Alexandria Mediterranean Suites
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Hotel owner charged full price for 4 nights up front plus a booking fee. On questioning, he claimed this was normal despite bookings.com saying no booking fees. So i raised it with bookings.com who made him refund the booking fee and they said that charging 4 nights up front was also incorrect. Hotel may only charge first night as deposit, rest on check in. Bookings.com Forced him to refund 3 nights. He then claimed a simple mistake was made. Yeh, right. I have the email which initially defends the overcharging. No mistake was made.

I cancelled my booking due to these questionable dealings. Lost $$$ on it but I'm not going to stay in a hotel that pulls this sort of stunt. A disappointing outcome from a hotel that otherwise has reasonable reviews.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Dan T

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I booked in this hotel (appartments) as the location and reviews were nice in addition it contain a ketchen which I usually need during my travel. The location is nice and nearby all required facilites. If you are looking for five star hotel facilites like gem and swimming pool this is not the place. Hotel staff are sperub especially Mr. Rafat as they are always there to help you.
Only drawback which I think the hotel should resolve as it is not directly related to the hotel is the power tripping during my stay. The goverment is cutting off the powe three times aday due to uigh losd but the hotel should have abackup generator.

Room Tip: High floor sea view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Yaser A
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel is not good
- old rooms
- street is narrow
- poor furniture
- lousy bathrooms.
-far away from the beach.
-Be warned that the beaches are generally not free and you will need to pay to access.

Room Tip: Terrible.Not recommended
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank karen b
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Mr.Raafat : Man Friday!
Ms Ameera : Great Host
Breakfast: Good, but rather monotonous if you stay long!
Rooms: Superb
Service: Exemplary
Only drawback is the location that is too far away but string of cafes/restaurants abound nearby
The price could be cheaper and a Restaurant/coffee shop would be good

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank NBS_Mumbai
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed here as was on business last minute. Though I booked a one bedroom I was allocated a 3 bedroom apartment. It was huge! What one has to realise is this isn't a hotel and your expectations must adjust to this. This is an apartment complex and in Egyptian standards it is pretty good. The apartment was clean with basic tv and fridge freezer and cooker. None of the items were fancy or very high quality, but all were working and decent standard. But if you don't come and expect 4-5 star hotel standard then you will be more than happy.

The staff here are very friendly and speaks good English and will do the extra mile to make your stay comfortable.

Positive:

Mr Raafat and his staff was very friendly and did almost everything they could to please the guests.

Provided me free breakfast each day even though the booking I made said room only.

Breakfast was of good standard, though not much variation.

Many shops for grocery shopping or to eat out.

Very clean!

Negatives:

The location is quite good if you want to go to the beach but pretty far from the city centre. Though you can take the many minibuses to city centre (20-40 min pending on traffic) costing 1.25 LE or taxi (20-25LE).

No wifi in the rooms, only wired Internet which means having an iPad is useless. Wifi is available downstairs in the lobby.

Other:

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Kungfusu
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Alexandria Mediterranean Suites is simply a home , Really that's what I felt from the first moment when I booked there for my Honeymoon .
1) All Hotel staff are more than excellent , we were treated like a family .
2) I was a previous guest in very good 5-star hotels such as , Sheraton , Iberotel and pyramids park but really Mediterranean Suites was the most comfortable place ever for us .
3) Very good location , so near from Sea , Shops , Restaurants , Cafes & Super Markets .
4) Really the best services you can get , I felt as if we're the only guests , they are so helpful and cared much for us & our comfort , Breakfast was served in our suit ( very tasty , delicious, hot and rich ) .
5 ) So clean and comfortable designs & decors .
6 ) Very reasonably price & we were upgraded from room to suit , every thing is great,worth every penny,beautiful sea view , really excellent choice for honey mooners.

Lots of Thanks to Mr.Raafat who I was honored to meet a great person like him , so friendly , kind , polite , respectable & helpful , he did everything to make my stay more than comfortable 

Lots of Thanks to Mrs.Amira who gifted us a beautiful suit 

And Thanks to all of hotel staff for their great efforts , keep that always .

I enjoyed so much there and decided to visit them at least once a year even if not as a guest just to thank them for making my honeymoon great 

I recommended this hotel to all of my family , friends and everyone whatever families or group of friends or couples or even a solo traveller

Eng.Mohamed Farid

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
21  Thank MohamedFarid
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Mediterranean Suites was wonderful. It was very clean and cleaned every day. It was across the street from the beach. It was very roomy and comfortable. The staff and manager were fantastic. Gave perfect directions and cost saving advice for the solo traveler. I was treated like family. Breakfast was included in the price and I would recommend it for anyone, family or single traveler. It was very safe and there were good resturants. I enjoyed my stay very, very much and plan to go back.

Room Tip: Mediterranean Suites was wonderful. It was very clean and cleaned every day. It was across the stree...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family