Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
£35
£32
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Yes, exactly as you read!

My room was supposed to be clean. I confidently took the key from the reception, located not very far (but I had to carry my luggage for approx. 10 minutes from AMBIENT Residence to AMBIENT Pension and then back again...).
I preferred to stay here, because I had to meet some guests who stayed in AMBIENT HOTEL - (which is really good comparing to RESIDENCE). This was the closest place to the Hotel, which was fully booked.
Also, here I was really close to CEASU RAU restaurant which I highly recommend, because the food was great!
When I went to sleep, I had that awful surprise that I've already mentioned - I didn't feel good at all to find out that someone forgot to change the bed sheets... On one of the pillows, there was a long hair. Of course, I did not use it. And I covered my pillow, with one of my own towels...
I had no time all day long to go and talk to someone from AMBIENT PENSION.... I was busy and I came back very late and tired.
What was really interesting was that after 2 days, it took place the promised "change of the bed sheets". What did I find in the evening ? The pillow with that long hair (untouched by me) was moved to my side of the bed. So this was the great "change of sheets". A change of... places, not a CLEAN round of bed sheets. Hard to observe this fact without "the proof", because we speak about pre-washed linen sheets... The towels in the bathroom were clean indeed.

I avoid to try their breakfast. Instead I bought something to eat from the little shops on the way to AMBIENT hotel (you can find yogurt, hot pies, salami, cheese...). 5-6 minutes walk to the shops.
If you want, you can stay there - but be ready to deal with "surprises". I paid 300 RON for 3 nights, in May 2014.
Oh, yes - and I would like to have a small refrigerator in my room. It wasn't any. Maybe next time... :)

Room tip: Ask for one with clean sheets and tell them you read how I was welcomed in May 2014.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alexa2502
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Residence instead if the Pension or Hotel might not meet your expectations. I went there with a group of friends and everyone had a different experience.

Some of the rooms are larger that others, to the point that some may feel claustrophobic and other way too big. If you're lucky (or book in advance) I think you could choose which rooms you want. We didn't get the luxury to have rooms close to each other.

The kitchen space at the third floor may be useful if you like to bring your own food. There's Wi-Fi throughout the whole building, which was nice.

Depending on what you're in town for, this place might be good for you. I personally only recommend it to Romanians that are in Brasov with a bit of business.

Tourists expecting a more comfortable stay should probably choose the pension or hotel. (Or another place.)

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm surprised about the bad reviews. I visited this place with my friends in August 2013 and we were really satisfied. Maybe there are huge differences in room quality but there wasn't single thing we could complain about during our three-night stay, especially considering the price.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great room, great prices and great hospitality! A smart choice! The residence was very close to the centre, the room very clean and with nice design. It worths every single euro. I definitely recommend.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntonisV723
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Likes: Great staff, good location, near the city center. They have vouchers for "Paradisul Acvatic", allowing you to save some money.

Dislikes: The fact that in order to check in you have to go to the Ambiance Hotel, even though you´re staying at the Ambiance Residence. There is no reception at the Residence. There is no elevator; no other option for the luggage, meaning you can only take the stairs. The room is not soundproof, and if other guests pass by your room you can hear the entire conversation.

Date of stay: December 2013