“Excellent service and view”

Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Egypt
“Excellent service and view”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel total of 4 nights. I can say I was impress cleanness and the comfort of this hotel. With international standards, I can say it was very well designed and yet satisfies all your basic needs with excellent quality.

Location was delightful. 1 minute walking to the sea, center on the street full of shops and restaurants is something you would like to do with pleasure.

Hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful to us especially for assigning us our room. without reservation and advance notice, they found us the last available room which was reserved for smoking but we could not believe that it was smoked in that room before.

I can say I recommend this hotel anytime to everyone with or without children.

Room Tip: Try to reserve front view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Mr. Youssef,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alexandria Romance. It is always a pleasure to know that your experienve did meet your expectations.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to see you once again in the near future.

Mohamed ELIAN - Hotel's General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate your kind hospitality as I am a frequent customer on weekly basis for both business and pleasure. furthermore I would like to extend my gratitude to all hotel departments for their outstanding services. Looking forward on seeing you in the near future and wish you the best of luck and all challenges ahead. Special thanks for Mr. Ahmed El Wakil, Samer, Michel, Marian, Haytham, Hanaa, Mohamed Abd Allah, Mostafa & Tamer and the guys how are responsible for serving the meals Amr, Yousry and hany and all the billman Abdo, Sameh, Essam & Hashem .

The service was excellent, food was delicious and I enjoyed the warm staff feelings in their treatment for my family and myself.

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

On behalf of the hotel's team, I've to thank you very much for your decent message.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Alexandria Romance. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Mercure hotel, Alexandria, the hotel is perfectlyl located in the middle of everywhere the rooms, though narrow, have a spectacular sea view and have all the necessary. The service is great the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a nice stay and it is to be repeated.

Room Tip: Higher floors are definitely better in terms of less street noise and better view 10th floor and abo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Mrs. Mervat,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alexandria Romance. It is always a pleasure to know that your experience did meet your expectations.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefor your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportuninty to welcome you once again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed in Mercure for a short term 3 days vacation, the stay was pleasant.
the staff was friendly, room was quite, the atmosphere is general was great.

regular follow-ups to make sure the stay is comfortable.

I'll revisit Mercure hotel next visit, and will definitely recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Sea view room is amazing overlooking the Mediterranean.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Karim,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I enjoyed the first three nights at the Mercure.
The service is good and the staff polite service staff, reception and cleaning up the security personnel and the level of hygiene less than expected, especially in the cleanliness of the bathroom.
Food in good form and delicious and average prices compared to the product submitted very reasonable.
But which bothered me is what happened in last night when I came back in the middle of the night to the hotel was surprised there was a brown water came from the tap at bathroom hurried to inform the reception and then went to the restaurant to eat my last meal before I leave and then came to me young white man told me that he is the Director and to deal the issue with a very provocative way , and said to me: Are you sure? As if I were crazy or blind.
he even didn't apologize .
that guy makes me very angry for more than 2 hours.
but I like that hotel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Mr. Gallagher Kimball,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

It is with deep regret that we knew that you were dissatisfied during your stay in Mercure Alexandria Romance.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences encountered during your stay in our hotel, mostly the performance of the hotel's night manager in handling the incident of the bathroom water, which we took action at once.

Thank you for your concern and your help to ameliorate our service by your valuable comments and assure you our interest, care and hospitality at all times.

We are expecting your next visit soon in order to prove you in a practical way all the changing occured after your positive comments.

Once again, thank you very much and best regards,

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed in Mercure Romance Alexandria for one night, the view and the location of the hotel are spectacular, the staff are very friendly. The rooms is clean, a bit small but convenient. I had a pleasant stay at the hotel. some of the hotel amenities like the parking need to refurbished.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that it will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kindly to infom you that your remark was noted and in fact our car park is under maintenance for the time being and soon will be completed.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Aswan, Egypt
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have tried mercure more once , rooms have nice sea view and very good and suitable location but i see that it narrow and there is no medical service like existing of doctor i hope you be the best in this field and always in progress but for the most over all i like mercure very much .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Mahmoud,

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service exerience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please rest assured that we received your comment regarding the availability of a doctor in house and we'll work on it.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is our hope to always serve you during your stays in our hotel.