“Very average.”

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Cairo, Egypt
“Very average.”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The rooms are large,air conditioned and clean enough but dont expect great service. We stayed for 9 days and the rooms were only cleaned about 4 times. We had 4 in a room and quite regularly were given 2 towels and when asked for more were given hand towels. When we went to check out we were given the wrong bill and tried to recharge us for things already paid for so check it carefully. Service generally was very slow but eventually it happened. Just dont be in a hurry to do anything. It is better than many hotels in Egypt but not great. Try to get rooms away from the disco as it is on every night until 4-5am and you will hear the traffic (esp the beeping horns) until 1am and then it starts again early. Internet expensive. It is near the beach, Mamoura precint and opposite gates to Montaza gardens so ok area but about 30min taxi depending on traffic to Alexandria Library and Citadel etc. Will do for a bed for a few nights

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank CDMisson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Paralimni, Cyprus
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This hotel if i can name it a hotel was the worst hotel ihave ever stayed at, and I dont think there anything worst than this place. Dirty all over the place, communication with staff was terrible, 24 hours loud eastern music, not a safe area. Please stay away from this place believe me.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marilenacy

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

alex
Reviewed 28 May 2010

i stayed for relaxation for a couple of days and THAT'S ENOUGH no more than 2 days
nice ,big rooms .but late service...at first i had a room near the disco without any view no terrace nothing i insisted to be changed & i got a better one with a side view of montaza
not bad breakfast with small variety .most of the facilities written are not available my 4 year-old daughter felt a little bored with nothing to do for her age ....the best thing it is located in the middle of a variety of restaurants ' kadoure..housni..tarboush.....u can choose the best for ur taste

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank meshmesha
US
Reviewed 13 May 2010

We didn't have a choice in this hotel, as it was booked as part of our tour. I highly recommend no one staying here by choice. The rooms' air conditioning was only turned on when your key card was in. Meaning, the rooms sat with humidity all the times no one was in the room. Because of this, our room stunk really badly and no amount of airing it out with the patio helped. We eventually went next door to the market and bought Oust air spray which helped a lot. We also took the key card off our key to leave the a/c on full blast while we were gone. This helped to dry out the bedding and help with the mold/mildew smell. The rooms were huge, but set up poorly. For those that like to watch bbc in bed, it's impossible with the way its set up. We had to pull the tv and stand half way out into the room to view it from the beds.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelGeek23
Reviewed 12 April 2010

It was by far my worst serviced hotel. My bags were not delivered after half an hour. I had to go back to lobby to collect the bags myself. As I need to leave for Cairo early the next day, the packed breakfast requested a day earlier never came.

However said, the room is clean and gigantically huge with a luggage-wardrobe area, lounge area for four and cosy bed. And it is closed to Montazah Garden and next to a local supermarket for fixed price shopping, which I enjoyed.

Overall, if you do not mind the superly low service from its staff at this hotel price, this is a hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Syeen
Khartoum
Reviewed 19 February 2010

the hotel is not clean , especialy the reception and enterance. I hear at early morning and all day loud voice of workers in the hotel. Room is not cofortable at all. Lifts are very poor.. in conclusion it is a very bad hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank sudantraveler
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Someone booked this crap for me for 3 nights. The first room I got was smelling like there is a dead body inside. They changed the room after I insisted for half an hour. The next room also smelled bad, but I had to spend the night there. I could not sleep up to 4am as the room was above their night club, and walls are thin enough to make you feel like you are sitting next to the speakers. I asked for a new room, which was next to the railway, any every 5 minutes there is a train passing. I wanted to check out but they asked for the 3 days payment. Later, they asked for one additional day, and at last 20 US additional. I refused to pay any additional money, only the night I stayed, which I prepaid. But the security of the hotel did not let me go! I managed to escape at last and found my self a decent hotel for the rest of my stay in town.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo