“Bets hotel ever!”
Review of Le Marabout Hotel

Le Marabout Hotel
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have just returned today from my week stay in this hotel and me and my friend (both teenagers) enjoyed every moment of it! I couldn't believe the rest of the reviews that I had read before as the food was good, the rooms were excellent, the hotel itself was Great, pool, slides, beach, spa and shops and stuff were also amazing! But most of all the staff were lovely! They made the stay worth it! We made friends with all the staff! They were so helpful always smiling and having fun! The animators were great! So good with the kids (even the big kids lol) entertainment was top class and it was such an enjoyable experience I didn't want to go home. It's more like a 4 or 5 star hotel not 3 star, I would recommend b&b for hotel as we stayed that way as you can experience the many wonderful restaurants up the street, especially the Italian one up to the left, hotel le marabout was definitely worth it would stay here again! Thanks for the wonderful week! And thanks for all the Lambasting on the washerbowl ;) lol!

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing, tip the receptionist, tip the cleaner maybe every second day, and just make th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Daniih15

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent one week holiday in August 2014 in Marabout Hotel with two children /eight and three/. What we really appreciated was the swimming pool and fantastic slides /7 slides, water fountain, jacuzzi/. Sholud add the location - is very conveniet i.e. direct on the beautifull beach. Our children were very satisfied. Some worse things are: standard of the room, restaurant and service. Our standard room was old and needed renovation, so we paid extra money to upgrade to superior room. Restaurant looked rather like canteen, it was crowded and with very strong air condition. Theese things were negative - on the other hand maybe i shouldn't expect more from 3,5 star hotel... To sum up our children were very satisfied, we definitely less...

Room Tip: We recommend a superior room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank W77R
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Jus returned from a family holiday wit my friend an her family weather was nice pools were luvly but staff wer very rude they were not helpfull one bit my friends an I got separated into dif rooms on dif floors an the reception staff wouldnt even tell her wat room we was in the food was muck giving us rice pasta hotdogs an cauliflower for breakfast more like last night's left overs an the staff at the bar an restaurant in the hotel are scammers they sell ya Tunisian schnapps for vodkas or Bacardis then wen ya cop on they get inta a tizzy bout it an we got over charged by 30 dinar for a meal then they tryed ta over charge on drinks jus make sure to add up it Bill an to get receipts for everything

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank caz952
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 3 children for a week. Had two rooms interconnecting which was ideal. The rooms were lovely and clean with a fab pool and sea view. The pools and slides were an added bonus for the kids who would have been quite happy to never leave the resort for the whole week. In fact with all the facilities available at the hotel and if you just wanted to relax for the week this hotel is ideal. The majority of the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for the kids. The animation team and entertainment were brill!!
The biggest let down however was the breakfast. Found it difficult to feed the kids every morning. For a country that produces such a variety of fruit I would have expected to see it on the breakfast buffet. Sadly this was not the case. If you were lucky there was melon every other day and then it depended on what time you came down for breakfast.

However will definitely be coming back to Sousse and the Marabout next year. excellent value for money and we all had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Nikki B
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend visited this hotel in June 2014. we arrived at 4.30am after our flight being delayed. The man behind the reception desk was more then helpful. Our room was located in the new wing of the hotel which ment we had to carry our bags down stairs and past the pool and into another part of the hotel which didn't really bother us! We got up for our meeting with out rep and then sorted our safe and changed money! We straight away changed 200 euro each thinking that it would get us started and topped the guy changing the money who was also lovely. By the end of the week we struggled to spend our money haha!! The breakfast in the hotel was basically vegetables, bread rolls, ham(weird ham) cheese , yoghurt, buns, tea and coffee. We mainly are in the other restaurant during the day which is located at the pool area. Pizza and chips and spa gettin bolognase was our main orders and both were lovely and with two drinks it usually came to 20 dinar. Be aware tho waiters usually take their tip from your change before they give it to you in the hope of a double tip.
Farmers steakhouse is located very close to the hotel and it is a fantastic place to eat with buffet salad and plenty of choice of steaks or burgers. We ate here every night but we always ordered an extra portion of chips because they didn't give you much. There are a few shops near the hotel when you turn left and right with prices on the items these are grand shops! I wouldn't recommend going to the medina at all!! We found it's scary and so much hassle as men coming from all directions trying to get us to follow them! Luckily our rep had warned us they pretend they work in your hotel then take you on a short tour and bring you to a leather factory and make you spend all your money before you leave.

Another scam they got us with was meeting you as you leave the airport to carry your bags to the bus at 4 am we taught it was the bus driver taking our bags and trying to be nice then he demanded a tip and we only had euro!

The hotel also had a hairdressers, a small shop and a store where you could get your name on a necklace in Arabic. Hotel was beautiful I couldn't fault it at all! I had a full body massage for 50 mins which cost 70 dinar.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Louise F
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First of all, the Star rating in this country is not what you would expect in other part of the world. So 3 Star…rated hotel isn't same as the one you would think.

This hotel located right on the beach and had a water park. Good for families, I thought. The Area is about 20-30 min walk from Sousse's Medina on foot. There is not real local restaurant around the area so it is fun to find something local if you are not half board plan at this hotel. A walk along the beach was nice too. There are few small grocery stores and shops around.

Room-basic. no shampoo and conditioner… It just had 2 soaps, that was it! Not even a hair drier. We asked for one to borrow but they told me they were out. Later found out that this hotel has only 4 hairdryers to let for entire guests so…. if you think you need one, bring your own!

There is a currency exchange counter but they close when they are out of money. So if you are thinking about exchanging, (especially during weekends) do it in a morning.

Free wifi was available around its lobby but not in your room.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if you don't want to carry your luggages up and down, choose a room on a gr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
16  Thank HHHYYY
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had absolutely negative impressions in connection the people of the hotel.
Some of the staff (for instance the waiter) are kindly and polite with the guests, but usually cause of the tip.
At the reception there is a man, on the left side, usually wears suit. He changes money. He is absolutely IMPOLITE! Maybe he is in high assignment. He is not able to greeting! If you greet him, no greet back.
Be careful at money change. Check the paper before you leave the counter. First time when I changed, my money was stolen. He geve me 4 TND less. I wasn't sure cause it was my first time, and the next person was at the counter when I realized it, so I didn't complain about it - not a big sum - but I was very-very dissapointed.

The hotel is not a high quality hotel as the *** shows. If you have no high exceptations (and if the price is important) the room will be ok. Little, old TV, no minibar, no safe in the room. Our valuables were closed in a suitcase - it was ok, no problem.
Bed was ok.
There is a discotech near at the Hotel, the subwoofer is terrible. I couldn't sleep. :(
Cleaning was ok, but one day we get just 1 towel instead of 2. (No tip before, maybe was the cause.)
Some ants on the floor. The room generally wasn't in good condition, needs renovation, but it's acceptable. Nothing luxury.

Breakfast: acceptable, not so big scale of dishes.
Dinner: Better. Not bad.

There are terrible pictures here at the tripadvisor, these are not real. Don't be afraid. Nothing luxury, but acceptable for cheap price.

Another hotel next time...

Room Tip: Rooms close to the sea are quieter, cause opposit the Hotel there is a Discotech.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple