“26 September 2013”

Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Sousse
Dalkeith, Scotland, United Kingdom
“26 September 2013”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I left this hotel yesterday at 5.30pm. I can honestly say that neither myself or my friend were happy to leave as we had the time of our lives! Every Tunisian person who spoke to us were charming. This included the reception who were very helpful on arrival, the waiters both in the restaurant and the all inclusive bar, the lovely cleaners who did an excellent job and gave us clean towels whenever we needed them and also the animation (entertainment) team. Sexy Joe, Alias and Selem were very entertaining and very friendly. They all did a great job and there was something for everyone from morning to night and all age groups were catered for too.
Before we left for the Orient Palace I had read some terrible reviews on tripadvisor but had decided to make the best of our bad choice of accomodation. I am so glad I did. It really was the best holiday we have ever had and between us Julie and I have been on quite a few!!
The food was tasty and presented well. I did hear one Russian man complaining to the waiter on my second day. Ironically this did not stop him or his company from being first in the queue every single mealtime and filling their tables to the brim with food and alcohol for the rest of the week!!!
We lay at the pool looking at the sea and vice versa, it was paradise. I could lay in my bed in my room and see the sea, it is really ideallic. The bar men and waiters were excellent too, especially Salem and the team who worked the evening shift, nothing was ever a bother to any of them.
My friend and I have no complaints what's so ever about our time at Orient Palace, please ignore ignorant people. I was very impressed with what we got for our money, it certainly was a fair deal and I am already making plans to go back. Happy holiday, go for the boat trip that Fateh and Ali are selling within the hotel. We did and it was a great experience, we had great fun. We just wish that we had booked up for longer as Tunisia is such a beautiful country we could have done so much more if we had time. We absolutely loved our holiday!!!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room, it's beautiful. We could watch water sports from our balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ruth A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oradea, Bihor, Romania
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My experience was an excellent one, full of sensations due to the professional team of animators, who make an extraordinary effort that visitors feel very well starting from kids, teens, ladies, in a word for all ages. Their program starts in the morning and ends late at night to fall tourists fatigue. Conditions in the hotel are good, plenty of food and good bartenders instead move about slowly.
Greetings from Romania!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sorina C
Nagykanizsa, Hungary
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a fantastic holiday in this hotel. We arrived home yesterday and I miss so much the country, the hotel. The programmes were very good, we liked the water gymnastic and the variable programmes in the evenings (karaoke show) the best, we had a lot of fun during the gym. We are satisfied with the pool-bar, the food, The animation team was fantastic, we had a great time together. Without Elias and sexy Joe the hotel would be empty. They love their job and make it in a professional way. Thanks for the time we spent there.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My friend and I are just back from a weeks stay at this beautiful hotel and had an amazing time. All the staff are friendly and the animation team were excellant especially joe and illyas. This hotel seems to get bad reviews and I feel that they are not justified. The food was great with a lot of variety and the staff work very hard and were always polite and helpful. The hotel itself was very beautiful and very very clean. The bar staff work very hard and they have to tolerate a lot of rude guests, who complain about everything. I will recommend this hotel to anyone as the service, entertainment, beautiful rooms and wonderful pool area made our stay amazing. Will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Juls237
Neustadt in Holstein, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have been there with friends. The Rooms, the service and the Food was good.
We have like the beach and we have to say thanks to the Animation team, specialy to Ilyases and Joe, we had a Lot of fun. We want to come back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica K
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel was ok the reception was not very good and quite rude at times but the bar and resturant staff were lovely and very helpful i dont think the management look after them enough especially as they make the hotel. on another note the animation team were brilliant they made our holiday especially ellious and sam (sabri) and little salem ramsey and maya and kiko and sexy joe if it wasnt for these guys we would have had a rubbish holiday they kept us smileing all the time and they work so hard all the time miss u guys so much and thankyou for a brill hol

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank debbieAcarter
leek, england
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It was one of the good holidays I've had, the staff are very helpful and kind. Especially the restaurant staff, they make you so welcome! Made good friends with hamza (crepe boy)hehe such a lovely person to talk to. The animation team are amazing. Sabri, Kiko, Ramzi, Salem, Maya, Elias and Joe, couldn't of met better people to make my holiday so enjoyable. They are so friendly and funny, there was never a dull moment around the pool with them! The food was very nice and presented well. The hotel room wasn't very clean on a downside. Wouldn't have to think twice about going back, 2 weeks back at home and I still have the holiday blues! Would recommend this hotel to people who love the beach as it is literally past the pool, love great animation all day everyday and very polite people who work at this hotel'

• Stayed August 2013