“Was nothing but perfect!”

Mediterranean Azur Hotel
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Cairo, Egypt
“Was nothing but perfect!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is my third time to this place and it was the best!
I stayed there for three days, from October the 24th to the 26th.

Checking it was smooth and fast, I went a bit late and the reservations rep called me to check my approx arrival time. I arrived at about 6 pm to find everything was ready, it took us less than 10 minutes to be in our room, which was perfect btw in terms of location, view and cleanliness. Staff, room service and house keeping were friendly and made our stay pleasant. Breakfast didn't have a lot options but items were more than enough and the quality of the food was above average except for the bread which wasn't fresh enough.

The only serious issue that bothered me was the lack of showers at the sea side or even next to the pool. We had to walk quite a distance to reach the showers at the changing room!

All in all it was awesome, I enjoyed it and my wife and kids enjoyed it even more..

Room Tip: Choose a sea front room, and preferably a higher floor.. it makes a hell of a difference :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Majoju1975

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Mediterranean Azur hotel is located directly after Stanley bridge and on the sea side and thus my stay there was a lovely one as you are enjoying the sea side view while being located at Alexandria downtown.

The rooms quality is average in terms of space and furniture.

The food quality is good and the staff at the front desk are helpful and always smiling.

You can also enjoy having coffee at View Cafe where there is no minimum charge as long as you have a valid accommodation at the hotel.

N.B:
The beverage prices at the cafe and the lobby are extremely cheap when compared to any 5 stars hotel.

Room Tip:

Try to choose a room at the first floor which starts by No1 as their balconies are located at the same level of the beach and the sea side.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank dr_Sherif80
Tanta, Egypt
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've gone to this hotel invited by my brother to enjoy the day use for 2 days while he was staying in this hotel.
I didn't experience the hotel staff, service, front desk. I just had the enjoyment of their open buffet at breakfast, and using the pool, and staying most of the night there.
The open buffet was good, but noisy and crowded, working staff was busy and service wasn't very good. Pool was great except it gets crowded some times. Most of the time it is just peace and quiet.
The hotel has an inside restaurant called Min Bahari Sea Food, it is an independent restaurant from the hotel management. It is very delicious food. I might write a separate review about it.

Not much experience for this hotel except I just felt really peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

so nice location but the service is so bad specially in the front desk . I booked for my mother three nights , and I sent to them my credit card number by e mail to charge every thing on that card , my mother was so ill and she really needs to be relaxed I told them every thing about that by e mail . the first error is , more than 30 min check-in , they asked her for another credit card for the exerts even I sent my credit card number by e mail and I asked them to charge every thing on that credit card because it was my gift for my mother after her hard operation and she have not credit card ,I called them but no body pick up the phone for 10 or 15 min , I spoked with them by my mother Mobil phone , they was un helpful , I'm also spoked with the front desk manager and I told him that I send already my credit card number also for extras by e mail but he know nothing at all , I know exactly how it work I'm the night manager in Crowne Plaza Hotel ,Rome St Peter's . the front desk team was really too bad

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alihassan2013

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed 23 August 2013

this hotel is not bad as alexandria resort but they can do their best to improve service and cleaning issues, i just want to thanks every body for their good job and excelent help specialy MR. fady NAbil sales manager for his kindness and great help.thanks a lot and keep it up!!!

Room Tip: excellent view for sunset
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel has a good spot at Alexandria beach, easily accessible, nice view, easy parking

what happened to me at the 2nd day of "did elfater", I called the hotel asking for "day use" the day before, they told me "come as early as possible, better before 11 am, to have a chance to enter"
so i arrived at 10 am, filled the papers, & they told me to wait for 1 hour to pay the money ( 200 L.E for each civilian person), ( employee of ministry of interior have special prices & discount)

I waited for 1:30 h, then enjoyed the beach.

the problem that I discovered, that People like me " Day users" occupied the beach, & some hotel guests didn't find a place to sit " I witnessed at least 8 cases".. that's unfair

restaurant Prices :
too expensive for civilians ... 2 pizza + 2 coca cans for 140 L.E !!!
too slow "nearly absent" service on the beach
bad quality pizza

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahmed_Fares2013
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Mediterranean Azur hotel is located in one of the best places of the Alexandria (Stanley Bridge). My room was great. The bed was very comfortable and I did not have any problems with my room. My room was on the beach side which made the view more than great. The problems occurred as soon as I went out to the beach. I returned to the hotel at 9pm and decided to sit on the beach to have a little sense of relaxation especially that the quietness of the beach was amazing! After 5 minutes passed, the security man rudely spoke to me about leaving the beach saying that they close it after sun set! Moreover, the security man asked me to lead him back to my room to make sure that I am staying at the hotel treating me like the criminals who jump walls!! After that, the disco did not allow to enter because there was a birthday inside and only people invited can enter!! He told me to enter after 2am and I did but there was no one inside. Night life at this hotel was terrible! At the morning, I wanted to take a swim in the sea but I was surprised seeing ladies and men going in down with their full clothes on !! I even saw a boy eating chips in the water! I felt disgusted and the pool was nearly the same. I checked out that night and stayed at my uncle's house after my complete dissatisfaction. This hotel is for people who do not leave the room.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the beach side, the view is much better there.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo