“Heed the previous reviews”
Review of Mecca Hotel

Mecca Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Mecca Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The pro photos look much better than the reality is. Best to be said is the view from small balcony, and we did not have bedbugs. But yes, a cockroach. Bed linens appeared clean but full of holes. No shower curtain, scummy wash basin, dirt marks on walls. unclean. The lobby was presentable and checkin checkout staff were competent. housekeeping staff 'veiled' but apparently not very active in their jobs. Despite view, proximity to street made it very noisy. Breakfast was acceptable. Unless you are on an extreme budget, I agree with reviewers who say: avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJHBlack

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Good: Sea view is excellent in most rooms. Furniture is moderate. Breakfast is moderate.
Bad:
- No hot water in my room's bathroom, when I complained, one of the employees told me to keep the water running for 10 minutes (how ridiculous!) however, still no hot water.
- Very bad attitude from the employees, including the receptionist and the waiters in the restaurant.
- Privacy is a major concern because many other balconies in the hotel can actually see into your room and can see you from behind when you stand in the balcony.
- My first cup of Nescafe arrived after 30 minutes since I ordered it.
- Bathroom looks rusty.
- When I asked for a card to leave a review at the receptionist I was like asking about something from the outer space.

I regret paying for my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Khalid M
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Points of strength:
- View of the sea: very beautiful location in one of the most elegant shores in Alexandria
- Very good for those who want to spend a long vacation.. due to the good price (about 400 L.E per night)
- Excellent for those who are seeking privacy (or women in veil) specially in rooms in 9th and 10th floor... no neighbors
- All female employees are veiled
- Most residents were families and business

Points of weakness:
- The breakfast: not include wide variety of options.. I liked "Tameya" as a breakfast since it is delicious there
- The room service and cleaning: is not very good.. however we never found a Cockroach or any insects there allover the 10 days we spent there
- The beds were not very much comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more privacy (8th, 9th and 10th floors recommended) Best sea view in suites in t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Noha_Nagi
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Not Clean. Very Old Furniture. Terrible Stuff. Very Bad food. The best was our Balcony view as it was more than wonderful overlooking the sea that we could see all Alexandria from the citadel till Stanley Bridge or more ... In addition, it was not value for money at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Hebatalla_Hassan
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Went there for a night, everything is fine, but they wanted to keep my and my wife's passport with them till checkout, but I didnt gave them passports, they asked for night's stay in advance.. card machine wasnt working, so I had to go out and get cash from cashpoint maching which was about 15 minutes walk... they laughed at us when I gave them card, they expect to carry U cash....

Nice location but Staff's attitude is the reason they let us down also they charge if U more if U look struck, as we arrived in Alexanderia at 7pm, it was bit late, but they charges us $90/night.
we moved to other place in morning... (Ramsis hotel on the same road, going towards Alexanderia library) where we paid just LE150/ £12/ $16 per night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Gurinder79
Reviewed 5 June 2009

It's a three stars hotel. Premium location & view. Clean air conditioned room. don't expect too much as it's $49 for double room BB for Egyptian.
I really like the beach view from it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank M5555
Reviewed 30 October 2006

Mecaa Hotel , is in front of the beach , nice wind outside and has chairs outside to make us enjoy the view. The staff was ok too , not too friendly as we are in USA , but not rude .

I just regret I could not stay with my egyptian boyfreind in the room and so we had to pay 2 rooms separated , they even put a man to watch us! and I am 37 years old ...

Stayed: June 2006