“It was excellent”

Ranked #104 of 144 Brasov B&B and Inns
Targu Mures Romania
“It was excellent”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was there last year. It was very good and this pension will be my first option if I go in Brasov. The pension not have included breakfast but this is not a problem. Maybe they will put in a future. Bye

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've been here before moving to Brasov and this was the place where I fell in love with this beautiful city. At first I booked my stay at another hotel but they were full so they suggested me that I should book a room here. It was a bit more expensive then, but now I see it is a lot cheaper and you can benefit from different offers. It is located on a very quiet street so if you are looking for a place to stay without being bothered by traffic or too much noise, this is surely an amazing place. When it comes to the rooms, I found mine to be very clean. The bathroom was also extremely clean and this is an aspect I always take good interest in. I loved the receptionist, she was this nice woman, extremely pleasant to talk to and very polite.

Ambra Pension is not very far away from the city center and if you like walking I guess it’s a 25 minutes walk. What I love about it is the fact that it’s not packed with tourists, although I came in a very busy weekend(at the beginning of August). You could also grab a cab if you are in a hurry but I loved admiring the old buildings on the quiet Long Street. They even had a cute balcony where you could hang out in the evening or grab a coffee in the morning. I had a great time then in Brasov and this little cozy place with its nice small, but clean rooms certainly added to my pleasant experience. Unfortunately, I only stayed for two days.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Deva
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Ambra is situated in a very quite location, only 10 min walk from centre of Brasov. The staff is helpful and polite.
The room was clean and peaceful, but the walls were cracked, spots of mould were visible in the corner of the ceiling and the tv was broken.
The bathroom could be cleaner – it had a little, persistent, bad smell of mould.
No breakfast was available to be served due to restaurant’s rearrangement in progress.
On the whole, it is OK for one night but if you want to stay more you should find something else or wait until the needed repairs are done and proper maintenance is in place.

Room Tip: The location is quite, so we do not have tips for choosing a good room :-)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Constanta, Romania
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My family and I stayed for two days at Ambra Pension. We liked it very much and we plan to return whenever possible! The price and quality of service was very good! We enjoyed the location and the quiet surroundings. We also liked the room, with its design and functionality. We highly recommend Ambra Pension (Guest House) to all tourists in Brasov.

Room Tip: As a family, I recommend a suite for the space and for the spectacularity!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family