“Amazing”

Marhaba Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived back on yhe 23rd feb. Had an awsome time. Staff very friendly. Animation team Timo and Tiga made all the activities fun and competitive. Even made the night time entertainment great for adults. Food ten out of ten. Great choice and something for everyone. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Would definitely be going again

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Chris T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My family and I went to Tunisia for a two week stay at Marhaba Beach Hotel in January, and I can say in all honesty that it was by far the best holiday and the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff at reception, the bars and in the resturant were all incredible and so so nice.

The animation team were one of the best parts of the holiday, Leo and Tiga made sure that we had fun and that we were happy, we quickly became close to them and would join them during activites during the day and at the entertainment in the evening. I was very impressed by the pair of them, in my opinion they are like the Ant and Dec of Tunisia, they go so well together and send off an amazing vibe to all the guests. I myself became very attached to them and an missing them an awful amount, though I will never forget the amazing experience they provided me for my first ever visit to Tunisia. Being a 17 year old girl you would think that it would be easy for me to talk to people, but I am the opposite, but taking this into consideration I got on with both Leo and Tiga from the first moment they introduced themselves, I felt comfortable around them, which made the holiday so much better as I would have hated to have been stuck with horrible people who could not care les, but these boys were the complete opposite of that. I was very impressed with them and am still in contact with them since I left.

We all clicked with the whole of the staff at the hotel and are very pleased with the services that were provided for us.

The food provided was incredible. There was a variety of different things so you were never stuck for something to eat, none of the food that I had while I was there had anything that I can complain about. We befriended a lot of the resturant staff and were even invited out for coffee with one of the chefs, which we happily accepted, it was a great outing and we did it again the next day.

There are also some amazing photograph oppertunities and if you are one who is as interested in photography as I am, this will be your ideal holiday, I just could not stop myself taking photos of the beautiful surroundings in Tunisia, both inside the hotel and while we were out and about explorring. The scenery there is just incredible and would definatley recommend it to any budding photographers.

I am now planning to go back to Tunisia for my 18th birthday with a few friends in October and my family and me also plan to go again as a family in January of next year. The holiday was an expierence that I will remember forever and will never regret going to. Keep up the good work, see you soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sammie O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was our 1st time in Tunisia and we thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from that we had to report our balcony door (4 times to reception before anything was done about it and it could not be fixed, we were then offered another room which we declined as it was not a sea view room and it was alot smaller room in which we initially had. We pre-booked late check-out for our last day, and my husband was called to reception, where we were then told we would have to change rooms which we refused to do as it was not acceptable and it was not explained at time of booking that this might happen.
Room service:
was excellent, and the maids were very pleasant & friendly to my husband and I throughout our stay. I had not noticed that I had lost my ring and the maid came looking for me to say she had found it and had left it on my bed.

Food:
I found the food to be excellent I tried a selection of everything. I would only recommend to get down for service early to make sure you have full selection to choose from. The only downside I would say is on our final day I found my husband & I being ignored by the waiters as they were being told to see to the new arrivals first!!

Animation Team:
What can I say other than the guys from the animation team were fantastic. When we went down to the Salon Bar at night Tiga and Timo did all that they could to get everyone involved in dancing, taking part in the quiz night,and making sure everyone had a great night. We played Archery with Timo & Tiga and French Boules again with both of them. They took time in showing us exactly how to play and we all had a fantastic time. Both Tiga & Timo made the difference to our honeymoon, it was more relaxing and enjoyable after we got involved with the animation team. We deffinately want to experience what the team have to offer during the summer months. Tiga & Timo are really friendly and made us feel very relaxed in what we participated in and had time for everyone and are such a pleasure to meet. We will deffinately be back at the Marhaba Beach Hotel again in the not so distant future thanks to Tiga & Timo!!!

Overall I rate my experience with this hotel, 8 out of 10. If it was not for our last day experience with the receptionist regarding my room and the balcony door, then I would not have any complaints at all.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must and to join in on the activities that the animation team Tiga & Timo provide...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is my first all-inclusive experience, and for the majority of my stay with my wife it was excellent until the final day, where I was summoned to the reception to discuss my checkout. When I went to speak to the reception, I was asked if I had late check out which I did, I was then told I would have to change rooms, when I said no, the receptionist said to me it was not compulsory that I would stay in the same room on my final day. I told the receptionist that I would complain to my rep and then when I got home I would complain to my travel agent, after I said this I was told I could stay in the room. On a better note the room service we had received was excellent the ladies were very friendly to my wife and I throughout our stay, and even found my wife's ring which she had lost.

Food: I found the food to be excellent I tried a bit of everything. I would only recommend to get down for service early to make sure you have full selection to choose from. The only downside I would say is on my final day I found myself being ignored until the end as the waiters were told to see to the new arrivals first.

Animation Team: I did not go see what the Animation team did until my third day of my stay, which was a very big mistake on my part. When we went down to the Salon Bar at night Tiga and Timo did all that they could for myself and my wife to take part on the evening activities and then during the day's we played Archery with Timo or Tiga and French Boules with Tiga. Both Tiga and Timo made the difference to my honeymoon, it was more relaxing and enjoyable after we got involved with the animation team. I want to experience what the team have to offer during the summer months. Tiga and Timo were really friendly and made us feel very relaxed in what we participated in and had time for everyone and were a pleasure to meet.

Overall I rate my experience with this hotel, 8 out of 10. If it was not for my last day experience with the receptionist regarding my room, then I would not have any complaints at all.

I am returning to Marhaba Beach Hotel and that is down to Tiga and Timo!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must and check your balcony door actually locks
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stewart D
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arrived back a week ago after spending a lovely week at the Marhaba Beach Hotel and a week wasn't long enough for us. The hotel and grounds are very nice and pleasant. The Wifi in reception rather slow and if you bring your own adapters ensure you keep the tv on standby (or else they don't work) The food was good and plenty of variety and the waiters and bar staff are very helpful and very friendly. February isn't the best month for a holiday but it was warm through the day and we weren't expecting much in the way of entertainment. However the animation team - Timo and Tiga -were wonderful, getting to know the guests individually and their lovely smiles and friendliness put everyone at ease. They are excellent entertainers and the kids love them too. My grand daughter is 8 and very shy, but they soon got her dancing and participating in the games through the day, they are a real asset to the hotel and one of the highlights to our holiday.We hadn't been to Tunisia before, this was our first time and we will definitely go back. The hotel itself is situated near to local shops and is only a short distance away from other places....Sousse, Cantouie, Medina etc. though don't go to the carpet factory (Omar took us) and it's a big con and you can buy the same rugs in the local supermarket at a fraction of the cost. Please don't be put off by the negatives you may read, this is a good all rounder hotel. Special thanks Timo/Tiga from Emily.

Room Tip: The higher up rooms have the best view. We stayed on the 2nd floor room 250. Good view of grounds...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Celia6652
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with group of friends we had a really good time better than thought and was panicing as heard mixed reviews of tunisia but we loved and will be back. Met some great people. Staff was all very friendly and always had good laugh. Animation team were highlight of holiday and kept us entertained day and night...our favourite was Alex and Leo really friendly always had time for you. We enjoyed our stay here so much we will be back this year.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank manc6
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I’ve done a few all-inclusive trips and this Marhaba Beach is the worst of them.

Reception/Service: Very poor. Reception don’t give a damn if you have a problem. I asked to change the room, only to be replied they’d give an answer later which never came. Waiters at the bar and restaurant will completely ignore you if you don’t tip them. I find that appalling. Although rooms are made every day, it’s not to a very good standard; one day we came back to our room to find a dead cockcroach right on the entrance floor (see attached picture), even though the room had been made before (I had to say that the room service ladies were very friendly to us though). Staff at the gym, swimming pool & sauna were rude and didn’t care for customers at all.

Food: Very repetitive, with not much variety at all. I witnessed it myself and so can concur with a previous reviewer’s observation who said about the grilled counter chef not changing gloves touching raw meat/fish and then touching salads and all kinds of ready-to-eat food. It’s terrible.

Animation team: They should be called Inanimation, as they are such a lazy bunch. They ignored us the whole time we were there and just gawked at us if we asked them any question. It seemed they only approached the over 60s. Utterly unprofessional. If I were the manager, I’d sack them all. You don’t have to go far away like Turkey to learn how an animation team should be run, just pop to the Marhaba Hotel next door and see the difference in terms of professionalism. In a week we stayed at Marhaba Beach, there were 3 live music nights, basically an old guy singing really loudly on an electric piano, one karaoke night and one Indian night with some half hearted performers trying to pierce each other. That goes to show how creative the animation team are.

We went in late January and everything was closed or didn’t seem to be in service: outdoor swimming pool, pool bar, beach bar etc... Even though there were quite a few customers, the staff didn’t seem to give a damn. However, I noticed that during that whole time, the next door hotel using the left side beach still opened the beach bar with deck chairs and lots of activities during day time, so I rate this hotel very poor in terms of customer service.

Needless to say, we’ll never return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple