“Delicious Romanian Food”

Restaurant Transilvania
Ranked #43 of 303 Restaurants in Brasov
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Romanian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ive been a regular visitor to Romania since 1992, in connection with a British charity. Been to Brasov many times but only just discovered this real hidden gem of a restaurant in terms of good service, really nice food, and VERY good value. I would like to write a review - please list ASAP please
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was a great restaurant. We took our young kids with us and the servers did not seem bothered by them at all (which is unusual in many restaurants in Romania). We are not smokers and I appreciated that there was no smoking on the ground floor so we didn't have to smell smoke while enjoying our meal. The food was very inexpensive, but absolutely delicious! Some of the best Romanian food I've ever had.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

It's not great food but it is affordably priced and the restaurant offers a non-smoking section completely separated from the smoking section, which is nice, as it is hard to find restaurants in Brasov where the smoke of cigarettes doesn't engulf you. I'd say the food was mediocre - I had the chicken breast with mushrooms and sour cream - the chicken was nice, however the potatoes that came with it arrived almost cold. Service was decent, no complaints there. Next time I visit Brasov I will likely try some of the other local restaurants before returning here.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Restaurant Transilvania was brilliant, our favorite restaurant in Brasov. Food and service were really good and really great value for money. The location just off the main square is very convenient.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Very good and tasty menu which also includes Romanian dishes.
We took 3 course menu for a couple for 75lei.
The food is fresh so it may take 10-15 min to get served

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and friends food was great, and they kept topping up their wine, however my starter arrive at the same time as my main and my wine was never topped up. Good value if you don't mind patchy service.

1  Thank k_a_richards