“Unforgetable”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$53.00*
and up
Discover Alexandria: Day Tour from Cairo to...
Ranked #9 of 76 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 1800 archaeological pieces are exhibited chronologically from one floor to the next: the basement is devoted to Prehistoric and Pharonic times; first floor to the Graeco-Roman period; second floor to the Coptic and Islamic era that highlights artifacts raised during recent underwater excavations.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My trip was so nice over there that I want to go back soon. The museum itself is full of history and information and if you ask the gards they are more then helpful with given information!!!!

All reviews
"take photos"
"dont miss"
"modern library"

Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was a couple of years back when we visited the Library & we were informed that
Alexander The Great translated the Bible here. Library is huge & contain wealth of information.
City is clean & its has a beautiful blue sea.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

everything that Cairo aught to be but isn't, beautifully presented and small enough for a half day visit

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I found this museum searching places to visit using trip advisor
To my surprise none of the four taxi drivers I called know it even exist so I had to walk my way to the museum using Google maps which was accurate

At first I thought the museum is closed because I found no one in there but security

Then I figured out that most of the people in Alex don't know it exists or they just don't care since in my 2 hour visit my wife and me where the only visitors in the museum

It ia a lovely small museum
You must start your visit by going to the Basement where you can see the mummy which is the best thing in the museum display them you can work your way up where each floor is dedicated to another era

3  Thank Aziz A
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It's quite hard to find it, but once you are in Alexandria and want to see some history - it's worth paying a visit. Just don't forget there is a basement, because it's the most interesting place in the museum (dedicated to the ancient Egypt, and have a real mummy and sarcophagus). The descriptions are written in English, so it's not a problem to read about anything.

2  Thank Artur F