My family stayed at the hotel for a week and were overall impressed and happy with our stay.
When we first arrived, our details were not on record so we did have to wait around an hour for the holiday rep to be phoned to confirm our stay and then a room to be made up. This was a little frustrating as we were tired and hungry from our travels and had paid to get access immediately to our room upon arrival. However, we were invited to have drinks and food while we waited, which made it better for us.
Firstly, the swimming pools are very good. We used the baby pool mostly, which was an ideal temperature and depth for our 18 month old. I do wonder though why the sun loungers around the children's pool are of lesser plastic quality compared to the wooden loungers around the other pools?
Secondly, the main buffet restaurant is good on the whole, Imen was certainly a great help to us and it was good how the staff guided you to a table rather than having to search. Compared to other hotels, the was no battle for a table as there we plenty available. The only annoyance we had was lack of high chairs. Thee only seemed to be about four and of these, only one had straps and sat up straight. Sometimes we would prepare a high hair then go to get our food and upon return, the high chair would have been taken. This is certainly a downfall and there needs to be better provision for babies and toddlers. The food was excellent. Being a vegetarian, there was plenty available. The desserts were also very good! Our son ate very well and never rejected what he was given to eat. The staff we always on hand to top up your drinks and clear things away.
The rooms are comfortable and the beds are a very good size. Once we had figured the air con out, we slept well and again, our son also slept incredibly well. The bathroom has a good shower. It would be nice to have softer towels if anything could be said. It is a shame that the mini bar is not included in the all inclusive stay.
The room cleaning was good however, the man who cleaned our room either worked very thoroughly or does have too many rooms to do because we would put on our 'cleaning' light at around 9am, return at 5pm and the room would still not have been cleaned so around half the time, our room wasn't cleaned and this was frustrating.
Overall, we would return to this hotel and recommend. The beach was lovely and clean also. Just sort the high chair situation out please because this was a niggle! The staff were very kind we felt and were incredibly caring to our young son and always made time to say hello and speak to him, which he loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is located at the entertainment heart of Sousse, and just minutes away from the city centre. Opened in April 2010, this luxury 5 star resort is the first International chain resort in the city of Sousse. The hotel comprises of 618 rooms and suites of various categories. Sousse is Tunisia’s third largest city, and an important industrial and commercial centre on the eastern coast. Sousse is located 135 km south of Tunis, 20 km north of Monastir airport, and just 40 km south of Enfidha airport. In addition to being the Sahel region’s economic heart, Sousse is also a major tourist resort area, offering a wide choice of restaurant and entertainment options. ACCOMMODATION A total of 618 rooms and suites, well equipped with flat screen LCD TV, direct dial telephones, mini bars, safe deposit boxes, coffee and tea-making facilities and individually controllable air conditioning and heating. All rooms are granted free access to the underground car park, the gym and the outdoor swimming pools. Non-smoking rooms are available, as well as connecting rooms for families with children. Two rooms are customized for the disabled. The top floor is also known as the Executive floor, offering complimentary Internet access and other services for the discerning business guest. DINING & ENTERTAINMENT The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse offers a diversity of cuisines from around the world to tantalize your taste buds; enjoy show cooking and international buffets at Mosaique, indulge in Sushi and Teppanyaki from Japan at Sendai, sample authentic Spanish cuisine at Tapeo or enjoy a Mediterranean culinary experience at La Villa. And if it’s grill you favour, the Levant Grill & Jacuzzi is the ideal place to dine by the water’s edge. Watch the sun go down with a drink from a variety of bars such as the Breeze or First. Aga Cafe takes you back to the glorious days of the Ottoman Empire. And for a more lively end to the day, La Villa offers different atmospheres, ranging from the brandy and cigars of the Chimney Bar to the eased back elegance of the Onyx Lounge. SPORT & LEISURE With its 300-metre long sandy beach and a watersports base offering hobiecat sailboats, parascending and windsurfing, the Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is the ideal sports and leisure resort. Other sport and leisure facilities also include beach volleyball, table tennis, sauna and fitness training. For golf enthusiasts, El Kantaoui golf course offers an 18-hole golf course in the immediate vicinity. A scuba diving club is also located nearby. Other amenities in the hotel include three outdoor swimming pools, one indoor/outdoor pool at the Marine Spa, the VIKs’ (Very Important Kids) house, a beauty salon, a boutique and business services. MARINE SPA Marine Spa is our unique interpretation of wellbeing: a full thalassotherapy centre combined with a large array of Spa treatments. Marine Spa welcomes both hotel and outside guests from 10.00 am till 10.00 pm daily, offering them a unique concept that gives its true meaning to wellness. Harnessing the power of natural marine ingredients, together with the latest innovations in product and treatment technology, we offer a complete package for all your spa and wellness needs. Under the guidance of our expert Spa therapists, we encourage our guests to actively participate in the selection and creation of a personalised spa programme. MEETINGS & EVENTS Perfection is our passion and Swiss hospitality our heritage. Movenpick Meetings & Events offers professional event management encapsulating the highest quality standards, creative cuisine and qualified, friendly service. You will find in Sousse this subtle alliance of efficiency and inspiration, of modernity and functionality, in each of our five meeting spaces. We offer one 629 sqm ballroom and four meeting rooms with daylight. All include state-of-the-art equipment and can be set up in a variety of styles. Need anything on the fly? Our dedicated Meetings & Events Concierge is there to cater for your needs and to ensure that your event is running smoothly. This enables you to focus your full attention on your meeting or event. Our excellent quality programme, Movenpick Meeting & Events, creates the optimal conditions to ensure that your meeting, banquet or business event will be a complete success. Your personal contact partner will take over the entire organization for you, ensuring highest quality service and attending to the individual needs of your guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Alpha Holidays Limited, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Marine Spa Sousse
- Moevenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse Hotel Sousse