“One of the best hotels in Alexandria”

Romance Alexandria Corniche
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Egypt
“One of the best hotels in Alexandria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Since 8years I visited Alexandria twice a year and stayed in Mercure and I really would like to thank every body there from the caption till the general manager they really have very nice rooms with the most beautiful view to the sea , very clean room well equipped , LCD Internet service all room facilities needed.
Concerning the food and beverages department sometimes I was tired and I could not go to the restaurant I ordered the breakfast in the room and the room service brought a very nice breakfast inside the room.
Also I have to mention that reception staff are very friendly
Last year I visited the hotel with one of my best friends the famous actress
And she was very satisfied
Finally I would like to thank mr.mohamed Elian the general manager ,mr. Ali Othman the front office manager , ms, Hana kamal the guest relations manager and all the hotel team

Room Tip: I have to mention that suite 501 is very nice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche, responded to this review, 5 December 2013

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

We very much appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Mohamed ELIAN - Hotel's General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Room with a great direct sea view. Room is small but got all what i needed and comfortable. Resturant offered a wide selection with a good quality food. Front desk were prompt and friendly. Need valet parking. Would love to go back again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank magdihusseinbarakat
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche, responded to this review, 4 December 2013

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
One of the baddest hotels I visit before you can't imagine how the hotel is dirty and all the hotel need to wash and repainting ....it's really dirty.
I hate it and will never visit it and i will tell all my friends about it.
It was one of the shot vacation in Alexandria.
The hotel without any facilities available , even the band wasn't work since more that one year .
But the breakfast was good. the rooms are very small and very noisy.
moreover people on the hotel entrance or gate (staff+security+Police+bell man) :):):) are helpful they can arranging a taxi with good confirmed rate..they were good
The is many rust in the towels holder
Only the breakfast and the view are the good things for the money we paid

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ola e
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

First of all I am really disastrous to just knew that is one of Accor hotels, the chain which have hotels like sofitel Arc de Triompe in paris and sofitel Jumeirah in dubai isn't the company who owned that ridicules hotel.
Secondly I totally shocked to the hotel rank on TripAdvisor web site, you must send inspectors to the hotels to check if it really hotels or any thing else also to check as per any reasons that hotel was ranked as 4 stars.
The rooms were so bad, there is no maintenance in the rooms or the walls in the hotel there is many clefts in the walls in rooms or corridors.
Where is the supervising in that hotel? Where are the managers? Where is your conscience? And we asked to improve the tourism in our country!!!
I put some pictures from my room and my friend's room to see the hotel in fact

Room Tip: There is no good room at that hotel
2 Thank Alaa_2020
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dear all,

I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate your kind hospitality as I am a frequent customer on weekly basis for both business and pleasure. furthermore I would like to extend my gratitude to all hotel departments for their outstanding services. Looking forward on seeing you in the near future and wish you the best of luck and all challenges ahead. Special thanks for Mr. Ahmed El Wakil , Hanaa kamel , Michel fayek , Samer rowshdy , ayah waheed , heba mahmoud and the guys how are responsible for serving the meals Amr abo elalla , Yousry and hany and all the billman Abdo, Sameh, Essam & Hashem .

The service was excellent, food was delicious and I enjoyed the warm staff feelings in their treatment for my family and myself.

I enjoy my stay with your hotel because it feels like home .

Room Tip: i preffer room 610 and 510
1 Thank AhmedToam
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche, responded to this review, 25 November 2013

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I just returned from 2 night stay at the Mercure Romance Alexandria-Egypt, I stayed in a regular room, with sea view. From the minute I stepped thru the doors I was greeted as friends even though I had never met. I had very nice view on Mediterranean Sea watching the sunset one night, the atmosphere was one big happy family. I had morning breakfast in the resturant ground floor. The service was amazing. There was a nice music playing while I ate. I cannot say enough about the service you receive at the Mercure. They make you feel so special. By chance I arrived on my birthday, they sent me a nice cake as gift from the hotel for birthday celebration. it was very nice feelings from the hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche, responded to this review, 23 November 2013

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Mercure Romance Alexandria is one
of the finest hotels in alexandria
its location is very close to all the interesting spots in Alexandria and it is located over the sea
its rooms are very relaxing and comforting
the restaurant has a lot of food varieties
the hotel just needs a swimming pool

Room Tip: the room with sea view is better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche, responded to this review, 17 November 2013