“beautiful hotel but with nooooo atmosphere !!! would not go back !”
Review of Riadh Palms Hotel

Riadh Palms Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
london uk
“beautiful hotel but with nooooo atmosphere !!! would not go back !”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

ok stayed there for 3 days all inc though we booked for 9 days we left ! nothing wrong with the hotel as long as they give you one of thier decent rooms on the left of the reception ! the other side very old matteress felt like they were filled with straw! we asked to be moved and we was the next day, beach is at the back of the pool area about 2 mins walk this was very good the pool area good too, but the hotel had no atmosphere at all very big and very cold, and when I was there they were only catering for a certain nationality dont think Im allowed to mention which one but lets just say I still think they are upset cos we won the war lol food was good when you could get to it as so many people were just pushing in ect ! Ive BEEN to Tunisia many times this was the worse hotel Ive been too and left after 3 days! not much going on in Sousse and would not go back to this hotel, Hammamet soooo much better and more to do.I dont genrally give a negative review but with this hotel I cant help it! Ive listed the good points but was not enough to make us stay there ! shame really as the hotel is quite impressive and could be a fantasic place ........... oh by the way its a 20 minute walk to the town centre so location quite good too .....

Room Tip: ask for a room on the left of reception !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank donnatellah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

i went to tunisia on april 25 this year with my gf and while just arrived in the hotel we had to wait 4 hours for a room and there where rooms avialibe, the rooms are nice and we got a nice sea view and the hotel food was ok and bu some hotel staff was really rude but i recomend this hotel to family and single people and there are bars and restarant near by and a nice beach just outside the hotel.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mohammed o
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

First visit to Tunisia and second experience of all inclusive. Hotel is clean and measures up well to third world 4* rating. If you're expecting European 4* you're in the wrong place and you will be disappointed. Remember how much you are paying!
Room perfectly functional and maid service daily. Plenty of hot water and powerful shower. TV but didn't turn it on.
Huge and impressive central atrium incorporating reception and bar on two floors. Beer, local spirits and wines plus soft drinks all day long. One man on an electric keyboard most evenings; good for what he is but not to everyone's taste.Animators run a more lively and child oriented disco just outside in a very large porch/veranda area. Only show when we we there was a pay for event, transvestites! Said to be family friendly and I am sure it was, but odd choice.
Very efficient and large restaurant with friendly waiting staff. Clean, with a huge variety of foods to suit every taste. Any reviews you read knocking the food can only be from burger and chips brigade; very fussy eaters. It's mass produced but for what you are paying it's and absolute steal. If you like desserts the pastries are very impressive. Salads, cheeses, hot meats and fish, pizza, loads of breads, pasta, pancakes, eggs for breakfast, cereals, yoghurts, fruit, wine is good too.
Lovely palm filled pool area, shade for those who need it. 1 May the pool bar and restaurant opens, so you don't have to go far for food or drink. Waiters will serve you drinks and that is only time any tipping is in any way expected; fetch your own drinks from the bar and no tipping at all.
Pool area is surrounded by well kept grounds. A bit of building work on extension but nothing at all intrusive.
Beach is an extension of pool area, beautiful sand with beds and brollies. Quite windy when we were there in May. Very little hassle at all from traders, beach is miles long. Parascending, jet skis etc for hire at reasonable rates.
10 -15 minute stroll into old town. Not much to do in town, it's a beach resort. Excursions looked quite good, but we were there for the sun.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Egg999
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is my 3rd time at this hotel 1st time was in October 2011 2nd time Feb 2012 and then May 2012 and i am due to return in 4 weeks time.
I love this hotel, all the staff are friendly, food is great, rooms are so clean as is all of the hotel. The entrance to the hotel is amazing, and all the staff remember me and my family. The bar staff are ace, and everynight at 11.55 i would get the look do you want your drinks to take into the hotel disco and with a little nod my drinks was lined up at the bar waiting for me.
I am a really fussy eater but i dont have any problems with the food at this hotel there is always something for me, i dont eat meat but my mum her partner and my partner all love the meat and fish and the variety is amazing.
The location is perfect. pool and beach are lush and our sunbeds were in the same place everyday.
I think it is fab value for money, and this is the best hotel i have ever stayed in. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Leanne M
manchester
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My family and I have just returned (6/may) from 1 week at this hotel. I was worried after reading the reviews but was given a friendly welcome when we arrived. Our room was ready when we arrived, however there was some guests that had been waiting over an hour for thier room.
Our room was big as thier was 5 of us. It was clean and bright. We also got a seaview even though we didn't pay extra.
The food was lovely, however there could have been a bit more vareity and offer more fresh fruit. All the staff apart from 2 where very freindly and helpful.
The indoor pool could do with a clean, however the outdoor pool was very nice. There where plenty of space and sunbeds, even though the hotel was full.
During lunch you had a choice of eating in the restaurant or around the pool, however there was not as much choice at the snack bar. Not long after lunch was finished there was fresh pancakes, fresh donuts, pizza and sandwiches available. The beach bar was not open, however you only had to walk a few meters if you wanted a drink.
The beach could do with a clean, however this applied to sousse beach as a whole not just the hotel beach. (Was advised the the goverment have no money to clean). The beach is very secure, as there was around 5 security staff who also got the sunbeds for you. I had young children with me and 1 was in a pram and they would help me with the pram on and off the beach.
Also anyone who was not a guest at the hotel was not allowed onto the beach, they had to stay at the waters edge. Which was good as you got people trying to sell you goods and when I've been previously to other hotels they are in your face. If the sercurity seen anyone hanging around they move them on.
We also booked the camel ride which was also very good. Try and barter with them as they where charging 35 dinars pp half for children (£15).
There wasn't much entertainment, however there was a kids mini discos which was very good and my 3 and 5 year old joined in. There is also a little playground for children.
I never went to the nightclub, so can't comment on that.

Overall this is a very good hotel especially if you have children.
We've stayed in many different hotels in sousse and this has been one of the best hotels by far.
The only negative thing I could say was the hallways where quite dark. There was the sensor lights, however they didn't turn on till you where right in front of them and the rooms could do with a bit more light, but we have decieded that when we return we would def try book in this hotel.
I would take the negative comments with a pinch of salt, if your after a laid back friendly hotel in a central location then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for rooms 3319 or 3320. It faces the street but you also have a seaview. Yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mcrsweete
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Well the staffs are rude and the service is poor, but the hotel looks beautiful and it's right next to the beach, you have so many bars and restaurant near by. We had a nice room with beautiful sea view and the housekeepers where really nice.

• Stayed April 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was my third visit to Sousse, having previously stayed in 3 stars hotels. Bearing the quality of these hotels I felt sure that we would be in for a treat with this 4 star hotel but we were a little disappointed. I try to keep a fairly open mind as the hotel has mixed reviews and I like to form my own opinion. Other than the grand lobby I would suggest that this hotel wouls more of a 2 star as I have been in 3 star hotels that have given a better service, better amenities and nicer rooms.
This all inclusive package left a lot to be desired. There were no toiletries supplied and you have to provide your own beach towels. During our stay we went on an excursion overnight and stayed at 3 star hotel which did provide these,
The lobby of the hotel is quite grand but beyond that the hotel is tired and in need of some renovation.
On arrival our room was not ready so we had to wait a couple of hours. Another couple had a baby and were left in the lobby for over 2 hours with no baby changing facilites. When our room was ready we found it to be clean but basic. Clean (but sometimes with stains) towels and maid service daily so good there and we had booked a sea view so liked that as well. The corridor had been carpeted but this was like a patchwork with fraying and it looked like it had not long been done.
We found the service poor. Few of the staff had a smile and they appeared unconcerned if you had a complaint. We experienced distubances for two out o three nights from our neighbours who were arguing an throwing furniture about. On the second occasion I had to go down to reception for security. We asked to see the manager but were obstructed by reception staff who made excuses for the couple and suggested that we move rooms when it wasn't us causing the problem. Evetually the rep sorted it out when we asked that management had a word with the couple as any other hotel I have stayed in would have asked them to leave.
The food was tasty and hot but not a lot of choice and some repetition with the same foods served twice in one week.
Waiters were difficult to engage and only tended to collect glasses. We sometimes felt invisible after several 'excuse me's' were ignored and we were walked past without a glance. Several times I noticed cleaners stood chatting in the toilet and on one occasion the cleaner was sat on the toilet talking on her mobile phone and even though there were guests coming and going she carried on talking.
The entertainment was poor with low key activities in the day. Arabic dancing class was advertised but their alternative to Zumba was done with repeated dance sequence taught each day. Evening entertainment was non existant with hotel guests doing the entertaining by playing games. The hotel has a night club open from midnight each night where you have to pay for drinks but admission is free. This was very smoky so could not stay.
During the course of out 1 week stay we got stuck in the loft when it broke down and the whole of the hotel was in chaos when none of the toilets would flush.
The hotel boasts a moorish cafe but when I asked for arabic/turkish coffee I was told they had none, so mint tea it was then.
The location of the hotel is good and within easy reach of Sousse Medina and Port El Kantoui a little further away. There are always taxis and celeshi's outside for transport or the Noddy train goes past but this is not reliable.
There appeared to be no dress code for evening meal with many going for dinner in shorts and vest. Whilst I appreciate a casual dress myself I do not want to see men in shorts and vest as if they had just come from the beach.
The beach bar was not open as it was low season and this does not open until 1st May.
The outdoor pool was clean and appeared well maintained but the indoor pool is in need of some TLC and a good clean. When swimming up to the edge I noticed black mould growing in the drainage.
We had some spa treatements and enjoyed some good packages at a discount rate. The staff in the spa are friendly, courteous and helpful. The massages are not as good as I have had in Egypt but definately worth a visit.
This does appear to be a quite negative review but a good time was had by myself and my friend but this was more about our sense of humour than anything else. I do not think I would use this hotel in the future or recommend it to friends unless it does something to earn it's 4 star status. I have read a number of reviews that have found this to be a fantastic hotel but anyone that has stayed in a good 3 star or is used to 4 or 5 stars as we have done I think would be disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: You need a room 4th floor and bove for the best sea views nd book a sea view if possible
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends