“Ruined my vacation plans!”

Mediterranean Azur Hotel
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 26 May 2013

this rating is not on the basis of hotel amenities or services, it's rather the hotel management that needs serious reform. I called a day before arrival to book a day use, the front desk agent said no need to book and you just walk in and get your day use. she told me about the prices per person and checkin/out times but never mentioned that this is a beach use only not including a room! i walked in the other day and the receptionist referred me to a nearby desk dealing with day use bookings only where there were 10 different people swarming over the lady on the desk with no queue what so ever. She then realized i was waiting to get serviced and eventually she said this is beach use only per day per person but not including a room. I went back to the front desk to ask for a room to stay for this day and guess what? there was no availability....so i had to go back home with my vacation plan busted!!

bottom line they ruined my vacation plan because of the unprofessional person who answered my cal an never gave the full precise information about the day use they offer.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sameh E

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

In terms of location, this is the most wonderful hotel in Alex.
But.. In terms of room quality of furniture, can say good.
The view from the rooms is wonderful.
I had some troubles in sleeping because the music at the club prevented me from sleeping although we were during a week day and no one was there.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We chose to stay in this hotel rather than the Four Seasons only coz of the location the hotel. And no regrets for that. I believe it must b the only hotel on the beach front and all the rest are across the main busy street. The room overlooked the beautiful mediterranean sea and the beach was clean and well kept. However we found no beach boys though found a couple of towels.

Rooms were clean when we reached but being a busy hotel an evening service was not provided inspite of being asked. For the price that we paid for the room the services were not matched. Towels were oldin the bathroom. For our family of 4 2 queen size beds were provided in the room which was very convinient and comfortable. Mattresses and quilts could do with a change though.

Restaurants were not highly priced and food was good. There is a sea food restaurant in the hotel whose smell overpowered the whole hotel in the evening from the lobby till the rooms.... Didnt like that much. They have a nice pool and attentive staff there but sadly the pools are not heated.

The stanley bridge is next to the hotel , great place for a walk in the evening and enjoy the sunset !!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank sanghamitradb
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I was big fan of this nice hotel but not any more. it seems that either the management has been changed or they decided to save expenses on the account of the guests.

Brief:
- The rooms A/C is shut down
- The pool heater is shut down
- The service is not professional

Story:
once I got in the room, I reported a problem with the A/C. it works as a fan only. they promised that they will fix it in 20 minutes but nothing happened. I left the room for few hours and came back late to find the A/C still not working !

I was very tired to report the same thing again and wait for the technician again. so I opened the balcony for some fresh air and had an awful night with mosquitoes.

next day, I repeated my complaint and this time they fixed it but decided to turn it off again during the night and that's why I'm writing this review at 6 am....sweating

the pool heater was another story where I heard the funniest unprofessional reply in my life. the reply was:

- we shut the heating in April because weather is fine (although it's windy and cold)
- it takes two days to heat the pool
- You should have told us in advance so we turn it on for you... (yes ... it's a five stars hotel)

my short vacation has been ruined....checking out shortly

• Stayed: April 2013
15  Thank haytham_alassal
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is a cozy hotel with a private beach with no waves making the sea very enjoyable and safe for children. Both the sea and the pools were very clean and the beach was great! The buffet breakfast by the beach was excellent.
Staff were pleasant and efficient and the rooms were very clean. There is a certain family feel in the hotel.

At night, there is a night club and there are many restaurants/cafes both inside and just outside the hotel and further along the coast if you fancy a walk, particularly due east of the hotel. You can also catch a taxi to any place in Alexandria to see the sights.

We enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed in hotel Azur for 4 nights for business purpose.The Hotel is located in very central location and have a nice view overlooking the great Alexandria beach.The rooms are spacious (relative to European standards) yet the furniture is average.The hotel has a nice beach front and 2 medium size pools.The food is average.however,the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants.I recommend this hotel for business purposes and families with kids....enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The Azur was booked for us as part of a Peregrine Tour (Alexandria Extension). We had no idea where we were staying until we arrived there and what a pleasant surprise when we saw the location. I had no idea that Egypt could be as beautiful as the Amalfi Coast in Italy until I saw this venue. The hotel's private beach and the view of it and the pool from the balcony of our second floor room was breathtaking. I couldn't wait to dig my toes into the coarse sand and feel the warmth of the flat Mediterranean Sea. The hotel had a fantastic atmosphere, which we really enjoyed, especially on our second night there when the live Arabic music was playing in the Seafood Restaurant or similar quite close to our room. This was so refreshing to hear and enjoy after 3 nights on a Nile cruise boat where the music was western but played on pan pipes, like elevator music designed to drive you insane.

We were in a twin share room, which we found to be perfectly adequate. The beds were comfortable, the decor was tasteful, and the room was clean. As a smoker, i loved the balcony access for more reasons than the fabulous view.

The hotel staff did our laundry for us at a very reasonable price and there was an electric jug and coffee in the room, hooray! We found all the staff to be friendly and willing to please and their English en masse was certainly mire extensive than the smattering of EgyptianI we were able to learn and use in a fortnight.
We were very happy with the standard if the food, overall, and the service was lovely and prompt. Overall, we were lucky to have had this hotel booked for us in such a premier location.
The price was amazing as the view was priceless and you would pay 4 times as much to stay in similar accommodation on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, so no complaints from us. Would stay there any time if it weren't so far from home in Australia!

• Stayed: March 2013