“All you want for your holiday and more - Excellence”

Hotel Marhaba Beach
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Spent 11 nights at Marhaba Beach in July. Could have stayed a lot longer. This hotel is lovely and staff are very pleasant and helpful. Our room 152 was of good size and overlooked the pool, with the beach in the distance. Bathroom was quite big and shower over bath very powerful. Rooms were cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis by very pleasant cleaners.
On your first visit to the restaurant you are allocated your table for the duration of your holiday. This worked really well as restaurant can be very busy and it meant your waiters got to know you and your drinks orders from breakfast to lunch and dinner. On your last night your dinner table was beautifully decorated with flowers which was a lovely gesture. Food was always plentiful and loads of choice. Omelettes at breakfast were lovely and chef was lovely too. There was also show cooking at lunch and dinner times and also pizzas made freshly to order. Desserts were lovely with very decorative fancy cakes and every flavour of ice cream you could think off. In addition to main restaurant you could enjoy your lunch at the beach barbecue restaurant which we did every day. You could opt to eat from the barbecue or select other meats and fish dishes, spaghetti or pasta or a nice salad. Again you could order fresh pizzas, omelettes or fresh sandwiches and to finish all of you can indulge in icecream or fresh fruit.
The waiters were very helpful and always pleasant as was the chef.
Special mention to the waiter at beach bar who kept my large glass topped up with Diet Coke for me, very much appreciated.
Now for the beach. It was lovely and kept clean. The hotel had a private area on the beach which was good and the guy working the sunbeds was a gem. He always had one for us on the waters edge and he worked really hard in extreme heat.He was so pleasant with everyone. The sea was so calm and warm.
There was a lot of water sports which you could do.
Animation Team
The animation team at marhaba beach must be the hardest working bunch i have ever seen on holidays.These guys and girl are upbeat from 9am to midnight. They are all so pleasant and have a smile for everyone. They do not pester you to take part in any activity. Although i didnt take part in any activitiy as i am a sunbed freak from early morning to evening i did enjoy the music on the beach during Aqua Aerobics which certainly got the crowd going. Also enjoyed the childrens disco as it brought back memories of years gone by with my own daughter.
I also must mention the guys in the hotel shop and the banker. Always very pleasant.I also brought a hair colour with me which the hairdresser kindly put in for me and at the time i also had my hair cut. The stylist was lovely and very thorough with great blow drying technique. Strongly recommend you treat yourself with a visit to the hair dressers.
I cannot comment on the swimming pool as i went to the beach every day but would like to congratulate the environment workers on how good the grounds were kept with lovely flower beds and completely litter free.
For 10dinars you could hire your beach/pool towels. And also 2 dinars per day for safety deposit box.
On summing up i would like to say that if you choose this hotel you will not be disappointed, you have everything you would want for a very relaxing holiday with the beach on your doorstep, caring and pleasant staff, great food, animation team who excel themselves and of course plenty of sunshine. Book today and you wont be disappointed unless you only book for a week cause you will want to stay longer.
One tip: Duty Free shops at the Airport do not accept Tunisian Dinars when leaving so make sure you have Euro or Sterling for those last minute buys.
Any questions you have please email me.

Room Tip: On reading other reviews some said that rooms are being refurbished, my room was lovely and would ha...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 8383armagh
Write a ReviewReviews (2,306)

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I travelled on 8th July for 1 week. The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff very helpful and friendly,the selection of food was amazing both in the restaurant and the beach bbq bar.We were allocated a table at the beginning of our holiday and there was always a high chair ready for my granddaughter. The cleaning people were really friendly and 1 night i went back to my room and there were flowers on the bed and another time they had made 2 swans out of the towels,I would defineately go back there again and recommend it to all my friends.The animation guys were also brilliant especially at 9pm when it was the childrens time my granddaughter whos nearly got so excited when the music started.Well done to all who made my holiday perfect.

Room Tip: There was a mosque opposite my room and it was bit noisey in the night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank cougerNorwichNorfolk
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was our first trip to Tunisia and as two young girls travelling alone we were pretty apprehensive. When we arrived we realised that we needn’t have worried at all. The hotel was fantastic, great food and great staff. All the English definitely stick together, it was one of the most friendly hotels I’ve ever stayed in. But, our holiday was well and truly made by the amazing Animation team. It wouldn’t have been the same without their enthusiasm and entertainment which lasted the entire day, straight through till midnight. We definitely left them considering them as friends rather than staff, they will look after you as much as they possibly can. This also goes for most the staff, even with minor glitches in our holiday they looked after us and made sure everything was ok. The pool area was great (we spent most of our time there) but the beach was gorgeous too, especially to eat lunch from the beachside BBQ. We decided to do the ‘Market Fever’ trip while we were there which, once again, as young girls we were apprehensive about. It was a fab day, enjoyed every second. The men at the market were nowhere near as bad as we thought they would be, in fact they were pretty friendly! We are already planning our next visit to the Marhaba Beach hotel, as our many other people we met whilst we were there.

4  Thank xem018
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I can honestly say throughout all the holidays i've been on this has got to be the best one yet! we got there about 4am, staff on reception were still really friendly even though it was early morning. rooms were a little dated but you only spend night time there so theres not much to complain about. After about two days, the waiters remeber your drinks order so it makes you feel as though they are getting to know you. You get allocated a table for your whole stay so there isn't any rushing around trying to find a table. beach and pool were lovely and clean and we always managed to find somewhere to sit. The sunbed man on the beach always brought us our sunbeds so we didn't need to lift a finger! all the staff were super friendly always saying morning and afternoon to you. We did tip the staff about 1 dinar(40p ish) we didnt mind this as they dont get payed alot anyway and they really go out of their way to help you. But i think thhe highlight of the trip were the animation team! we LOVED them! there were always something you could do but were never constantly pestered if you didn't want to. Aqua arrobics, french bowls, water polo, archery were all there to chooses from. They were all super friendly and funny. The night entertainment super and always something to look forward to. Joe was definatly our favorite entertainer though! it was sooo sad to have to leave and 1 week just wasn't enough would stay forever if I could ;) we don't usually return to the same place twice as we like to try new places, however this hotel has broken the rules because i will most definatly return here and I cant wait!

Room Tip: having a room with a sea veiw is one of the better options its lovely to watch from the balcony at n...
2  Thank E L
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This was our 3rd holiday to Tunisia, we had planned it to be our last { its a big world out there } so wanted it to be a chilled out relaxing week. Sadly we were let down slightly.
The good side.....Weather superb, Beach/Sea very clean, Staff ( majority } helpful & very polite, Food so so but repedative.
The down side.....Outdoor pool very uninviting, Air con in room not up to the job, Animation team, well what can I say about this bunch...the lads were very attentative with any female in the 18 to 25 age bracket, at times I thought their whistles were super glued to their lips with constant blowing to attract your attention. Not what you want to hear when your chillin on the beach. then to cap it all off a mighty speaker is wheeled on to the beach where we were subjected to 2hrs of dance music to acompany the beach & water aerobics. Now i know what most of you are thinking....this Guy's an old fuddy duddy who should have gone on an over 60's holiday..wrong, I like a good beat playing in the background at a sensible volume, so much so that I requested a couple of copies of the CD they were playing...oh, that reminds me...THANKS Fi Fi for the 2 blank CD's you sold me for 30TND's...a letter is on it's way to your hotel manager. Nuff Said

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We travelled on 20th June for 1 week to this fab holiday destination and 1 week just wasn't enough. We could not fault anything at all with our stay. The hotel is old but has character, the rooms cleaned daily by very friendly ladies. The idea of being allocated a table and waiter for your stay is a great idea, we had a lovely view from table 60 and our waiter Atef was lovely, always smiling and soon go know our drinks order. We met a lovely couple Jo and Mike on our 1st night at the table and I think every night we were the last to leave the resturant! There was always plenty of choices on the menu for every meal time, I complimented the chefs on numerous occasions, as was very impressed! Cherif from the Saloon Bar helped us find our favouriteTunisian tipple.. Cedrat and Musrat both hit the spot. The Animation Team are brilliant, so much energy and genuine lovely people, they do not pressure you into doing anything you're not up for but because they are so nice you want to join in!!..The Vitamin man with the Smoothies was great and we can highly recommend the Strawberry ones. The pool was lovely and clean and the beach was beautiful. We would go back tomorrow if we could...but may just have to wait till early next year! A big hello to all the great people we met that week. The Drag Show was very entertaining too, worth the 15 dina...and the White Sensation party on the Beach was out of this world..so much hard work was put into that eveing..WELL DONE TO ALL AT MARHARBA BEACH !

Room Tip: 4th flor and sea view - beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I normally do not write reviews but I thought it hopefully helpful to give my thoughts and I also hope the hotel read the reviews as things can always be improved upon.
I will start by saying I enjoyed my stay at the hotel but there were a few niggles that I found annoying or unnecessary.
One cautionary note to people travelling to Enfidha airport be very wary of the porters grabbing your luggage and walking off towards your coaches, our porter wheeled one case about 50 yards and then when I offered him a tip of £2 (had not had chance to change any money at that point) he pushed my hand away and tried to tell me he wanted a £5 note as he was an ‘official’ porter, I held out the £2 again and had to be pushy and tell him its that or nothing he took it and wandered off grumbling.
The hotel itself is nice it does everything you would expect but nothing more, its clean but not impressively so, its rooms are good but not great, its food is ample but not special, the pool is strange though as the water level is 2ft below the sides of the pool and does not look inviting at all but the gardens are very nice and well kept. The beach area is also nice with a good beach bar where lunch and drinks are served. The guy sorting out the sunbeds on the beach is helpful and the sea is great.
Again just a note of caution, if you like to lie on your sunbed on the beach and relax and just quietly daydream well you can forget it after around 11am because that’s when the animation team burst into action when the biggest speaker you have ever seen is dumped on the beach and music is played so loud that it almost hurts. The team blow whistles and a mix of rousing music and noises are played to get peoples attention so the team can get people into the water to do ‘aqua aerobics’ and stretching etc, this is ok but my opinion is why should my, and many others, quiet enjoyment of the beach be ruined by the few, I am all for people doing what they want but why does something like that have to effect everyone as it could have easily been moved to one side of the beach and everyone would then win. Another such display of the animation team doing things their way to the detriment of some was when an evening beach party was stopped due to an outbreak of rain (only lasted a few minutes) and the team again burst into the lounge bar where a large number of guests who obviously preferred to sit and chat in the comfort of the lounge were unceremoniously moved from their chairs (myself and company included) and everyone from the beach took over the room and started a disco, again I am all for everyone enjoying themselves but I have the right as a paying guest to enjoy my holiday too but just felt as though I had to put up with whatever the animation team wanted to do regardless of the other guests who tried to enjoy a more peaceful break.
These comments are observations that I felt were noteworthy and although did not in any way spoil my holiday but certainly were annoyances that I could have done without and would stop me from returning to this otherwise good hotel.

5  Thank D1600
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sousse
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
#8 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Tej Marhaba Hotel
Tej Marhaba Hotel
#16 of 36 in Sousse

Been to Hotel Marhaba Beach? Share your experiences!