Me and my boyfriend had the opportunity to spend two weeks in July at Royal Beach Hotel in Sousse.
The journey was arranged by a tourist agency. And all in all, our stay was great and we hope to come to the same hotel next year, but probably on our own.
But to be more precise, I would like to point out some basic information about the hotel itself.
+ the hotel is located directly at the beach – just walk out through the gate next to the swimming pool and you are on the beach
+ to get to the Medina or City centre takes about 20-30 minutes walk, or you can take taxi (ca. 4 Dinars)
+ as for the hotel itself, the stuff is very helpful and friendly. They are always willing to help you with any problem
+ food in the hotel is very good. Though it is not strictly the same as traditional, spicy Tunisian cuisine, it is very tasty and the dinners vary each day. Once we went out to live in the restaurant, but we found the food at the hotel better, because after the restaurant we were feeling a little bit sick. Maybe we had a bad luck.
+ The hotel has two swimming pools, one inside, the other outside. The swimming pool is almost empty till midday, so we were happy to swim as much as we wanted without any distrubance.
- As for the breakfasts, they are a little bit monotonous. Almost every day you get served the same – Mortadella. But as we found out at the supermarket, in Tunisia it is hard to get any other cold cuts.. and the scrambled eggs were so greasy, that they were almost inedible.
- Air conditioning. Be careful, not to get a room vis a vis hotel Marabout. The windows are on the East side, and you will find it impossible to stay at your room. But we had a room with a view to the sea. And it was even colder than at our apartment in Poland.
- If you can't imagine your holidays without alcohol, than don't go to Tunisia during Ramadan. Of course, you can still buy alcohol at the hotel or restaurants, but you will not find it at any shop.
Summing up, the hotel is of very good value, decent conditions and superb stuff. We enjoyed our stay and we really hope to sped our next holiday at the same hotel. It is a good choice, and the best choice within this price range!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Royal Beach Official category: 3,5 stars The ,,Royal Beach" is a fully airconditioned and well-maintained hotel under international management and with great tradition in Sousse, perfectly located on a white sandy private beach, one of the most beautiful beach sections in the whole area. The hotel is a ,,16+" - hotel (minimum age of the hotel guests is 16 years). 1 Km to the centre of Sousse (unesco world cultural heritage), 4 km to the marina of port el kantaoui, 17 km to the airport Monastir, 45 km to the airport Enfidha,160 km to the capital Tunis. Beautiful and private large white sandy beach in front of the hotel, a lot of restaurants and shops in walking distance. 4 Km to the golf course of port el kantaoui (reduced green-fees for hotel guests and transport service on demand). Hotel facilities & restaurants: Comfortable lobby with sitting-areas, 24 hour-reception (safes to rent), concierge-service & guest relation, currency-exchange, excursion service and car rental. Accepted credit cards: visa, mastercard, american express. Elevator. Mini-market, laundry and jewelery store, dvds and cds for rent. Wifi-internet (complimentary). Main-restaurant ,,Le Royal" (non-smoking) with wonderful panoramic view, italian a-la-carte restaurant ,,Le Medaillon" with panorama-terrace, french gourmet restaurant ,,Le Vintage", snack-restaurant ,,Mario's", pizzeria-barbecue at the pool, beach-club-restaurant ,,Las Vegas" at the beach, english pub ,,Babylone" with live-music, professional Karaoke and football and- sports-coverage on big screen, ,,JET-bar" (open 24 hours), moorish coffee with shisha pipes. Leisure, sports and entertainment: swimming pool with sunbathing terrace and beverage service at the pool, indoor pool (heated in winter), beach-club (complimentary sunbeds, matrasses and parasols at the pool and at the beach), towels for hire. Wellness-facilities including beauty-salon, hairdresser, massage, health-treatments, ,,fish massage" at the beach and hammam (additional charge). Tennis (complimentary, tennis-lessons, equipment and flood-light for additional charge), table tennis, bowls, darts, aerobics, gymnastics, yoga, aquagym, water-polo, beach-soccer, beach-volleyball, billard-table. Watersports-station at the beach, motorbike and- quadrental, horse-riding (local offers). Discrete daytime entertainment & international evening-entertainment-programs with live-music, tunisian folklore, belly-dancing and karaoke. Leisure park and zoo (local offers). Ladies-special: cooking-courses in tunisian cuisine and basic courses in arabic language. Golfer's special: reduced green-fees at the golf courses of port el kantaoui and monastir and organized transport to the golf-courses (on demand). The Rooms: 127 rooms in an architectoral interesting 4 storey-building, all rooms have been recently renovated and refreshed. Doubleroom Standard (1-3 persons): Decorated in traditional arabic style, bathroom with bathtub and toilet, indivdual aircondition/heating, minibar, lcd-sat-tv, dvd-player, telephone, WIFI-internet (complimentary) Doubleroom Superior: Additional bathrobe, hairdryer, lateral or direct seaview Doubleroom Royal Class: Like the superior rooms, but with inroom-safe (complimentary), a balcony with direct seaview and VIP-treatment Royal Executive-Suites: Decorated in traditional arabic style, bathroom with bathtub, hairdryer and bathrobe, separate toilet, comfortable living room with sat-tv and individual aircondition, telephone, in-room-safe (complimentary) sleeping room with lcd-sat-tv, dvd-player, minibar, WIFI-internet (complimentary), VIP-treatment Single rooms are double rooms for single use. Halfboard plus (including dine-around-concept): Breakfast buffet with fresh egg dishes, donuts and fresh fruit and vegetable juices, late-riser-breakfast till 12.00, ,,Champaign-brunch" every sunday. Crepes and ice-cream every day between 15.30 - 16.30 Around the pool (complimentary). Dine-around-concept: dinner in the hotel's main restaurant (buffet for starters, main-course selection (including vegetarian option) and dessert-selection, table-service), dining options at the italian a-la-carte restaurant, at the french gourmet restaurant, at the pizzeria-barbecue, at the english pub and at the beach-club-restaurant (weekly and complimentary, reservation) The hotel is known for its excellent cuisine and the wide range of choices. ,,ROYAL BEACH 9" - bonus especially for YOUR clients: welcome-drink and a refreshing towel on arrival early check-in, late check-out (if available) complimentary upgrade to a higher room-category (if available) 24 hours - roomservice weekly excursion to the historic centre of sousse (unesco world cultural heritage) complimentary hammam (weekly) water and a basket of fruits at the room on arrival weekly ,,jet2cocktail-party" in the hotel garden weekly ,,jet2beach-party" with djs at the beach-club-restaurant The hotel Royal Beach is one of the leading hotels in tunisia and offers everything, that you need for memorable holidays: central but also calm location with a marvellous beach, superior equipment and facilities, excellent cuisine, various options for sports and entertainment and a competent and friendly staff under european management. With its ,,over 16" concept and many other options like ,,dining-around", the ,,royal beach 9" bonuses and the international entertainment programs the hotel Royal Beach is especially the perfect place for couples and for people, that look for classy holidays for a well-affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Beach
- Royal Beach Sousse