Le Marabout Hotel
US$36
US$35
US$86
US$83
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
Hotel Marhaba(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$37
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$87
Travelocity
US$122
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My friend and I traveled to Tunisia recently and stayed here at The Marabout. We were satisfied with our room and enjoyed the nice spacious pool area and the staff in the pool snack bar were always very nice, polite and courteous. The same cannot be said for the reception staff based on my only 3 encounters with them. On arrival, and when my nice silver watch went missing. I spoke to 2 different male receptionists to report it and see if anybody handed it in but they showed zero interest in my plight. They both failed to ask me my room number, my name, any details about the watch, when I last wore it - ZERO. I was so disappointed and felt even worse when I received no satisfaction from any member of staff to establish where it might have gone from the place I had left it.
In terms of entertainment for two girls, nightlife was poor.
-We went to a club one night at approx 1.30am and the music was hopping but there were very few people. Taxi rate increases after 12am.
- We did a camel excursion another day and saw traditional bread making which was all very enjoyable but the bus was 40 mins late collecting us so we were just standing around and it was much colder in the evening. Poor organisation!
- Walking down any street outside of the hotel is an experience - there are local men everywhere. Some even pulled up in their cars along the promenade to look at us walking along, a bit intimidating! By the end of the week we just felt tired of being under constant surveillance any time we stepped outside the hotel.
- No hassle free shopping around the Medina, there's no such thing as browsing in comfort and I guarded my handbag very tightly.

All in all I feel the negatives outweigh the positives and I was so disappointed about my watch. I don't anticipate a return trip. Il be returning to the more familiar destination that is Turkey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fidelma2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I did not have a good experience in this hotel compared to other hotels I've stayed in Tunisia. A few things that stuck out to me that were negative were:

-Rude, inattentive staff
-Our room was very simple and it was very chilly during the night. The heater was broken, and the hotel maintenance tried to fix it but it didn't improve the situation, so it was cold during the night.
-Indoor pool area was very loud with screaming children.
-Limited selection of food in the buffet.
-The general impression I got of the hotel itself is that it's old and not very well taken care of.

My advice is to choose another hotel if you can!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Traveler8785
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Have been to many hotels in Sousse, if I'm honest I was very very pleasantly surprised!!!! Spotless clean, reception staff brilliant...Everything about this hotel was fantastic ..... But sorry have to say even tho all exclusive, All Alcohol is watered down and that's the only bad thing I can say..... So take your own drink which is not allowed!!!!!! But honestly the all inclusive drinks is really a joke!!!!!!

Room Tip: Perfect room 1st time was overlooking the pool!!!! Lovelly hotel... But sorry but the all inclusive bar is really a joke...... Take your own drink.... Cuz u pay for all inclusive drinks but u will never get drunk.....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynnlight
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Reading what others have said abouth this place, we wonder where they've been? The hotel is very nice. The food very good ( we had brekfast and dinner inclusive) and the staff where SO nice and welcoming. Recomended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Traxa
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Reading the reviews for this hotel, I was expecting a cross between a labour camp & a zoo but I was very pleasantly surprised. We paid €324 for for this B&B trip. The hotel's location is excellent - within walking distance of shops, restaurants, other hotels. The hotel room we had was exactly as seen on their website. The bathroom was a little tired but it was a good size and the shower was powerful with always lots of hot water. Our room was poolside but the noise did not disturb us at all. Our room was cleaned every day by a very pleasant woman who never ever even suggested getting a tip. We left her two dinar (less than a euro) every few days cos she did such a good job.

Breakfast was the usual continental European buffet style from 6.30am to 9:30am and regularly replenished throughout these hours so there was more than enough food for everyone, even though some of the guests acted liked they hadn't seen food since the last century.

As we were B&B only, I cannot comment on what lunch or dinner was like. We ate at the poolside restaurant at lunch and on a few evenings and the food was excellent. Pizza Margherita for 7 dinar (less than €3.50), various pastas for around 8 dinars, steak, fish, sandwiches, omelettes, salads - all delicious. The waiters were so warm & friendly - they really helped make the stay special. I especially mention Amor on the day shift - what an absolute gentleman and Tariq who worked from 4pm to midnight.They couldn't do enough to help. I was disappointed to see that some guests seemed to think staff at the hotel were servants rather than employees & spoke to them in a disgraceful manner.

Facilities at the hotel include two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, direct beach access, water slides, table tennis, pool table, spa facillities - we had a massage and a seaweed wrap (65 dinar each ) and it was heavenly. Cushions for the sunbeds on the beach cost 2 dinar each but you don't need to take one if you don't want one.

There's an entertainment team here who deserve a medal for the energy they put into each day's activities. They start at 9.30am and don't finish until nearly 11pm at night. They do aqua aerobics with adults & kids, poolside dance lessons etc and they make sure they try to involve everyone. There's entertainment on stage every evening - yes it is very very cheesy but it's hilarious and the team try so hard it's impossible not to enjoy it. Furthermore all the kids seemed to be having an absolute ball.

There are some souvenir shops on site also so you'd never need to leave the hotel if you didn't want to.

My only minor complaint was that I thought the reception staff were quite curt but we didn't have too much to do with them so it in no way impacted on our enjoyment.

I think for the price, the Marabout was excellent value. I know there were others there during the same week we stayed who did not have the same positive experience we had but I can only comment on our experience. Remember this is only a Tunisia three star facility ( 1 to 2 star European standard). If you want 5 star facilities, there's a five star hotel just up the road (at least triple the price for drinks/snacks)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple