“Big thanks”

Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel very nice windows view and people who working in this hotel was so so so kindly especially recipient . and I would like to thank Mr . AMR ABU ELELLA for his efforts and for his helping to us. Thanks so much for this ( Mercure romance Alexandria ).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nader F
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice hotel in Alexandria whilst on business. Good location, good food but a little dated and needs upgrading, particularly the bar and other public areass. Wifi only available in lobby.

Nice views from my hotel window of the Mediterrean and close to all the sightseeing landmarks in Alex.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank scotref2004
Mohamed E, General Manager at Romance Alexandria Corniche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

We very much appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Meanwhile, please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences encountered during your stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed on Mercure for 2 nights in April.
1- I asked for one King sized bed, but when I got my room it was two twin beds!. I called the receptionist and he promised to find me another room with no response!. Then after another call, they told me that they're sorry but they have no available rooms! but they'll send someone to combine the two beds and again nothing happened!. However, I didn't want to ruin my stay so I didn't respond to such a very bad behavior.

2- On my next day in the morning, I found a ladybug on the wall. I called the receptionist and they sent someone to re-clean the room! (as they claimed). but when I'm back at the evening I found more bugs (on the curtains, on beds, walls and on the floor). I called the receptionist and he answered with a very impolite way saying :" I'll let the manager of the guest reation call you in the morning but I have nothing to do now!!!!!. When I insisted to change my room, they moved me to another twin-room (smaller, worse and with no view although my original one had a sea view!!) and after 3 hours!!!. I kept on moving from the reception to the rooms from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. !! and finally I had this awful room!. I decided to forget about every thing and spend my last night and move from this poor hotel in the morning. The mos SURPRISING reaction in the morning was a call from the reception at 10 a.m. reminding me with the check out time !! WHAT an apology!!!!. from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. I had 4 similar calls althoigh they weren't fully booked !! with no single sorry!. when I checked out I found the guest relation manager with a very rude man claiming that he's the reception manager saying "we know what happened and we're Sorry but you have to leave at the check out time".

Really I do not recommend staying at this poor place for any one. and for my self I will never ever stay in any Mercure hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank AymanAdel

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

First of all very sorry for the delay in answering to kind message..Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alexandria Romance. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is very clean in general. the houskeeping staff are very helpul and very good, the rooms are very narrow but it has a wonderful sprit and a very nice view and location, we like it very much.
the bellmen need more training. the street on the back hotel needs to be more clean by the hotel because it's an approch for the hotel.
the front desk and restaurant staff should be developed to be more helpful.
Ms. Heba 9 the administration supervisor was very very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Mohamed Y

Reviewed 6 August 2014

this hotel very nice location in the middle in alex nearby every where you want to go
cafe, gardens, montazah, etc very amazing sea view over looking the Mediterranean Sea
the hotel is very quit rooms are very clean i am arranging a small meeting and satisfied concerning the arrangement of the meeting
special thanks for mr ahmed el wakil and mrs hanaa kamal for the nice hospitality
islam nashaat

Room Tip: i prefer room type 505
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eslam N

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I don't know how this hotel got 4 points on TripAdvisor rate!!!
Maybe this is the time number 7 or 8 to stay in the hotel during my life, but the last one was really a bad experience:
- Check in, more than 35 minutes, they lost the reservation mail, and then they found it
- The room was really not clean enough and the walls was spotted
- The breakfast was really poor, plus the welcoming of the people was not appreciated at all
- Almost no services
- The noise came from the aircondition shows that there is no maintenance

The only benefit of this hotel is the location in the middle of the city and a great sea-view

Room Tip: Select the 6th or 11th floor, it's the only non-smoothing floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Samer A

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

First of all very sorry for the delay in answering to your kind message..Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alexandria Romance. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Depends on what are your intentions from the stay. Hotel is clean, tidy directly on the kornish and has the sea view, no private beach, no pool. But hotel has a very strategic location a walk away from Stanley bridge and 10 minutes by car to either Raml station or Montazah palace, public transportation availble just out of hotel door. Paid private parking which is an advantage specialy in this area, parking attendant was very nice to change me a flat tyre which he offered to do without me asking. Nice cafes and restaurants nearby. Rooms are clean and tidy but small, I think sea view room is around 25m. Queen beds are small. Yet it was a pleasant stay and nothing so much trouble, all front desk staff eager to help with a smile and are professional. Food is good. Consider it a practical and clean station for movement to anywhere in Alexandria and it will work with you and will gives you the escense of the city. Very good for business stay but if you planning sun and fun go elsewhere. I would come again and recommend it to friends according to their needs..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family