“Excellent Polite Staff & clean rooms”

Orient Palace Hotel
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My partner and I (in our mid fifties) stayed in Orient Palace hotel in Sep 2012 and couldn't fault the excellent polite staff. That was our first trip to Tunisia and we loved every second of our 7 night stay there. I'll rate the hotel 4 star and not 5 simply our bathroom could have done with some improvement and decoration. We had about an hour entertainment at night by 'Animation Team' who all were great and performed some funny and great games not to mention their top music and dance that everyone joined in and had a great time. Not many bars / restaurant you could find nearby at night time, so an all inclusive stay is recommended. Food was good and their deserts, pastery and cake was absolutely delicious. We certainly will go back to Tunisia again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alanEngland10

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Firstly i'll start by saying that i am not a moaner and have never left a bad review before, but i genuinely advise against staying here.

Visited this horrible hotel august 2012, the hotel should be rated 1 star at the most.
The canteen is unbelievable, 600 people trying to cram into a little buffet room with only 1 section open for dinner time food!!! we had to wrestle every day for food, this was not what we expected. Staff at the canteen were rude and made people move tables even if they were already eating!!!!
Towels have to be paid for, as do any snacks or any food that does not come from the horrible buffet room. Even the shabby gym costs 10 dinar an hour.
on our last day, we couldn't get all inclusive from 2pm until our pick up time at 10.30pm, these guys really have no idea what all inclusive means.

evening entertainment is pathetic and consists of a cheap 15 foot box that has been thrown together. Entertainment was mostly 3 men dressed as babies or women, absolutely rubbish.

Our room was 473, which overlooked the neighbouring hotel, and my god i wish i was there instead!! another problem is that as we overlooked the hotel, we couldn't get to bed before 11pm as the entertainment was too loud.

If you think you have got yourself a deal here, then think again. you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Gaz H
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I was this year for the first time in Tunisia (in August.). It was my honeymoon, so I dreamt about wonderful holidays. I idin't know nothing before about the hotels, but I choose Orient Palace because I found speciall offer with very attractive price for this hotel. I was really positivelly surprised with this hotel: warm wellcome in the reception, very comfortable, spacious room, kind staff in the restaurant (food maybe could be better, but I don't complain), rich animation programm and very friendly animation staff with their great chief - Sabri. Hotel is well situated in the quiet place in half-way between Sousse and Port El Kantaoui, so we could spend very good and active time in the hotel and in the surroundings. My wife also is very satisfied of these holidays, so sure we will come back to Tunisia and also sure to Orient Palace.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tomek500
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have read most of the reviews and must admit some are simply unfair. This is not a 5 star hotel indeed (like Mövenpick Resort & Spa), but it used to be and you can feel it at almost every step. Spacious apartments with marble bathrooms, fantastic Arabic decorations in the lobby, outstanding main hall with an enormous chandelier, original reception desk and many many more.

What made me feel great? Cosy atmosphere of the place - it's a huge hotel, but it feels very intimate, especially if you somehow choose the west side room.

How about the food? Do not expect a lot of meat-based meals, you might get disappointed. What you will get is a great variety of typical Tunisian cuisine. Rice is great and well spiced, pastry is delicious, so are the ice creams.

Hotel beach? It looks tiny on the photos, but once we got there it came out to be one of the best one on the coast (and believe me, we made a 10 km run each morning so we had a comparison). It's clean and well maintained.

Bad weather? No problem - try the indoor swimming pool, check out the games room, smoke shisha with friends, surf the internet in the main lobby or relax on the balcony with your e-book reader (and with some whiskey from the airport duty-free shop : )

To conclude - I knew what I could expect and that's exactly what I got. If you're on a budget trip, this is the best place to stay in Sousse.

Room Tip: west side rooms are quieter. ground floor level is high and safe, rooms have the largest balconies t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jan K
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I am staying in Tunisia for business purpose, so I use my weekends to travel around. I've been to Sousse for more than 5 weekends and this is by far the worst hotel I stayed. It suppose to be a 5 star hotel, but some things shouldn't happen in 5 star hotel.

I was traveling with a few friends of mine and my girlfriend. One friend and two of us arrived around 2PM and we waited for 30 min to check in. After they gave us the room keys we went to rooms. On our surprise my friend room was still not clean. We found the bed prepared to be taken from the room (as he checked as single). After his complain to the receptionist he waited another 45 min in the bar (not offered by hotel, so he payed for the coffee).

After this my GF and me went to check the pool. It was not clear 100% and it's small compering how many people is staying in the hotel. The beach is also crowded. We stayed by the beach (which is small, just two or tree rows of sunbeds).

Later in the evening others checked in and they where complaining about their rooms as well. We went to a restaurant outside.

In the morning everybody went to have a breakfast at different time. As some of us stayed late at night they went around 6AM and the food was good, no complains. Few of us we went between 9 and 10 AM and we all had a problem finding a food or a cup for a coffee. One girl was fighting with a hotel stuff as he was rude to her as she didn't get tray for the coffee cup?!?

All in all you should find better hotel for this money. I know I will for my next weekend.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ICT_conrtactor
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I spent 2 nights in this hotel with my wife and baby from 08th Sept to 10th Sept. It was an excellent stay from the first day. A wonderful service in the restaurant, swiming pool, beach...ect.

smiling server and staff... I advice all my friend and familly to go there for the future visit to sousse.

Thanks to all staff and to the hotel management.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My sister and i went to this hotel this summer, 2012!!!! You really dont want your money to go to this place. The staff is the rudest i have ever seen, they will not leave you in peace when they have to make money but when you ask them to do something for you they are just the rudest ever, simple horrible. Staff touches you and is trying to ask you out and get you into the sack....
We filed a complaint and 2 days later we have to go back to the Front Office to ask for an update.
The rooms are outdated and badly cleaned. Never heared of a vacuum cleaner??? The tv is old and not working properly, they sound is like a bad reception of a radio. The housekeepr knockes on your door whenever he would like to do so, even if you have a Do Not Disturb sign on your door!!! I can go on and on, but i think you get my point. We are really no complainers but this is hell. Last being said i will round of that there are only russian guests in this hotel, being a dutch is the minority!!!

Room Tip: Check the hotels next door!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends