Hotel Samara
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sousse
See available hotels
Le Printemps(Sousse)
Kaiser Hotel(Sousse)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel.It was indeed a bad experience
for us.The room and bathroom were unhygienic and the room's
furnitures were torn and filthy , in addition the food was terrible
for 4 star hotel.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank lamaman36
Reviewed 31 January 2008

Hotel Samara was a nice surprise given some of the comments on your web site. Rooms were spotless but needed a little updating. Bedding changed x 2 per week; towels which were very white and fluffy every day. Plenty of hot water and staff were very helpful!
Food, on the other hand was not quite as we have come to expect from Tunisia. Basic ingredients looked fine but most of the time it was overcooked and they ran out of things very early. That meant if you went down after 7pm there was little left - the time for dinner was 6 - 9 but the staff started to clear things away by 7.30pm. And unfortunately, they had started to help themselves well before this consquently sometimes there was little choice left.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tunisfan
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My thoughts on Samarra and SOUSSE in general can be summed up with one phrase 'HELL ON EARTH'.

My wife and I went to Hotel Samarra for a week.
It was advertised as a 4* hotel. As soon as we arrived at the room the wife burst into tears. It was basic and although clean enough was not what we were expecting. 1* at most.
It didn't get any better. We ate nothing at the hotel, and very little elsewhere. You have a choice of Pizza, Steak or lasagne. Thats about it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Also the heat was unberarable for two of the days when the winds were coming up from the Sahara. It was like being in an oven.
If you do go to Sousse it is guaranteed that you will be ill two to three days into your stay. We both were and everyone else we spoke to was.
The Samarra caters for Eastern Europeans only. No German, French or English anywhere. And the entertainment is so corny and lasts until 4am some nights. Terrible if you have a pool view, right above the music/entertainment stage.

There is nothing to do in Sousse - at all. Also watch out for the bars that serve beer (but don't tell you its non - alcoholic). These are more prevalant in Port El Kantoui, up the road from Sousse.

We tried getting a flight anywhere else in the world on Wednesday (3 days into our holiday) but couldn't manage it.
We were trapped.

Basically avoid this hotel and Sousse altogether. If you have booked here - cancel now.

You have been warned.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Stupidbigtoe
Reviewed 5 August 2007

I booked this holiday from ITS catalogue because it appeared to have everything I needed for myself and my 6yr old daughter, how wrong was I? This hotel must have been the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The food was disgusting the rooms smelly and unclean the pools also horrible full of broken tiles and broken lights flooting at the edge for two weeks, if you wanted to secure a sunlounger and sun brolly you had to be up at 7 in the morning but wait till 8 before been given the matress then if you went for breakfast like we did you often found your towel removed and brolly taken. This hotel is most definately not for the British or Germans it is full of very rude East block country residents who were very unfriendly like most of the hotel staff, and the mini club which was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel was dreadfull so much so that none to the children wanted to go. This hotel is most definately not 4 star I would give it a ONE star and that is only because of the animation team. If you are British or German please stay away.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Megs6
Reviewed 26 July 2007

My boyfriend and I decided last minute to get away. At peak season prices were high for most 4 star hotels, except this one...There was a reason!!

The hotel itself looks like a cheap brothel with its tacky neon lit entrance and lobby!
The only thing going for it was the location, if you want to be in the middle of the hussle and bussle of the local roads and souks.

I have never encountered such rudeness from hotel staff!! The night we arrived we were told there wasn't a room available and had 2 sleep in the lobby for a few hours till the manager woke up and and allocated as a dirty, 3 single bed room, when we had asked for a double! We stayed up on the moth eaten sheets and transferred to liberty hotel in skanes asap, where we got all the holiday perks we wanted.

NB- A 4 star in in Tunisia is a 2-3 star in the UK, so don't be fooled!!

Stayed: July 2007