“Convenient for a Business Stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Austria
“Convenient for a Business Stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Being in Alexandria in the Industrial Area it is a convenient Hotel. But you definitely need a car! The rooms are very spacious and the Bathrooms as well. Service at Reception is good. The breakfast buffet has a good choice and a pretty good presentation.
Normally the Hotel is not too crowded, except in summer time.
I can not imagine to spend there any free time or a Holiday.
Going to Alexandria for business it is absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mr. Abu Sultan ,

Thank you so much for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay @ Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria .

Your comments about the rooms , the service as well as the Buffet varieties are highly appreciated , and as guest satisfaction is placed on the top of our priorities , kindly note that we promise to remain our quality of performance as you always expect us to be .

Looking forward to welcoming you again ,

Till then i remain with my kind regards .

Dalia Amer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
suez
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My recommendation for everybody to reserve a room to the pool side .. great view and nice furniture. Sohour meal wasalso.nice taste the hotel in general is a modern style hotel and you feel familier inside it.

• Stayed July 2014
Magdy H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Mr. Ayman ,

Thank you so much for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria , Also for having taken that much time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our rooms as well as the food .
its an honor for us to be recommended by your kind self for others .

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon ,

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have to start by saying we did enjoy our stay on the most part, food was nice, rooms was good, and I was getting out with a positive feeling until 2 days after I left (stayed between 13-16 July 2014) when I got a call that there was another mistake (2nd time) with my check out the lady (named Fatima) didn't added some extra charges, though I was called before from my car just while leaving that they missed some extra charges (then 1st mistake ) & which I accepted then & I paid willingly as I mentioned they were polite & me & family liked the stay thinking to forget the negative aspects, so now Mr Islam said they will charge for another 600 LE, which when I discussed I found that during checking in he mentioned a lower rate, to be short at the end I did pay a 3rd time for that same stay, but adding that we were prevented from using the Gym due to their regulations & the fly my wife found in the fruit salad, I am sorry to say I won't
recommend especially for families with kids, though they were one of the most hospitable staff in the hotels I stayed in, only if they knew how to count & charge the correct amount for their clients.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mr. Mina ,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the hotel .

On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that have been encountered during your stay , i shared your review with the department head favor their concerned comments .

And i know that our Front Office Manager has contacted your kind self , hoping you are satisfied so far . And i promise you that this will not happen again .

I hope to have another chance of hosting you , so please just let me know , as I will be honored to welcome you .

Till then i remain with kind regards ,

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had read the mixed reviews on Trip advisor before I stayed in this hotel, I have to say that some of the not so good ones were true.
On my arrival the check in process was very good and easy, whilst walking up to the room I noticed that the carpets had quite a lot of rubbish on them which wasn't great to see. On entering my room I was very happy with the size of the room (it was huge) and the aspect looking over the pool.
However I have to agree with some of the previous comments regarding cleanliness. The Bath had not been cleaned and there was a film of grease/oil around it, the shower was the same, the room floor had someone's very long black hairs in several clumps around the room and every surface had a thick layer of dust.
This is not the end though, as unlike some I made contact with a member of staff who arranged for a cleaner to come to my room within 10 minutes, the guy was very pleasant and after showing him what the issues were he set to and completely cleaned the room to my satisfaction.
I should also point out that on a morning I also did see the cleaners hard at work in the corridors with a vacuum cleaner, the debris from the previous day was obviously left by the guests each day.
I should also point out that as there is a nearby quarry and a building site that there is a slight accumulation of dust each day.

For the rest of the hotel, the pool was very good as was the service there for drinks and snacks. The buffet was good for breakfast, not so great (but adequate) for an evening meal. but the Italian restaurant on the first floor was excellent! Both the food and the service was very good and it is well worth a visit.

All in all after the initial cleanliness issue it was a good stay and I will be using the hotel again when I am back in Alexandria in August.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view as the opposite side faces the inside of the hotel or an industrial aspect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark C
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Mr. Mark ,
Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at the hotel.

I humbly extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that have been encountered during your stay , and although i have noticed that it turned out well in the end , please rest assured that all your comments has been taken care of professionally and it will not happen again .

I will look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Alexandria in august .

Essex
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Ideal hotel for a business trip where you don't have the time to see the sights. Very clean rooms, great food at a great price and they have some very good entertainment for the evenings.

The staff were extremely helpful, especially with troublesome taxi drivers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Alistair ,

Aqaba, Jordan, Middle East
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed for five days in alexandria and i choosed this hotel because it is away from the noisy city. Breakfast has a lot of food varities which is very tasty too. My room was facing the swimming pool (amazing view) i recommend the hotel to everybody needs relaxed vacations

• Stayed June 2014
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Mr. Olmn ,

Thank you so much for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria .

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the quite and relaxing location of the hotel , as well as the rooms and the food varieties .

its an honor for us to be recommended by your kind self for others .

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon ,

Dalia Amer .
cairo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It is situated away from the sea at the North Coast, more suited for weekend visitors and business travelers. 45 minutes away from Alexandria. Rooms r spacious and well equipped, so is the bathroom, has few restaurants. You need to have a car with you to move around in the area, as it is in a bit secluded place. Breakfast not bad but inconsistent. Decoration and hotel style is pharaonic and a bit modern. Room service Food is not bad at all and prices average.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Jessyka ,
Thank you so much for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria .

Glad to know that you have enjoyed the room , breakfast and the decorations , Promising to do our best to keep our image as you always expect us to be .

Looking forward to welcoming you again ,