“Very Recommended”

Hotel Ambient
Ranked #11 of 56 Hotels in Brasov
“Very Recommended”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

the hotel has one of the best staff we ever met, the reception people were amazing, they helped us a lot, they care so much and have a lot of passion, and they speak fluent english. the room was very clean and very comfort, hot water anytime, lcd tv in the room with a lot of channels, and air-conditioning also available. the neighbourhood is quiet and the hotel is 10min walk to the old city. Wi-Fi is available in the rooms for free. the Breakfast buffet was very good and tasty. we'll definitely stay there if we visit Brasov again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenu X

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I chose this hotel because of the proximity with Brasov's center (Piata Sfatului, strada Republicii), like 10-15 min walking. The room was OK, nothing extraordinary, but clean and large enough not feeling in a closet, same thing for the bathroom. The free wifi was working, which is not so common in a hotel. The parking is free, I was parked underneath the hotel. The breakfast is very good, with enough choice for everyone. The staff is very polite too.price is 60 eur/night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pierre P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Two bathrooms, two story room, awesome hotel. Staff were totally brilliant . Nice breakfast. Very clean. Great all round. Only negative was wifi didn't work in room and no kettle in room. Great heating. If you go to brasov go to this hotel. This is 5 stars IMO

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hollyajd
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We were two couples at the Ambient hotel for three nights very favorably impressed, the service at reception was very good, good breakfast, close to shade pedestrian (15 minute walk),We ordered a deluxe room, a large room, very clean, offered us a bottle of wine for free room.
In room has heating and even though the temperature outside was -10 degrees in the room we felt very pleasant

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Bucharest
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We have stayed in Ambient hotel for two days in December, in the 3* rooms. The hotel is well located near the city center, a 10 minutes walk. The rooms are very big, spacious, a little outdated but ok. The hotel has a parking in front of it, which is very convenient. Staff is polite.
Breakfast is good, with plenty of choice.

However.......after living the hotel, I realised that I forgot my phone charger in the room. I wrote an e-mail to the front office, asking them to keept it until I would sent someone to pick it up. I precisely indicated the place where it was and the fact that I left it on the floor, near the bed.

Well....they have informed me that the charger was not found anhd wished me a good day.

I know it is my fault that I forgot it there, but still, I will not return in the hotel and will not recommend it to my friends

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank iubitu
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I spent 2 days at Hotel Ambient for a meeting. I arrived at 9 pm by taxi and I had to get off on the sidewalk before reaching the hotel, as the parking was closed by a barrier that was not automatic and nobody did open it from the inside. I had to change my room, as I had reserved a double (single use) at a high floor and was given a twin with two really small single beds at 1st floor. The new room was big and confortable, and so was the bathroom, but facilities were rather poor (no international TV channels, hairdrier actually worked but the plastic was completely broken, soap and shampoo were rather scarce) and frigobar was really expensive. Moreover a giant election billboard hung on the hotel facade over the 5 floors, completely hidding room windows. Breakfast was very poor and breakfast room was not adequate for serving all guests.
Staff was very kind.
I was really expecting more from a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 24 November 2012

In november 2012 we arrived at 5 pm, perceived that was no heat in our rooms, we asked for heat, received it but only till 11 pm when they decided we are already sleeping and we will not observe that we have a bad temperature in the room. 4 stars hotel doing saving costs.

After checkout most of us left the car(the car was in front of 2 other cars)for 10 minutes to buy something nearby. On our return a man yells at us to leave the parking, that we are no longer clients of the hotel. "it" was the hotel owner.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business