“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I would like praise the work of the staff at the Tej Marhaba in particular a lady called Ema (I hope I have spelled her name correct) she has been so helpful to guest's over the years with medical help and general help nothing is too much for her
I hope that the management in the Tej Marhaba are aware of all her hard work above and beyond the call of duty,
Brendan Croly ( Nurse)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank viki c
TEJMARHABA, Guest Relations Manager at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisified guest and to know that all our hard work is appreciated! Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I came back from Tej Marhaba a few weeks ago and this hotel is absolutely amazing. I went in mid march and we had absolutely fantastic weather with the odd couple days of some rain but this was in their "winter" season. You get more than value for money.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the hotel is immaculately clean and tidy 24/7. Habiba (Our room Maid) is just fantastic and so polite and kind and friendly. She will make your room spotless regardless of how much mess you leave it in. The swans on the bed was a fantastic touch as well.

The food is fantastic, lots of variety, soups, mains, deserts (strawberry boats). Habib the pizza maker, i would definately recommend people try his pizzas, freshly made in front of your eyes. They will go out of their way to help you. One of the waiters young Tariq is one of the most genuine people you will see at the tej marhaba.. genuine service and within the first day he remembered our names and provided amazing service.
The breakfast is breathtaking.. the freshly made pancakes, eggs, toast, sugared doughnuts, you name it, it will be there.

The hotel is walking distance to the beach, also walking distance to the local supermarket, walking distance to the local sheesha/cafe. Perfect location.

The room size is huge, you do have mini fridge and also a hairdryer, ac is provided for free (many hotels charge this as an extra). Any issues and the staff will immediately look to assist you.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going Sousse as i will definately look to go again soon!! I Genuinely cannot emphasise how good this hotel is !!

A Special mention to a few good friends of ours who work at the Tej Marhaba..
#Abdul Hamid #King Tariq #Sofien Papou #Habib Maref #Habiba # Ben(Klump)

Thank you to all for the great service provided during our stay !!

Room Tip: Doesnt matter what room you have this hotel is awesome !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank Yus M
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review and for telling us how much you enjoyed your holiday with us. Our staff are always pleased to help our guests in order to make their stay more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back another time.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was just a fantastic place to stay,,staff very friendly ,,rooms very nice and clean,,hotel spacious,,on the beach,,can walk in to sousse along the beach ,couldn't thought the food,and was so lucky with the weather for February ,,,,would go again price you pay is well worth it...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kev B
Thank you for your review and glad you enjoyed your holiday. We look forward to welcoming you back another time.
Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

don't stay at this hotel first day we booked three site seeing trips second day my partner and I went down with tummy trouble this lasted for some five days we cancelled three trips hotel room filthy sewage seeping from toilet ceiling t cook rep did not respond to our complaint watch for short change at reception never again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 270frank
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday. There are several reasons why guests experience tummy trouble whilst on holiday but we have a very high standard of food hygiene in our hotel and health and safety is a top priority. Plumbing problems can occur but we always treat this seriously and change the guest's room straightaway. Thank you for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Sousse hotels

kirkcaldy fife scotland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my first visit to Tunisia hence a fresh new eye. I found the hotel a good spacious environment, the staff all very friendly and helpful.As they are going thorough a phase of refurbishment at the moment and considering they are open all year round it may affect some patrons,my room was as close as any guest can be and was not really affected.meals were reasonable good and varied choice and being open buffet type I found them piping hot from start to finish.The hotel situated is within walking distance of the beach and has it`s own large pool area,and inside pool also shopping area within the hotel complex and a reasonable outside shopping area close by.I could ramble on a lot as there plenty to do locally all on the plus side and I did not really find any negatives.

Room Tip: height gives better view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank robertgow
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us and your first trip to Tunisia. Whilst renovations do have to take place, we always ensure that our guests are not affected. Thank you for your review
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just returned a great week in Tunisia. After a bad start at the airport and three hours to get to the hotel it got better. My first time in Tunisia was better than expected. The hotel was ideal for me. Near the beech and the medina. Reception was quick and shown to my room. it was spacious, clean and comfortable. It was better than expected. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar staff were great. I did spend a lot of time there lol. I had read other reviews but went with an open mind. Glad I did. I had a great time lots of laughs and met s lot of interesting people. I would return. Give it a try and go with an open mind. Thanks to all at tej marhaba.

• Stayed March 2014
12 Thank Glen K
TEJMARHABA, Guest Relations Manager at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and glad you enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back another time.
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The following comments relate to a six-week stay at the Tej Marhaba in November and December 2013. The comments got lost in the black void of my I-Pad before I could send them to Trip Advisor and by the time I found them my husband and I were back at the Tej for another stay after a month in Florida and a week in Iceland.

We have been coming to the Tej Marhaba every February and March for the last eight years and I am incensed by some of the nasty comments made about the hotel. We have come for six weeks in November and December, enjoying much better weather than back in Wales and paying £1,000 less than we paid for TWO DAYS on the Rocky Mountaineer, travelling from Vancouver to Calgary last summer. On the journey, we spent the night in Kamloops and our hotel room there was inferior to the one we currently have in the Tej Marhaba.

ROOM

The rooms are delightful. They are quite spacious and attractively furnished with marble counters, decorated with wooden engraving, and a modern flat screen television,which has an English film channel with recent films, another showing American series as well as several news channels. There is a bedside stand by each bed and a narrow shelf behind the bed which is very useful for storing essentials. There is a wardrobe, two open large areas above a substantial sized fridge and a cupboard from floor to ceiling with three drawers. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom, a bath, shower and toilet as well as a basket of toiletries. Each room has a lovely balcony with table, two chairs and a rack on the wall on which you can hang your washing.

PUBLIC ROOMS

The public rooms are wonderful and amazingly clean with cleaners cleaning the corridors of the public areas still at 10 p.m. The marble floors are polished so well that you can see your reflection. Before 7 a.m. every morning, a group of cleaners are using a hosepipe and brushes to clean the outside of the hotel.

FOOD
The food is excellent with buffet breakfasts and buffet dinners.
Breakfast consists of fruit salad, three different types of cereal, yoghurt, fried eggs or omelette, fried tomatoes, sausage, crêpes, breads, toast, Tunisian doughnuts, cakes and a lot of salad stuff.
Dinner offers a large selection of interesting salads. There are six or seven main meat choices, always chicken or turkey and fish, cooked in various ways so that it is never boring, mostly chips for the non-adventurous and the most gorgeous carrots and onions. There are mouthwatering pizzas.

On Thursday, it is Tunisian entertainment and food. One Thursday, a lady complained that there was nothing to eat when the chef was standing in hearing distance. He immediately said,"Tell me what you want to eat and I 'll cook it for you". You can't say fairer than that! The waiters are so kind and help old ladies with walking sticks to their table and carry their food for them. I love carrots but sometimes they mix them with a white vegetable, which I don't like. As one of the chefs was standing near, I asked him what it was and he gave me the French name, which did not help. I returned to my table and the chef tracked me down to tell me the English word "turnip". I can't think of any hotel in Wales where they would do that. Some Germans sitting near us told the chef how nice the chocolate mousse was and the following evening he came out with large individual portions for them when it wasn't even on the dessert table. My husband mentioned that they had not done creme caramel since we had arrived and two nights later, they made it.

OTHER STAFF

EMER

Emer, an Irish lady married to a Tunisian, is in charge of guest relations and an absolute treasure. At 4:30p.m. Monday to Friday, she offers afternoon tea, a cup of tea and two delicious cakes for 1 dinar (38.4 pence) - you can tell I am married to a mathematician! Where in Britain could you get tea and cake for that price? She is always there to make your day better. If you have had a brilliant day, it is even better when you see her happy expression and if something has gone wrong, she is there to commiserate. When, some years ago, I was hit by a car in Tunis in a flash flood, she was there to recommend the clinic I should go to and to lend us a wheelchair, free of charge, when I could not walk.

CLEANERS

The cleaners are very friendly and obliging. They arrange your towels and blanket in pretty designs, my favourite being a swan. Because they know that I do two exercise classes, they normally clean the room by 10:30 a.m. so I can change into my swimsuit without being disturbed.

EXERCISE AND ENTERTAINMENT

Every day they offer stretch class, water aerobics (a lady standing next to me said that in her gym the class would cost £8 a lesson!), French boules, darts, Arabic lessons. Sofien, the instructor, in his early twenties, make the classes fun as well as good workouts. He greets you during the day and is always ready with a smile. Every morning we enjoyed playing tennis at 7a.m. before the sun came up at 8 a.m. The cost was 5 dinar as we had our own racquets with us. Where could you play an hour of tennis for £1.92 (remember the mathematician! )? In the evening, a band plays music to dance to, there's karaoke one evening and Tunisian folklore another.

PROBLEMS with the rooms

A number of guests complained to me about something not working in the room and when I asked whether they had filled in the green form hanging on the back of their doors, they replied no.

When we found difficulty getting the plug out of the sink, we filled in the form on the back of our door, went to water aerobics and when we came back, we were greeted by a new plug and chain. A light bulb stopped working in the bathroom, we told the maid and when we returned, the light bulb had been replaced.

The Tej is a home from home where we can meet up with the regular guests and catch up on their news.
Long live the Tej Marhaba!

Purple Siân

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are quieter and have pool views. Odd numbered rooms are larger and get more sun.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Illian
Glad that you found your review on your IPad and thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative and detailed one. As I said before, we appreciate all our guests but we especially appreciate our repeat guests! We wish you many more happy holidays with us.