Hotel Bavaria Blu
  • Pool
Hotel Carol(Constanta)
US$94
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here for more then a month. It was a business trip. I wasn't expected such a good quality of service and accomodation in Mamaia.
The hotel is nicely located right on the beach.
The staff! Words cannot describe how awesome the staff is! Kind, professional, considerate, warm, and welcoming... Each day we were greeted with smiles and caring about how we enjoyed our day. They are helpful regarding dinner recommendations/reservations, suggestions for entertainment.
We have tried different types of rooms. All of them were clean and confortable. On the 5th floor they have specially designed rooms with beautiful sea view. I especially like India. :)
The breakfast is excellent, as well as the a la carte menu. The food is really good! After a long day we chose to eat dinner in the garden restaurant which is so nice!
All in all a very good hotel: clean, comfortable and with excellent attentive staff. We would definitely return.

Highly recommend! :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kinga S
Geanina T, Quality Services Supervisor at Hotel Bavaria Blu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Kinga,

thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave your positive impressions of our hotel. We are happy that staff and accommodation, both standard and on the MAPAMOND floor, have made such long-lasting impressions. We hope for you to return the following years and have similarly good experiences.

Kind regards,

Quality Services Supervisor,
Geanina Taralunga

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Last weekend I stayed 3 nights at the Bavaria Blu Hotel in Mamaia. I've read a few reviews before, seen the pictures, everything was dreamy. We had a big pool, a gym and spa, or so I thought.

At the reception everything was great, the team did their job, but the hotel experience was awful taking into consideration that it has 4* and you have to pay the price. But I would add that at the reception the lady was proud of her when she said the parking and the outdoor pool (it was raining) were free for us to use. Really now?!

When we went into the room everything was so tiny and the door barely opened. They tried to tell us that there's a glitch and they showed us how to open it. Got to give it to them, they tried to fix it, but with no luck and I think that is unacceptable. They knew there was a problem with it, that's why they showed us the glitch.

Then everything came pouring in:
- Because it rained, it was quite cold in the room. When I tried to heat the room, the air conditioning didn't work (FYI I did switched it from cold to heat and put it on 26C). That's ok, it was the 1st day of summer after all. I took out the blanket from the closet and guess what: it was dirty.
- The closet doesn't have shelves. Where am I suppose to put everything? On the 3 hangers left in the closet for 2 people?
- There were no robes, but that's OK, they usually promote the luxurious suits (FYI that's what you are seeing in the picts), so probably they didn't have some for us, mortals.
- My phone died on me so I looked for some kind of outlet to charge it. Couldn't find it at first glance, but I thought there must be some because there's a TV. The outlet was hidden behind a big desk, I had to be on my belly to manage to charge my phone.
- The electricity panel made a freaking noise all the time. Here goes my quiet weekend.
- The breakfast was decent, it had pretty much everything.
- The WiFi was decent, sometimes it didn't worked.
- The spa and the gym weren't ready that weekend, but I checked the space out, it's tiny, just so they can say they have it.
- They changed the towels, but the second morning there, they didn't put one for the bathroom floor and it was necessary because the shower's doors didn't close perfectly and water was dripping.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the most expensive ones, on the top floor. The average room is $55/night and those are around $205/night. But, after all, even the first category is suppose to have 4*.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElenaN589

Dear Madam,

We are sorry you have had a less satisfying experience during your stay with us.
We believe that our price-quality ratio is a very good one and there are constant efforts made to improve our services. Hence, a complaint from your side would have given us the possibility to fix the problems on the spot, and yourself the chance to enjoy your dream holiday. Given that no such complaints were made, it is difficult for us to provide you with a satisfying solution at this time.

Nevertheless, I can provide some clarifications, especially regarding our heating system. This is scheduled to change according to the season’s temperature and considering you holidayed with us at the end of June (summer had already started for more than 3 weeks), this change had already taken place and prevented you from attaining a very high temperature.

Had you informed us at the Front Desk we could have sorted out the unpleasant surprise of the dirty blanket within minutes, as well as the rest of the mishappenings that occurred during your stay, such as the lack of sufficient hangers, robes and foot towel on your second day. All of these are amenities that our clients should benefit from and we apologise this did not happen in your case. However, we wish we could have had the chance at that time to make your stay more comfortable by bringing them to you when needed.

We regret you have experienced problems when unlocking your hotel room. The door glitch is not a common issue for us, but our technical team must be able to fix any sort of problems with no difficulty. Thus, their easiness in opening your door. The door lock has been changed altogether since then. I believe the electrician would have been able to fix the electrical panel, had he been made aware of this problem.

Regarding the wardrobe and its ‘lack’ of shelves, I would like to point out that there are two shelves - one superior and one lower - that give sufficient space for clothes, beyond the one provided in the hangers area.

We are undergoing a refurbishing program this year and it is within our plan to include more plugs throughout the rooms.

We are happy that you have enjoyed breakfast and its variety. We have taken into consideration requests made by our clients in order to make their stay more pleasant.

As for the deluxe accommodation we offer on the MAPAMOND floor, this is a 5-star accommodation, with personalised rooms according to 16 different countries from around the world. We hope that you will come to experience one of them and that, despite all these unpleasant issues, you will give us another chance to prove that we can provide you with a most relaxing and comfortable holiday.

Kind regards,
Geanina Taralunga

Quality Services Supervisor

Reviewed 12 September 2013

As Mamaia is a very busy/crowded seaside resort I chose this hotel to stay for 9 nights on a business travel.
The hotel is situated at the entrance of the resort and is easily accessible. The price / quality ratio seemed fair enough (being given that Mamaia boasts with many 4* which are actually hardly a 2*+). I was expecting lower than 4* quality but not lower than 3*. The stay there was not too pleasant.

Negatives:
- Parking is usually full with the cars of people renting the restaurant for events so if you are actually staying at the hotel you might have a hard time finding a place. Also, the parking personnel don’t know how to be polite and are often ironic or disrespectful.
- The front desk personnel doesn’t always salute you (I am referring to when you go up front and try to talk to them), nor do they smile or keep a respectful tone.
- The cleanliness in the rooms isn’t good enough. We found hair on the floor and in the bathroom, there was some dust on the table/desk and night stands.
- The beds are awful. The mattresses are lumpy/too bouncy/you can feel the springs below you. I am not writing here about the difference between a hard and a soft bed, but between a good and a broken/used one.
- Most of the towels were ragged or torn up.
- The breakfast was low quality; the products did not seem fresh enough.
- Some of the personnel have no training at all and are disrespectful most of the time.
- The pool was dirty.
- The rooms on the first level have no protection against forced entry - the windows open very close to the ground level.

Positives:
- The AC in the room was very efficient, which is great during the summer.
- The rooms are quite big so you feel free, not constrained.
- Some of the personnel were efficient and would respond eagerly to any request (but not all of them, the bad cases were more than these ones).

I did not use the in house restaurant for lunch or dinner. I am sorry for them, BUT WHATCH OUT THIS IS NOT A 4* HOTEL – BY FAR!

Room Tip: The rooms on the seaside have a nice view from the upper levels, but you have to deal with all the noise/music coming from outside(which is very, very loud and goes on up to 24.00h); the rooms on the backside look upon the parking and have an ugly view - but are very, very silent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 610vladv
Nicoleta I, Marketing Department at Hotel Bavaria Blu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Sir,

We appreciate the feedback you have posted as we are constantly trying to
improve our services and please our clients. Based on the problems you have
mentioned in your review, we will approach each and on of them.

We like to mention that Mamaia being the most crowded resort on the
Romanian shore, as you have mentioned yourself, makes the hotel be just as
busy. That translates into a crowded parking, despite the fact that the
hotel provides 110 parking lots, i.e. more than 70% of its accommodation
capacity. Most of these parking lots are located just in front of the
hotel, while the rest are situated at a distance of just 20 m away from the
hotel.

As far as events are concerned, they do not take more than two parking
lots, which are already designated. There are also cars, linked to the
events, which drop off guests and then leave.

Regarding the hotel staff, in general, we require them to be polite,
respectful and always helpful. We apologise if they did not always meet
these standards and if they have made your stay with us less pleasant. For
a more prompt resolution of such problems we kindly ask you, as well as
other tourists, to inform the front desk of problems shortly after they
occur. Furthermore, in order to avoid such incidents please provide us with
more information about the period of time when your stay took place, on
marketing@bavariabliu.ro.

In reference to towels, I can assure you that they are regularly sorted to
ensure that only the good ones go to tourists. Unfortunately, due to
hygienic reasons, we cannot unfold them after receiving them from the
laundry company. Hence, we rely on the company to deliver them in good
condition and can only remove damaged towels afterwards. Nonetheless, we
promptly replace problematic towels with good ones.

Breakfast is an important part of the services we provide and we always
ensure that products served are within their expiry term. We also make
sure that all products are sliced and placed on the buffet based on request
and number of clients in the restaurant. The same case being with omelettes
and eggs. We would appreciate it if you could provide more details as to
what you thought was not fresh enough or did not satisfy your requirements.

The pool is cleaned twice a day, in the morning and the evening. However,
there can surely be intervals when the weather may be fastidious and bring
dirt to the pool, thus creating periods of time when we are discovered on
this issue. Furthermore, we also depend on tourists respecting basic rules
of using the pool, such as using the showers to remove dust, sand and
sunscreen protection.

Regarding the hotel security, we provide this service. Nevertheless, this
does not imply that windows can be left open or that personal items can be
left unguarded. Windows should be left open only when tourists are inside
the room.

In terms of view and scenery, the hotel rooms are various types and provide
different views: from the interior yard situated next to the restaurant,
the green spaces next to the parking lots and the buildings in the hotel’s
proximity to the sea.

We have also noted the positive remarks you have made and we hope to
considerably increase their number on your next visit

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Definitely not a 4 star, a 2 star would fit much better. If I'd have to choose smth we liked in this hotel, there is nothing to choose from. The room and bathroom were unclean, the staff has no idea what running a hotel means, there were bugs that had bitten us during the night. The breakfast is very poor, and the staff there is very unprofessional.

As a fellow traveler said. the check out is offending as they ask you if you have taken smth from the mini-bar, and if your answer is "no", they say, ok. let's check that out, as if you are a liar.. we couldn't understand why they bother to ask you..

During our stay a wedding took place on Saturday night, and when we've got back to the hotel, a guy was giving directions to drivers where to park because there were much more cars than usual.. he indicated us a spot in the middle of the parking lot, and when we worried he said he would be very careful to avoid any accidents, as he would be there throughout the night.. around 11 PM, we were in the room when we were alerted by the car alarm that the car was shaken.. we run to see what's going on, and we found our car hit, and nobody there.. when we asked about the parking keeper, despite the fact that everybody in the reception was aware about the accident (we know that from another traveler who was there shortly after), they play dead.. the keeper appeared later but he was a bit drunk.. they didn't care at all about what happened nor their responsibility ..

As I said, not a hotel to recommend to your friends, and in fact to anybody.. this is our first hotel in many years that gets a bad review from us.. we went there for a conference, otherwise we wouldn't chosen this hotel based on the reviews found on tripadvisor and elsewhere.

Room Tip: better choose another hotel ;)
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
13  Thank Monica V
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Granted, we were there after the season closed but the hotel was run down and not of nice character. Staff were trying to tell us they get €1,000/nt in high season but I could never see that in a million years. This is really a two star hotel, but then I didn't have a sea view so maybe that would have helped. It felt very dirty and several people in my party were bitten by bugs in the night-- not sure if mosquitos or spiders or what as we never saw them, only woke up covered in bites. The drinks were cheap and there was a good cafe near by. Not a destination I would look up again. Check out was tedious as they seemed sure we were stealing things and insisted on checking each room before we left, not a feeling of good will to be sure.

Room Tip: I'm sure a room with a view and an ocean breeze would be a benefit.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business