“Pleasant holiday”

TUI SENSIMAR Scheherazade
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went to the hotel for 10 days had a pleasant stay. The hotel was clean and the staff were extremely helpful. Our cleaner Heidi was excellent and the lad in the courtyard pool area was very helpful. It was a relaxing holiday which is just what my wife and myself wanted. The view from the room was lovely. The food was reasonable and the entertainment good some nights not so good others. All in all I would recommend this hotel for its service and friendliness.
Mark and Claire Cowey.

Room Tip: They are all the same all have a sea view.There are swim up rooms if you pay extra it's up to yo...
2  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our first trip back to Tunisia for a few years. Weather was fantastic as usual, transfer from airport good. As other guests greeted of the bus with dancing, cheering etc........nice touch. Chose this hotel from the pictures and detail from Thomson website, but was a bit let down by the hotel once we had a good look around. The food was excellent and the Indian restaurant was well worth the visit, nice to be served at your table for a change. Staff were very nice and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Seaview room.
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 21 August 2014

As soon as we arrived it was evening dinner time, so we dressed in accordance with the hotels written policy that they had just given us when checking in, only to find that this rule has been relaxed and isn't enforced ever. So be sure blokes to pack loads of shorts and flip flops as you can really chill out at night!!!! even wear your base ball cap in the restaurant....... anything goes....At this point we felt old fashioned and very much like two fishes out of water !! the hotel is very much geared towards young people, it was not what we had been sold by Thomson as a couples holiday which from our experience has always meant 35+ this hotel had families staying together and parties of friends who do not in any way resemble Couples.

The next thing we found was that although the policy of the hotel stipulates no reserving of sunbeds before 8:am you will be lucky to get one beside the pool if you don't get there really early, people were camping on them from as early as 5am to ensure they had what could be described as an upper class soft sunbed...... there are plenty of beds but it seems there is is a definite class system going on with certain more comfortable ones.... THEN at the pool side,
where I was hoping for a tranquil experience, (which is what I have always previously been used to at a Couple hotel over the last 7 stays in one) the most excruciating loud music was blasted out of a speaker so distorted it hurt my ears, this I am told was "happy entertainment" the second week it did seem to become quieter though, that or I have become deaf!!! So if you are like me and like a quiet atmosphere, like dressing up at night with your partner looking smart in long trousers , and you don't like setting your alarm clock for a sun bed, stay away. Also the rep told me that I should go to a Thomson Gold Hotel at my age as the Couples hotel was for people in their 20s up to 35 !!!!! I really do feel old now. I know I am 55 but hey I hadn't realised I was ready for the Gold ones yet.
I know the hotel was really trying to please every one and they are lovely people but I think if Thomson had pre-warned me of the age group and liveliness of the hotel we would have booked something else, so we do feel miss sold.

The hotel is dated in some areas , definitely it seems the bathrooms are poor, standards of cleaning is ok.... the food is good but spicy so if you don't like that you are struggling. The other thing is that pool bars only have wine or beer and soft drinks so don't think you can relax by the pool with a cocktail. If you do want any other kind of drink its in the Lobby Bar miles away. The cocktails are very tiny and very sweet, the ingredients are very different to a European palate.

I am not being negative about the staff or this hotel, it is just a good thing to know about what it exactly is so no one who is like me who enjoys the afore mentioned stuff makes a booking and regrets it when you are there, we feel that we never ever got away from noise apart from on Sunday when it is called chill out day, when you are looking forward to a holiday to simply chill out away from noise and like getting dressed up as a couple its disappointing when its the opposite just like anything else you want it to be right for you. Good luck to the hotel and the younger crowd and the families and groups of friends we are done with Thomson holidays if this is the way Couples hotel are going.

Room Tip: Men take your shorts for evening. Try and get the left side of the hotel is less noisy
12  Thank toffeeyface
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to book Tunisia with the travel agency for a relaxing holiday for my Mum's 50th Birthday. We were a little worried before hand as we had heard mixes reviews about Tunisia, however this hotel by far exceeded our expectations.

On arrival the staff greeted us off the bus with music and dancing - I've never been greeted like that (not even in 5 star accomodation) which was a really special touch. We were given cocktails and chocolates and our cases were taken to our rooms.

The rooms were lovely, cosy and we had a fantastic sea view. To make the rooms even better if i was going to be petty would be to add tiles to the walls. We had fresh towels every day and the rooms were always clean.

We were a little bit apprehensive about visiting a couples hotel as we wanted an adults only resort for four women (Mum, sisters and a friend). It is mainly a couples hotel but there were other non-couples and a nice mix of age ranges so we didn't feel out of place.

All the staff were amazing and really friendly especially Hedi (entertainment), Ashraf (music/water polo) and the Aussie (asst general manager) whom greeted us everyday.

The food was delicious and we enjoyed the different buffet themes each evening (Tunisian, French, Mexican, etc). The Indian restaurant was also very tasty and so was the snack bar near the pool (pizza, ice cream, burgers, pasta). Being a typical British tourist, it would have been nice to see bacon and baked beans at the breakfast buffet but the omelettes and pancakes made up for it.

The beach was always clean and the watersports are cheap, safe and lots of fun (especially the inflatable sofa and banana boat).

I would definately recommend the catamaran with Thompsons - we went in the afternoon and had the vessel to ourselves. Port El Kantaoui is lovely and you don't get any hassle if you want to get out of the hotel. I wouldn't recommend the pirate ship the man at the hotel tries selling - you don't see any dolphins and you are crammed in like sardines. If you decide to do the quad bikes - make sure it's not on a really hot day. The heat doesn't make the activity enjoyable. 1 hour without water in 48 degree celcius heat!

I would definately recommend this hotel to any couples, singles of any age range whom want a relaxing, chilled out break without the kids. We will be returning in the future and may even take our partners next time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Nic0404
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Have just returned from two fantastic weeks at this hotel. We have never done couples before and will never do anything else but now!
The hotel is spotless and the food is excellent,so much choice.
The staff are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble for them,even the managers walk around the hotel making sure everything is ok for you.
Pool is more or less one depth which was great for me as i panic in deep water! The lifeguards are also really helpful with sun loungers and towels.The good beds do go early but to be honest the basic beds are good enough anyway.
Great location and beautiful views! We were on the top floor room 802 and was able to see for miles and watch a beautiful sunrise every morning.
We did a couple of trips through AliBaba which were good value. Quad biking was good fun and the pirate ship where we saw dolphins and swam in the sea.
Port El Kantouai is a short taxi or train ride away and is great for a afternoon or evening stroll!The Mediterranean Restaurant is gorgeous!
From start to finish we were treated like royalty by every member of staff from managers to cleaners.
Tammie and Kirk (Reps) were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.
Definitely ready to go back next year !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 20 August 2014

So it's been our 2nd year running we've stayed here and there will be a third!! Yet again we have been provided the best care and attention. As for the comment regarding myself and my friend and the sun loungers, just so you no I get up every day at 5am, there was no reserving of the beds as this is not allowed,, I just simply got up and watched the sunrise therefore had the same bed! No staff reserved them!!! So anyway, Mr Towel man (Oussama) you are a gem! You looked after us so well and we can't wait to see you next year.
English(naoufel) Dimples (raed) the wonderful waiters who kept us topped up with our favourite white wine and rosè you guys rock! Then at the beach hut we had Helmi who remembered our drinks and yahia who served us, you guys work so hard. Camera men walid and Mohammed the photos are just simply amazing and boy did I spend lots hahah!!!
Cleaning lady Hedia, well what can I say, she is simply the most amazing woman ever! Her cleaning is top standard and she never failed to amaze us with her talents, also a massive thank you to her as when my friend was poorly she went out of her way to make her comfortable.
Now last but not least,,,, HEDI!!! Well what can I say, you are just the most amazing man! You spoilt me and April rotten and we had so much fun! I love you with all my heart and will now count down the days until next year. Don't ever change! We get your jokes even if some others don't!!! Just don't let them bring you down and keep doing what you do! See you guys next year xx

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Kirsty0279
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent 2 amazing weeks at ths hotel from 3rd to 17th August for our honeymoon and we could not have picked a better hotel. We read the reviews before we went so knew we had made a good choice before we had even arrived.

We had a suite, room 810, which was lovely, plenty of room and beautifully decorated with petals, candles, towel art and a bottle of bubbly waiting for us. We arrived late as there was a problem with the baggage conveyor at the airport but they had kept the restaurant open for us to grab a bite to eat, much appreciated after a long journey. They also invited us to a drinks reception for those who were on honeymoon only, a really nice touch.

The hotel was spotless, staff constantly working from cleaners, porters, gardeners, bar staff, chambermaids, management and the staff and waiters in the restaurant.

Nothing was too much trouble for any guest, the staff at the hotel are an absolute credit to the place, they are what makes it a wonderful place to stay. All very friendly and happy and as for Hedi, well he is just unique and lots and lots of fun!

Special mention goes to Ridha who was our waiter a few times in the restaurant, always smiling and greeting us wth a hug, never had an empty glass which was much appreciated (the other waiters you had to ask for more wine/beer). Also Helmi who is the barman in the pool snack bar, brought drinks directly to our lounger, perfect! And lastly Yassine who was one of the waiters at the pool snack bar and in the Indian Restaurantm great service.

The Indian Restaurant which you can eat in once during your stay was amazing! Mexican and Far East night in the restaurant were our favourites. They also did Mediteranian, Tunisian, French, Italian and the weekly Gala night which was either black and white or red and white themed, and lots of people matched with their dress code, a nice touch.

We did 3 trips through Thomson, Ali Baba was constantly pestering us every time we walked past, so out of principle we didn't book with him. After a couple of days of polite but stern 'no thank you' he left us alone.

We did the Elm Jem half day, amazing, then quad bikes through Thomson from Habib Quads, great fun although the Tunisian country side was a little disappointing, and then the Zulu evening and safari park. I would recommend them all.

The age range at this hotel is very varied, from those who must have just turned 18 to the more senior guest. As a result the hotel can't please everyone with the evening entertainment. Our favourite nights were the Kenyan Acrobats and the Beach Party with fire eaters.

Achraf who seemed to do all the music was friendly and entertaining although some of the more senior guests were not keen on his choice of music by the pool in the afternoon for the daily entertainment at about 3pm, a bit club 18-30 and too loud was the comment, but we enjoyed it and we are in our 40's!

Hedi and the dance he gets you to do in the pool most days was highly entertaining and his energy is infectcious, even my husband who hates that kind of thing normally, joined in!

There are just too many good things about this hotel to write on here as I will be here for ages! Please don't listen to the few reviews on here that are having a winge for wingeing sake. It's a perfect place to enjoy amazing weather, gorgeous hotel, fabulous food with plenty of choice, and fantastic staff.

The Thomson reps Tammie and Kirk were a waste of space, the hotel staff are much more friendly.

Finally we booked the VIP lounge at the airport for the journey home, problem with this was that the pick up from the hotel was 6pm to 6.30pm for a 21.30pm flight, so by the time we got to the airport it was gone 7pm, then we had to queue to check in (they had a problem with the scanner that reads your boarding passes that have been printed online) so by the time we got into the lounge it was about 7.40pm. Our flight boarded at 8.40pm so we only had a hour in there to relax. Then we had a drama as our flight was showing as boarding but our passports had not been processed by the dedicated passport controller who sits in the VIP lounge (one of the benefits Thomson sell you!) so we had to ask repeatedly and in the end we got our passports and had to run to the gate, no time for duty free. Thomson sell this to you on the fact that you do not need to go through regular passport control which they scare you with stories of huge queues, but we think this is just a sales tactic. It wasn't worth the money in our opinion!

We will definiately go back to this hotel again next year, they had plenty of repeat guests there so that must tell you something! Our honeymoon was perfect! Thank you to each and every hard working staff member who made this holiday one we will never forget, and all for the right reasons!

8  Thank Mooniepants