“Amazing historical tour with Adrian”

Wise Transylvania Tours and Sightseeing
Ranked #2 of 44 Tours in Brasov
More attraction details
Owner description: Greetings From Transylvania My name is Adrian Costin Ungureanu but my friends call me Adi. I was raised in the fantastic historic town of Brasov in the heart of Transylvania. We now live in Rasnov where my parents Constantin and Valentina run one of the top Guest Houses „Casa Rasoveana ”and the best restaurant in town „ La Promenada” check it our on Tripadvisor. So you could say that the hospitality and tourism business is a family affair. I studied and gained a Masters in Tourism at Transylvania University before going on to train for my National Tour Guide Certificate. So you could say welcoming visitors and showing them what's fantastic about Transylvania is not just in the blood but is a true vocation for me. It helps that this area of Romania is probably the most amazing place for visitors. I've been working as a guide at the Fortress of Rasnov for the past five years. Part of my job is to come up with great events at the Fortress and help organize them. We've put on every kind of event from and Movie Festivals to Medieval Events, Team Building, Grand Openings, Party Planner, Festive Dinners and so on. I'm widening my offering to visitors. I am so passionate about this great region that I want to share it. I can help you plan your private tour, provide transport in comfortable vehicles with free wi-fi, arrange accommodation and great places to eat. You can come to me for help and advice on part or all of your vacation, from airport/rail pick-up to drop-off or for that special day out visiting some sights around. My tours are tailored to your particular interests and enthusiasms and I will take great professional care of you, making your visit one to remember.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the Bran and Rasnov tour with Adrian. And it was really worth it ! If you have the chance to visit Palas castle i think you should also go there aswell. Unfortunately we didn't see it because it is closed on mondays.

Adrian is amazing in knowlege about history and culture. His english is very good ! We were able to follow his tellings about the history of Transylvania easily although we are from Germany and not conform with the rumianian culture.
It was very interesting ! You will see the places with different eyes if you know the how and why peolpe built it.

So all in all we had a wonderful half day tour with a really friendly humorous guide ! We didn't want to miss that tour!

Also wirklich sehr empfehlenswert ! Adrian ist super nett und bemüht sich sehr dass man die Hintergründe der Geschichte von Siebenbürgen versteht. Wer ein bisschen Interesse am Mittelalter und Festungen hat ist bei ihm super aufgehoben!!! Der Preis der Fahrt ist allerdings ohne Eintritte für die Burgen. Aber die Tour war es auf jeden Fall wert!!! Immer wieder gerne. Anna und Martin

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"sites"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic day tour with Adrian to Bran Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Prejmer Fortified Church and the Libearty bear sanctuary. The whole day was fascinating and we thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Adrian and hearing about the history and social history of Transylvania. Adrian is so passionate and knowledgeable about the area and his wonderful sense of humour and relaxed nature meant we didn't want the day to end. We highly recommend Wise Transylvania tours and we will definitely be booking future tours with Adrian when we return to Transylvania.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I had the great pleasure of attending a Transylvania tour by Adrian and felt like I was really living the Transylvanian history. With an impressive historical knowledge and superb communication skills, Adrian made the tour one of the very best travelling experiences I ever had. Many thanks. Best, Luis (Portugal)

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

First time with a tour guide and no regrets. Adrian is awesome! He is very knowledgeable of the sites and surrounding areas, a whole lot of fun, and he knows all the great local restaurants. Showed us more than we could ever have gotten out of a travel book at each of the sites we visited. We were able to go on 3 different day tours with Adrian. He let us keep him out longer on the tours as we talked about everything & he was never in any rush. He picked us up and dropped us off at the doorstep of our hotel in Braşov.

I would highly recommend using him to tour Transylvania’s amazing places.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I had never been one for taking tours ... until now. My wife and I decided to take a castle tour while in Braşov to Bran, Peles and Râşnov. Adrian picked us up at our hotel and we were immediately in sync. We talked about everything ... history, tourist info, languages, where to’s... By the time we reached our first location, Adrian had greatly impressed with his friendliness, straightforwardness, and politeness. We ended up spending 3 whole days with Adrian touring multiple castles, fortified churches, fortified town, Dacian and Roman archeological sites and palaces. He introduced us to the best restaurants for lunch - I mean delicious local food.

Adrian set the bar extremely high for us - he was an awesome guide. His knowledge and enthusiasm really makes the different locations even more amazing!