“Excellent Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Rooms are very very spacious & same is the bathroom with both bath & shower. The breakfast is great & lots of variety. They need to provide beach to spend good time in the sea. The staff are always smiley with willing to provide their best to help & care. Late check-out was offered. Very nice Kids playing area beside the pool. Also small kids activity was available in kids club.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Mr. Mohab ,
Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria , Also for taking time to review your experience on TripAdvisor .

I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay in the spacious rooms , the breakfast varieties while your kids are having fun in the kids club and play ground .
your comments are highly appreciated , regarding the beach please contact the hotel upon your next visit , as meanwhile we are arranging to have a private beach for our guest , so we will be glad to provide you by the full information .

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon ,

Best regards ,

Dalia amer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Been there several times. First was in 2009, my impression at that time was great. However as time moved on the hotel is declining badly.
Cleanliness is average and one room I checked in on the second floor below average. Dirty and stained couch.
During my last stay, I requested to change my room to move away from wedding, however first room offered was full of smoke smell although nonsmoking room. No ventilation was done to room.
Breakfast buffet variety is good, quality is average.
Rooms size are amazingly big.
Location for business is very good as it is close to port , Borg Arab, industrial area.
As for pleasure, you might need to reconsider specially with the lack of beach for the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Mr. Fatherofiron,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Hotel.

I have noted your disappointment with regards to your experience of the noise occurred due to the wedding which took place at the hotel garden during your stay, also your comment regarding the room cleanliness .

I do appreciate your comments , and as guest satisfaction is our main priority , I will ensure sharing these comments with the concerned department head to avoid these incidents from happening again in the future .

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon .

Till then i remain with my kind regards ,

Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is clean, the personnel is quite friendly. I stayed in the buisiness class room, which had a direct access on the 3rd floor pool. A very nice spot. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast is delicious and has a wide variety. Never the less, the staff seemed very surprised by the number of clients, and often very basic stuff was missing (e.g. plates, glasses, water...).
The ground floor pool can be a bit cleaner, and the Jacuzzi was not working.
The buisiness lounge, is not really a buisiness one, but can just help you when you have a hypoglycemia crisis, otherwise it is not worth the money spent.
The bad surprise came in the first night at 8 P.M., when a noisy wedding in the garden, just in front of my balcony began, and ended at 00.45, although I was promised by the reception that it will never go beyond 00.00. If you are not a noisy-wedding-fan, just check that there will be no weddings during your stay, or take a room far from the garden.

Room Tip: The lake view rooms are very nice. In case there will be a wedding in the garden during your stay, b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mr. Aly ,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria during your recent visit , also for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor .

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the staying in our spacious rooms , also the hotel cleanliness and the staff attitude as well .

however i am disappointed to know that you couldn't have a real relaxing stay , as you may have stayed in a room that was close to the wedding venue ,however if you had let us know there & then, we would have taken the convenient action and moved you with pleasure to another room .
Also please rest assured that we value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team for their review and to make any necessary changes

It will be an honor for me to welcome you upon your next visit to Alexandria ,

Till then i remain with kind regards ,

Dalia Amer ,
Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Being in Alexandria in the Industrial Area it is a convenient Hotel. But you definitely need a car! The rooms are very spacious and the Bathrooms as well. Service at Reception is good. The breakfast buffet has a good choice and a pretty good presentation.
Normally the Hotel is not too crowded, except in summer time.
I can not imagine to spend there any free time or a Holiday.
Going to Alexandria for business it is absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Abu Sultan ,

Thank you so much for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay @ Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria .

Your comments about the rooms , the service as well as the Buffet varieties are highly appreciated , and as guest satisfaction is placed on the top of our priorities , kindly note that we promise to remain our quality of performance as you always expect us to be .

Looking forward to welcoming you again ,

Till then i remain with my kind regards .

Best Regards ,

suez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My recommendation for everybody to reserve a room to the pool side .. great view and nice furniture. Sohour meal wasalso.nice taste the hotel in general is a modern style hotel and you feel familier inside it.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Magdy H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Mr. Ayman ,

Thank you so much for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel,Alexandria , Also for having taken that much time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our rooms as well as the food .
its an honor for us to be recommended by your kind self for others .

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon ,

Best Regards ,

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have to start by saying we did enjoy our stay on the most part, food was nice, rooms was good, and I was getting out with a positive feeling until 2 days after I left (stayed between 13-16 July 2014) when I got a call that there was another mistake (2nd time) with my check out the lady (named Fatima) didn't added some extra charges, though I was called before from my car just while leaving that they missed some extra charges (then 1st mistake ) & which I accepted then & I paid willingly as I mentioned they were polite & me & family liked the stay thinking to forget the negative aspects, so now Mr Islam said they will charge for another 600 LE, which when I discussed I found that during checking in he mentioned a lower rate, to be short at the end I did pay a 3rd time for that same stay, but adding that we were prevented from using the Gym due to their regulations & the fly my wife found in the fruit salad, I am sorry to say I won't
recommend especially for families with kids, though they were one of the most hospitable staff in the hotels I stayed in, only if they knew how to count & charge the correct amount for their clients.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mr. Mina ,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the hotel .

On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that have been encountered during your stay , i shared your review with the department head favor their concerned comments .

And i know that our Front Office Manager has contacted your kind self , hoping you are satisfied so far . And i promise you that this will not happen again .

I hope to have another chance of hosting you , so please just let me know , as I will be honored to welcome you .

Till then i remain with kind regards ,

Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had read the mixed reviews on Trip advisor before I stayed in this hotel, I have to say that some of the not so good ones were true.
On my arrival the check in process was very good and easy, whilst walking up to the room I noticed that the carpets had quite a lot of rubbish on them which wasn't great to see. On entering my room I was very happy with the size of the room (it was huge) and the aspect looking over the pool.
However I have to agree with some of the previous comments regarding cleanliness. The Bath had not been cleaned and there was a film of grease/oil around it, the shower was the same, the room floor had someone's very long black hairs in several clumps around the room and every surface had a thick layer of dust.
This is not the end though, as unlike some I made contact with a member of staff who arranged for a cleaner to come to my room within 10 minutes, the guy was very pleasant and after showing him what the issues were he set to and completely cleaned the room to my satisfaction.
I should also point out that on a morning I also did see the cleaners hard at work in the corridors with a vacuum cleaner, the debris from the previous day was obviously left by the guests each day.
I should also point out that as there is a nearby quarry and a building site that there is a slight accumulation of dust each day.

For the rest of the hotel, the pool was very good as was the service there for drinks and snacks. The buffet was good for breakfast, not so great (but adequate) for an evening meal. but the Italian restaurant on the first floor was excellent! Both the food and the service was very good and it is well worth a visit.

All in all after the initial cleanliness issue it was a good stay and I will be using the hotel again when I am back in Alexandria in August.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view as the opposite side faces the inside of the hotel or an industrial aspect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark C
Radisson_Managment, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Alexandria, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Mr. Mark ,
Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at the hotel.

I humbly extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that have been encountered during your stay , and although i have noticed that it turned out well in the end , please rest assured that all your comments has been taken care of professionally and it will not happen again .

I will look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Alexandria in august .