“I couldn't fault the quality!”
Review of Rakoda

Cuisines: Seafood, Egyptian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

My intention was to go to the Greek Club, but even with the address in Arabic we couldn't find it, so came across Akoda by accident.
And what a wonderful surprise! Fresh fish by the door, you choose, then the method you want it cooked and wallah!
Apart from sitting downstairs, and only having a view of the road (there are tables upstairs, so you could see the sea), the restaurant was clean, the service efficient, the mussels (clams?) I had were exquisite, and the Sea Bass probably the best I have ever had.
The price as well might be high by Egyptian standards but luckily at the moment, by European standards the price vs the quality was amazing!
I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews, I eat out a lot and I know all restaurants have bad days, but I caught them on a good one!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Located in ElShatby area, Rakoda serves seafood and grills.
I ordered Salad and grilled chicken & I have to say I loved both!
Grilled chicken I ate there was the best I ever tasted in my entire life.. I could even travel from Cairo to Alex just to go there again :))
High quality food, attention paid to details, friendly service & nice location
Can't wait to go again :)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I travelled to Alex with my fiance just to eat fish and come back to Cairo the same day, it wasn't an easy choice coz there are many places to go eat fish & sea food specially in Alex. so after some locals recommendations, we decided to go and it was worth the visit, ONE OF THE BEST i've tried in my life, we ordered sea food soup (which contained shrimps, Calamari & crab), brown rice, fish grilled in the singaary way, Alexandrian calamari tajen and grilled jumbo shrimps. The soup is a MUST try, the rest of the food was really tasty specially the shrimps, they have great waiters and i was impressed with the level of service!
overall, was worth the truoble of travelling to eat a good sea food meal :D

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Heard a lot about this place, but I have to say my experience fill a LOT short of enjoyment.

Service was slow, waiters were not interested, and food gave me a diarrhea

Reviewed 7 October 2010

This restaurant is a very good example for a delightful experience in Alexandrian sea food restaurants. The seating is normal, nothing fancy about it, typical egyptian restaurants. Try fried shrimps "head and tail", shrimps in tomato marinar sauce and ask the chef for its soup, and as an excellent appetizer, take the small clamps boiled with oil, lemon & garlic and cumin.