“All About Perspective”

Orient Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My friend and I arrived in this hotel a week ago and I could not give praise enough. We are friendly and bubbly and because they have to put up with so many miserable people who can't wait to complain - we were a refreshing relief and when we treated them with the respect that they deserved they were the most friendly and helpful people!!

Our rooms were amazing and cleaned each day!

The animation team - so funny and friendly !!

The hotel made such an effort with the food - considering the different tastes they have to cater for.

They have their own pastry chef !!

Massage - amazing (and that is coming from a masseuse).

Pool and gardens - amazing !!

Foyer - Amazing !!!

Beach - well - if I ever stop laughing at the photos that will be a start (uploading soon!!!!) Beautiful sand, sea - clear and lots of fun to be had on the jet ski's etc, etc etc..

Money - everything great value compared with this Country.

Local area - great efforts being put in to improve the area !!!

Thank you so Much Oriental Palace and see you soon !!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank TracyAnnHamilton

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Ok I stayed in the hotel for 2week all inclusive ,the hotel is great with nice pool and beach ,the animation they was good,thanks Sam dali mamadou and alex,,,,the bad point is the restaurant bad service they only serve u if u leave tips if u don't then all empty plates will still on ur table when u finish ,when u order a drink in restaurant they bring the bill first then 10 mn later u get the drink !!!!bar staff are ok some of the bar staff they dont serve u at all tips tips tips that what they wait 4and some good like Salim yousef and samir ,gym is badddddd and they want to charge u 10 dinnar to use it !!!!!!!!reception ok but in all hotel they didn't have first aid kit!!!!!!!maintenance is very bad evry time we use the cooling system water start dripping few times got fixed but still broke,,,,,,4days asking the control to fix a plug in terrace then when my misses she went mad at reception then they did it kids come first please ,,,the hotel is not a 5start most is 3!!!!!!soufiane the director should speak to his lazy stuff in restaurant and bar !!!!!food is not the best !!!!same thing day and night !!!!!the animation they mad my holiday good thank u again

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Billybilel
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We spent one week in Orient Palace. We had a great time and a big room with the see view and balcony (also big). Hotel is not a brand new but kept in good condition (and clean). It has an impressive hall and very beautiful garden with palm trees everywhere. "Private beach" which belongs to the hotel is rather small, and not very clean but guarded in the night so no stranger is allowed to access.
We didn't have any problems with the food. It was a pretty big range of everything, especially sweets. Animation is perfect, the guys are funny and full of energy! (congrat. Dali and Mamadou). Only the front desk i would judge as a weak point of the hotel. Both were very rude and repulsive. Receptionist avoided answering questions and did not pay attention to people waiting in the front desk. It is the only reason why I am disappointed with this hotel. Over all i sugest this hotel for one week holidays. We had a great time there and we came back home very relaxed, even though it is not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank weronika p
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My partner and I (in our mid fifties) stayed in Orient Palace hotel in Sep 2012 and couldn't fault the excellent polite staff. That was our first trip to Tunisia and we loved every second of our 7 night stay there. I'll rate the hotel 4 star and not 5 simply our bathroom could have done with some improvement and decoration. We had about an hour entertainment at night by 'Animation Team' who all were great and performed some funny and great games not to mention their top music and dance that everyone joined in and had a great time. Not many bars / restaurant you could find nearby at night time, so an all inclusive stay is recommended. Food was good and their deserts, pastery and cake was absolutely delicious. We certainly will go back to Tunisia again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alanEngland10
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Firstly i'll start by saying that i am not a moaner and have never left a bad review before, but i genuinely advise against staying here.

Visited this horrible hotel august 2012, the hotel should be rated 1 star at the most.
The canteen is unbelievable, 600 people trying to cram into a little buffet room with only 1 section open for dinner time food!!! we had to wrestle every day for food, this was not what we expected. Staff at the canteen were rude and made people move tables even if they were already eating!!!!
Towels have to be paid for, as do any snacks or any food that does not come from the horrible buffet room. Even the shabby gym costs 10 dinar an hour.
on our last day, we couldn't get all inclusive from 2pm until our pick up time at 10.30pm, these guys really have no idea what all inclusive means.

evening entertainment is pathetic and consists of a cheap 15 foot box that has been thrown together. Entertainment was mostly 3 men dressed as babies or women, absolutely rubbish.

Our room was 473, which overlooked the neighbouring hotel, and my god i wish i was there instead!! another problem is that as we overlooked the hotel, we couldn't get to bed before 11pm as the entertainment was too loud.

If you think you have got yourself a deal here, then think again. you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Gaz H
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I was this year for the first time in Tunisia (in August.). It was my honeymoon, so I dreamt about wonderful holidays. I idin't know nothing before about the hotels, but I choose Orient Palace because I found speciall offer with very attractive price for this hotel. I was really positivelly surprised with this hotel: warm wellcome in the reception, very comfortable, spacious room, kind staff in the restaurant (food maybe could be better, but I don't complain), rich animation programm and very friendly animation staff with their great chief - Sabri. Hotel is well situated in the quiet place in half-way between Sousse and Port El Kantaoui, so we could spend very good and active time in the hotel and in the surroundings. My wife also is very satisfied of these holidays, so sure we will come back to Tunisia and also sure to Orient Palace.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tomek500
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have read most of the reviews and must admit some are simply unfair. This is not a 5 star hotel indeed (like Mövenpick Resort & Spa), but it used to be and you can feel it at almost every step. Spacious apartments with marble bathrooms, fantastic Arabic decorations in the lobby, outstanding main hall with an enormous chandelier, original reception desk and many many more.

What made me feel great? Cosy atmosphere of the place - it's a huge hotel, but it feels very intimate, especially if you somehow choose the west side room.

How about the food? Do not expect a lot of meat-based meals, you might get disappointed. What you will get is a great variety of typical Tunisian cuisine. Rice is great and well spiced, pastry is delicious, so are the ice creams.

Hotel beach? It looks tiny on the photos, but once we got there it came out to be one of the best one on the coast (and believe me, we made a 10 km run each morning so we had a comparison). It's clean and well maintained.

Bad weather? No problem - try the indoor swimming pool, check out the games room, smoke shisha with friends, surf the internet in the main lobby or relax on the balcony with your e-book reader (and with some whiskey from the airport duty-free shop : )

To conclude - I knew what I could expect and that's exactly what I got. If you're on a budget trip, this is the best place to stay in Sousse.

Room Tip: west side rooms are quieter. ground floor level is high and safe, rooms have the largest balconies t...