“You would expect more....”
Review of Casa Hirscher

Casa Hirscher
Ranked #24 of 313 Restaurants in Brasov
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Reservations rezervari@casahirscher.ro
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service is impecable, the food is good but did not excelled, i would say...
Pizza was oily and the tomato soup was similar to one that you can buy from the store

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Casa Hirscher is a bit on the fancier side, and some of the photos of their food looked a bit too much like those tiny mouthfuls of something on a huge plate, but we were in the mood for pasta, and what a good choice this restaurant was. We took a salad to share (bacon, cheese, leaves and a delicious dressing) and then the bucatini amatriciana and the farfalle al salmone. Both were excellent. The bucatini had a wonderful depth of flavour and the salmone had super-fresh pieces of salmon that were not overcooked, despite being in the sauce. Our waiter, Julian, was efficient and friendly, without being obtrusive. Highly recommended.

Erik K, General Manager at Casa Hirscher, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear ItchfeetCapeTown,

We are hapyp to read your positive review about the quality of the food and service that we provide.

We look forward hosting you again :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Locally purhaps the most expensive,also one of the worst,have orderd duck breast with something,got a piece of very expensive and small 'rubber' could not eat it,thought it was a cook's mistake,so we have tried a second time, we definately agreed it is just among the worst there is in town.

Dear Petrut M,

Being the "worst and most expensive in town" is a title of its own, even thou a bad one, we are thankful that you awarded it to us. Hopefully we'll have the chance of hosting you again and changing your opinion.

In the meantime I would like to clarify that the problem with the duck was a general one, not just particularly in your case; we received by mistake male duck which is a lot more drier , in the meantime this has been amended.

In terms of pricing, we would like to emphasize on the fact that our prices are below what other restaurants ask for the same dishes.

We look forward hosting you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t enjoy my lunch with my boy there on Children’s Day because of the bad smell and cigarette smoke coming from the table next to us.

While were not such surprised that another client decided to ignore the legislation and the common sense and mutual respect minimum requirements, we were totally surprised when the general manager came to us to explain me that they allow electronic cigarette and that I should accept the smoke and bad smell as it is legal.

So if you care about you and your children and do not want somebody else to send cigaratte smoke in your children’s face, you better avoid this bad smelling smoking place, as I will do from now on.

1  Thank Daniel-MK-74

Dear DanielTepes,

Although we are of course glad that you chose to visit us with your son on such an important day for the little ones, I consider your review to be exagerrated to say the least.

You chose to sit on our glass terrace although when you arrived other guests were already smoking e-cigarettes. Upon your complain I offered you another table, I insisted on accommodating you, I proposed that I will ask the smoking guest to turn it off while you are there, but you said it's too late, I even offered to compensate your bad experience.

Otherwise, yes, we allow people to smoke e-cigarettes as they are LEGAL. Although we are welcoming anybody in our establishment, we are the ones choosing our policies and we try to accommodate everyone's needs, without discriminating smokers or non-smokers.

I assure you that we care about children just as much as we do about adults, that's why we only allow smoking on the glass TERRACE but not inside the restaurant where I offered to move you.

I do hope that your review will be helpful to other guests as well, in any way.

We look forward hosting you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Nice restaurant in the old town, with a very pleasant ambiance, good food, nice and helpful staff, excellent dessert :).

Dear Bulushika,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

We do look forward hosting you again :)