Libra Hotel
US$98
US$85
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Pool was dirty, jacuzzi very dirty, bathroom ok, but the shower it wasn.t clean. The room was ok, big , with a comfortable bed, it was no balcony. The food was ok, the staff dissappoint me. In a double room i found only one bathrobe, and when I ask why we don't have 2 bathrobe (because in a double room was a couple) they say to us that they haven't enough bathrobe, only one/room. In the gym was a horrible smell, with ugly towels. For the end, i can say only a good word about them, comfortable room, and that's all. Honestly, I don't recomend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andralexa88
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Overall, it was great, but it has no balcony, the pool was under construction, the food was ok but they had a private party in the restaurant and couldn't give us but barbeque stuff. They can focus on just one thing at a time.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2012

When I usually travel to a hotel, many times (like this one) I chose to eat at the hotel's restaurant because it's just convenient. So this review is a two part one: first the hotel, then the restaurant.

The hotel is very decent for the price, it has a few parking spaces in front of the hotel, and more in the back. But from a simple calculation, if all the rooms would be full, finding a parking space would be almost impossible. The hotel staff is nice and welcoming. Like I read in some reviews, it's true that the lobby is a bit minimally furnished but it has most of the things a traveler might need. The elevator is nice and quiet, unlike other hotels I've been in before. The room was nice, clean, good minibar, but only a few tv stations. The bathroom is a bit small but nice. The spa is in fairly good condition and there is a separate staircase that takes you to the swimming pool. As a minus, the swimming pool is occupied by children up to around 18.30, and it closes at 22. Bare in mind that everything in this hotel closes at 22: bar, restaurant, swimming pool, gym, spa, etc., so after that there isn't much to do there.

If it wasn't for the restaurant, this hotel would get a "very good" for me. But it is reviewed as average because the restaurant is poor quality. It's nicely furnished, or at least I can say I liked it, but the service there is weak. The waiters give the impression they really don't know what they're doing, and the breakfast was good the first morning I was there, but gave me the impression that they didn't refill it the second morning, although I went well within the breakfast time limit. I also ate there the first night and it was somewhat OK (like I said, amateur waiters), but not a lot of food to choose from the menu. The second night I ate there, the service was bad. Like I said, everything closes at 22, so I went in the restaurant at 21.00 considering I have more than enough time to order anything, even though all I wanted was a soup. I waited more than 25 minutes without ANY of the waiters even noticing me, when I finally decided to shout after one. After being told that I should order something that can be cooked fast (grilled meat), they told me they had to go to get the cook from somewhere inside the hotel. I told them my order of soup, but they brought me only a mildly warm soup and rushed to get me my bill, although it was only 21.35. I finally left 10 minutes later with a very bad opinion of them and promised myself that if I'll ever come back to this hotel again, I will stay far away from the restaurant.

All-in-all, I would recommend this hotel because it's close to the highway and fairly close to the old town center, but would advise you to be careful about their restaurant...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were really satisfied with our stay at Hotel Libra in Sibiu. It is a modern hotel, situated in a quiet neighborhood. It is not in the city center, but that is easily reachable by taxi or by public transportation or a 15 – 20 minutes walk.

The room and bathroom are very clean, breakfast is OK and the pool area is really nice.
The reception and restaurant staff are very pleasant and helpful and are always trying to help.

Would highly recommend, it’s a good value for money.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

When we arrived the room was stifling and air con wasn't working. We opened all windows and it did cool down. Later on when the neighbours decided to have a party we had to close the windows but air con still not working and the room became unbearable. We asked to move rooms and were transferred by the very helpful receptionist to another room on the other side of the hotel which was much cooler. She was very helpful and explained they actually don't have air con - the unit is for air ventilation only. I would hate to stay there in the summer!!!

• Stayed: April 2012