“Day using only, I didn't stay.”

Mediterranean Azur Hotel
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Tanta, Egypt
“Day using only, I didn't stay.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've gone to this hotel invited by my brother to enjoy the day use for 2 days while he was staying in this hotel.
I didn't experience the hotel staff, service, front desk. I just had the enjoyment of their open buffet at breakfast, and using the pool, and staying most of the night there.
The open buffet was good, but noisy and crowded, working staff was busy and service wasn't very good. Pool was great except it gets crowded some times. Most of the time it is just peace and quiet.
The hotel has an inside restaurant called Min Bahari Sea Food, it is an independent restaurant from the hotel management. It is very delicious food. I might write a separate review about it.

Not much experience for this hotel except I just felt really peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

so nice location but the service is so bad specially in the front desk . I booked for my mother three nights , and I sent to them my credit card number by e mail to charge every thing on that card , my mother was so ill and she really needs to be relaxed I told them every thing about that by e mail . the first error is , more than 30 min check-in , they asked her for another credit card for the exerts even I sent my credit card number by e mail and I asked them to charge every thing on that credit card because it was my gift for my mother after her hard operation and she have not credit card ,I called them but no body pick up the phone for 10 or 15 min , I spoked with them by my mother Mobil phone , they was un helpful , I'm also spoked with the front desk manager and I told him that I send already my credit card number also for extras by e mail but he know nothing at all , I know exactly how it work I'm the night manager in Crowne Plaza Hotel ,Rome St Peter's . the front desk team was really too bad

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alihassan2013

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed 23 August 2013

this hotel is not bad as alexandria resort but they can do their best to improve service and cleaning issues, i just want to thanks every body for their good job and excelent help specialy MR. fady NAbil sales manager for his kindness and great help.thanks a lot and keep it up!!!

Room Tip: excellent view for sunset
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel has a good spot at Alexandria beach, easily accessible, nice view, easy parking

what happened to me at the 2nd day of "did elfater", I called the hotel asking for "day use" the day before, they told me "come as early as possible, better before 11 am, to have a chance to enter"
so i arrived at 10 am, filled the papers, & they told me to wait for 1 hour to pay the money ( 200 L.E for each civilian person), ( employee of ministry of interior have special prices & discount)

I waited for 1:30 h, then enjoyed the beach.

the problem that I discovered, that People like me " Day users" occupied the beach, & some hotel guests didn't find a place to sit " I witnessed at least 8 cases".. that's unfair

restaurant Prices :
too expensive for civilians ... 2 pizza + 2 coca cans for 140 L.E !!!
too slow "nearly absent" service on the beach
bad quality pizza

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahmed_Fares2013
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Mediterranean Azur hotel is located in one of the best places of the Alexandria (Stanley Bridge). My room was great. The bed was very comfortable and I did not have any problems with my room. My room was on the beach side which made the view more than great. The problems occurred as soon as I went out to the beach. I returned to the hotel at 9pm and decided to sit on the beach to have a little sense of relaxation especially that the quietness of the beach was amazing! After 5 minutes passed, the security man rudely spoke to me about leaving the beach saying that they close it after sun set! Moreover, the security man asked me to lead him back to my room to make sure that I am staying at the hotel treating me like the criminals who jump walls!! After that, the disco did not allow to enter because there was a birthday inside and only people invited can enter!! He told me to enter after 2am and I did but there was no one inside. Night life at this hotel was terrible! At the morning, I wanted to take a swim in the sea but I was surprised seeing ladies and men going in down with their full clothes on !! I even saw a boy eating chips in the water! I felt disgusted and the pool was nearly the same. I checked out that night and stayed at my uncle's house after my complete dissatisfaction. This hotel is for people who do not leave the room.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the beach side, the view is much better there.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Amr S
LA
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Although this hotel is located in a beautiful location and has private beach access, the treatment of guests by the staff and manager is shameful. I stayed in Azur with a group traveling together around Egypt. One person in the group had his ipad stolen from his room. The manager did nothing to assist us to solve the problem and took no responsibility. There was clearly lying and cover-up going on before our eyes and we could do nothing to defend ourselves. Furthermore, another member of the group got a massage in the hotel and was touched in VERY inappropriate places. This hotel is not the five stars it claims to be.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Heidi M
Cairo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

this rating is not on the basis of hotel amenities or services, it's rather the hotel management that needs serious reform. I called a day before arrival to book a day use, the front desk agent said no need to book and you just walk in and get your day use. she told me about the prices per person and checkin/out times but never mentioned that this is a beach use only not including a room! i walked in the other day and the receptionist referred me to a nearby desk dealing with day use bookings only where there were 10 different people swarming over the lady on the desk with no queue what so ever. She then realized i was waiting to get serviced and eventually she said this is beach use only per day per person but not including a room. I went back to the front desk to ask for a room to stay for this day and guess what? there was no availability....so i had to go back home with my vacation plan busted!!

bottom line they ruined my vacation plan because of the unprofessional person who answered my cal an never gave the full precise information about the day use they offer.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family