't even know what to begin with. The staff is unprofessional at best, rude at times. Including the manager. Especially her. One evening, during dinner, she decided to lecture the members of the group that I was a part of on how to behave respectfully with the staff (NB the group had done nothing but to ask them to bring lunch in time). She kept talking for 15 min, DURING OUR DINNER. She wouldn't admit any argument, she wouldn't allow others to say a word. Whatever we had to say, she had to talk back and claim it's not her fault ( "do you think it's easy to serve 30 people in your group, plus the other clients"- apparently it had never crossed her mind that she should hire more people, or more professional ones. Or "if 6 of you get to dinner, you should all sit at the same table" says who????). Some plates were dirty, some courses were incomplete. Of course, Mme the Manager wouldn't admit to that. Waiters were some sort of mini-replicas of the boss. They claim they can't bring serve anything by the pool. And no, you can't pay by card unless you have a certain amount to pay (that's not rude, it's downright illegal). If I wrote a book about how not to treat client, she would be on top of my list of don'ts. This time I had to stay, as it was a business trip, but I'll never get back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Maria D
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The owner is very friendlly (Mrs. Mary) and the restaurant with tasty and delicious food:)
I'll definately come back again soon! From my experience there the staff was very helpful and served us in due time with no issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've never seen such bad service, so unfrendly and disrespectfull staff. The administrator women was treating us as were some children. The staff in the restaurant was also very unprofessional. I'll not come again.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank MM7www
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The pension is nice and clean. The price for 1 room is not expansive but the eatings/ beverages, mini bar are very expansive.
The owners/reception are friendlly but the restaurant people are young and not profesionists.
They have pool with warm watter.
Important: when u come with the car come thru Sibiu not listen the GPS becouse he took us thru a very very very bad road. Romanians roads :(

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank QuickMobile
Reviewed 6 January 2011

And I didn't spell the word "worm" wrongfully. I went there with my husband and 2 other friends and tried to eat something at their restaurant. And we ordered some bean soup. And what did we see? In my friend's soup, beside the pork meat...there it was one big, white worm!! The landlady was there...but she just turned her back at us. And this is the "great" 5 stars Mai pension.

Horrible!! They didn't even apologized for the event!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple