“Great location , great value”
Review of Bella Muzica

Bella Muzica
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Brasov
Montreal, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,073 helpful votes
“Great location , great value”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Perfect location if you want to visit Brasov , very good price , excellent service , room was quiet and comfortable and the place is beautiful . We also ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and we strongly recommend it specially if you are looking for a romantic eve
We arrived by train and we took a taxi from the train station ; it was 5 times more expensive than the taxi called by the hotel on the way back ! Advise : call the hotel on arrival to send you a cab !
Do not hesitate to ask the front desk for recommendations for places to visit or eat ; we had done a lot of research prior to the trip yet the staff made us discover some gems !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank belleretraite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We spent two nights in early December and were pleasantly surprised with the customer service and attention to detail provided by the staff. The hotel is beautifully decorated and has the best location in Brasov. One downside is that there is no parking available, but there is plenty of open air parking about one block away. While checking in we were informed by the clerk that the hotel offers 3 covered parking spots for a small fee. We accepted and found this to be a great option I would recommend visitors ask for this option when available. this really helped us as it snowed the entire time we were there.

The rest of the visit was just as enjoyable as our check in experience. Due to the few number of rooms the botel staff really give a personalized level of attention and they were very accomodating to our needs. The rooms are beautiful and feel like a private home. Breakfast is good and there is also a highly recommended restaurant on site, but we did not get a chance to eat there.

We would highly recommend this hotel, especially for couples looking for a romantic retreat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Puente3000
leadville CO
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I am writing belatedly, I visited Brasov last February. I enjoyed my stay at Bella Muzica very much, and meant to write a review immediately after I left. but kept putting it off. I finally was overcome by guilt and had some free time, so here we are.
I have forgotten the names of the front desk staff, but there were two or three young women and one young man. All were exceptionally helpful and all spoke excellent English. [I know languages besides English, but Romanian isn't one of them, so this was a relief.] I was mainly in town to ski at Poiana Brasov, but I wanted to stay in town rather than the resort. The front desk staff helped me communicate with cab drivers when I wanted to go somewhere less typical.
The hotel is in the heart of downtown in an old building with lots of atmosphere. My room was huge. My bed was big and very comfortable. The bathroom [and everything else] was exceptionally clean, with what appeared to be brand-new tile, fittings and fixtures. The quality of all the furnishings was on par with 5-star US hotels. There was plenty of hot water. There was. a good-sized TV with a wide variety of channels - mostly in languages, again, outside my repertoire - so I ended up watching 'The Return of the King' in German, then re-runs of the European women's winter biathlon championships. Dozens of athletic Nordic and Slavic women chasing each other on skis over hill & dale in tights, with rifles: What could be better?
The restaurant in the basement has a cozy grotto-like atmosphere. The food & service were excellent, at least at dinner - I never ate lunch there.
You can follow Brasov's streets southwestward - upstream - and after about 2 miles you will come to the edge of town, where the valley in which Brasov rests narrows to a forested canyon. There is no place to go except further upstream, but fortunately this is a park, with trails that lead steeply up the sides of the canyon 2 or 3 more miles until you reach the ski resort Poiana Brasov. The shorter trail runs up the right-hand side of the canyon and comes out on the highway just below the resort. The longer trail goes up a side canyon to the left [southeast] and winds around until it emerges from the woods behind a hotel right at the foot of the ski slope.
If it's winter, and you brought climbing skins, you can get nicely warmed up for the day's skiing by skinning up one of these trails. If it's summer, I bet it's a beautiful hike.
There is no point in schlepping your skis over your shoulder two miles through town, so ask the desk clerk if he is familiar with the 'old road to Poiana Brasov' [the shorter of the two routes described above - both begin at the same place] and ask her to help you get a cab or find a city bus. You can also get maps & advice at a mountaineering / outdoors store on the same side of the street as the hotel, a couple hundred yards up the street [turn right as you exit the hotel]. Enjoy your stay at Bella Muzica!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Despite Brasov being one of my favorite cities and never get bored of it, I barely spend the night here. This time I choosed Bella Muzica as a quick decision, probably because the restaurant below (wich I simply love, btw). I couldn*t wake up in time for breakfast, so I cannot advise on it. We had a large double room at the first floor, quiet, warm enough, very clean and cosy. Not having an elevator might be a problem for those who like big luggages or having restricted moving; I guess this is why they got 3* instead of 4*. The staff is incredible: fast, helpfull, friendly, still very polite. There is a private parking you can use, 200 mts away, not cheap on a long term, but for sure better than a fine or a picked-up-car. The hotel is situated in the heart of the city, so on the same street you can find restaurants serving Italian, Romanian, German or even Mexican food, libraries, a non-stop small shop just the next door, a small wine bar, bistros, a pastry shop, the wellknown symbol Black Church. All in all, a good base to „taste” the spirit of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Spent 2+1 nights in the Bella Muzica as we travelled throughout Romania. One of the best hotels we stayed in. Friendly helpful staff. Verging on luxurious, wonderful breakfast, located on the main square, clean, wifi = outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel set is Brasov which has one of the best preserved medieval quarter and fortifications. The hotel is situated in the centre of the town within easy walking distance of the sights. The service here was excellent and the room lovely and clean. The hotel has a cave like restaurant with very good food and service. We really enjoyed this hotel and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANNE K
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The staff at Hotel Bella Muzica, particularly Diana, went out of their way to make my stay in Brasov incredible.

The location is directly across the street from the town's main square. It is the perfect location to explore the town, as I did, but I imagine this wood be an excellent business hotel as well. The wireless was reliable and the morning breakfast buffet was fantastic. I really have no complaints.

The restaurant on the premises deserves its own review, but suffice to say, the food was excellent. The staff was kind enough to squeeze me in at the last minute on the evening I arrived.

The room was fantastic, with wooden beams in the ceiling and a small window overlooking the square. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. I arrived on a weekend, but noise was not a problem.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor had air conditioning.