“Too Old , Maintain it first”

Sheraton Montazah Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The well known Sheraton has nothing to do with this hotel. Furniture is too old , doors some times do not close , Bed Matrix is in Bad condition.

If the above is OK , then we'll be glad that Food is good and Security too
For Safety in the pool and Beach side , you'll need to sign a paper that you and your kinds are swimming under your own responsibility !!

Wi Fi looks like a new invention , They ask you to go to Business Center to check your mail

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Montazah00438, General Manager at Sheraton Montazah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Mr. Khaled,
Many thanks for recently staying with us whilst visiting Alexandria and also for having taken the time to share your feedback on trip advisor.

I am disappointed to learn that we could not live up to your expectations during your recent stay with us.

On the other hand, kindly note that our hotel’s owning company is planning for full hotel renovation in 2015.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments and for your understanding and please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you and we do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you are lucky you get a sea or palace view ..The rooms are relatively small and so is the bathroom.Crossing the road to the beach is assisted by a hotel personal otherwise dangerous.The swimming pool area is relatively small and so is the lobby.At the front desk personal were cheerful and special thanks to Ahmed Salem who was helpful and cooperative.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Montazah00438, General Manager at Sheraton Montazah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Ms. Mona,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your comments noted concerning our hotel, assuring you that every single comment has been conveyed to the concerned personnel and to our Management team as well.

Once again thank you, hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My first visit to Sheraton Al Montazah was September 1990, Location is prime and reputation is well I was totally satisfied. This visit I have taken junior suite with sea view. In general my stay was good but …..
Hotel needs a lot of maintenance. Furniture is old and bale, I have realized cracks in Balcony parapet even I was going to fall down while entering balcony because of the raised entrance (threshold) that was really dangerous.
Tea water heater was useless having a short cable and cannot reach power supply. I used to ask tea from restaurant.
Reception staffs were very friendly and professional.
Cleanliness is an issue! A very big issue. Room service was the worst I have ever seen. I used to find dirty cups and dishes in my suite after cleaning. Tables inside breakfast restaurant Coquillage were not clean and there was a storage area inside restaurant.
I went to swim at sea, it is Sheraton private beach, but found sea water full of plastic bags you will find clean water only if you go deep.
Moreover I Was not able to watch FIFA world cup matches inside my suite, I was supposed to go to Café beach or Caesar's Inn for this purpose. I could not understand or accept this.
View from room was great, but room is not sound proof. Lot of noise, you can hear vehicles and people voices.
At Business Centre, the given printer was not working flashing ink is empty. IT staff printed my documents using another printer.
Finally I would say that the place is good but it is not a five star.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherif F

Dear Mr. Sherief,
Many thanks for staying at the Sheraton Montazah Hotel while visiting Alexandria and also for having taken the time to share your constructive feedback on trip advisor.

I do regret to learn that we could not live up to your expectations during your stay. On the other hand, I trust you will accept that the trouble you experienced is certainly not reflective of our normal standards, assuring you that all points raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken on the spot in order to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us only on the basis of this particular experience.

In that respect, I would very much appreciate if you contact us via email (alexandria.smontazah@sheraton.com) in order to discuss more details - if possible.

Once again thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Sheraton Montazah Hotel in the future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and it was a total nightmare.
Since it's a five star luxurious hotel chain you'd expect the very best just like in any other Sheraton around the world but as we've been told it's no longer under American management but EGYPTIAN, so that says it all about their standards.

First of all, let me start with the only positive I could find in this hotel: the view on the Mediterrean.
But that's it. Oh, and lots of noise coming from the traffic since it's on the main street.

There are many cons:
1. Management at the lobby were disorganized and not very nice towards us.
In fact, we were locked outside our room because of a problem with the door and it took them 30 mins to come and see what the problem was. Another hour to repair the door and let us finally go to our overpriced room.

2. Rooms are really small and dirty with old furniture.
As you can see in the pictures the lampshade was stained, there was a fork and a knife on the floor when we first opened the room and it remained there until our departure!
The floor was dirty in the corners and dust dirt as well.
The bathroom is tiny and the shower curtain was green at the bottom. (I highly suspect it's mold.)

3. The lobby is very crowded and noisy with lots of families storming out of nowhere.

4. The breakfast is poor and it lacked in international choice, it's more Egyptian-oriented.
And I found a bug on the fruit, we immediately told the waiter, of course, he apologized and changed it with a "fresh and clean" one instead ...but I was no longer hungry!

5. THE WIFI IS NOT FREE. (AND EXPENSIVE!) I travel a lot and there has always been free wifi in hotels but if they want to be mediocre at best, they are doing it the right way.

Overall, the hotel is in need of a RADICAL RENOVATION, from the outside it seems just like another anonymous and depressed Alexandrine skyscraper... the inside doesn't get any better.

I would rate it a TWO STAR HOTEL to be honest... and an EXPENSIVE ONE TOO!

Room Tip: Don't come here. EVER.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LeVoyageurChic
Montazah00438, General Manager at Sheraton Montazah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Once again thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Sheraton Montazah Hotel in the future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

this hotel is very good and example of luxurious hotels as the rooms are very prestgious and clean also the location is good although it is to some exent away from city center , you will enjoy the sight of AL Monntazah palace from the window

Room Tip: choose rooms in the upper floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Montazah00438, General Manager at Sheraton Montazah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sameh,

Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Montazah Hotel for your estemeed stay in Alexandria and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us.

It was really our pleasure hosting you too.

Once again thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon at Your Sheraton Montazah Hotel.

Cordially Yours,

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

It's my 1st time to reserve in Alexandria (always in redsea resorts),I like long beach with water activities (snorkeling,diving...)and gardens. Aldex is different but popular .Sheraton is great hotel having very nice place and private beach (without activity) and beach cafe. Rooms are clean wellequiped but small and old fashioned. Staff are helpful and smiley .foods are delicious and healthy but unchangeable menu .generally it's great hotel but needs some modernism

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank M_laimoud

Dear Mr. Laimoud,

I would like to seize this moment to extend my personal thanks and appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

On the other hand, kindly note that our hotel's owning compnay is planning for full hotel renovation in 2015.

Once again thank you for your time. Looking forward to welcoming always at Your Sheraton Montazah Hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

6.too noisy because the glass isn't double

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Naja1511

Dear Mr. Naja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I do assure you that every single comment noted has been taken into consideration, with a very close supervision on the concerned areas.

Once again thank you for your time and for your understanding. Looking forward to welcoming you again and always at Your Sheraton Montazah Hotel.