We all had a good time and I would recommend the hotel to friends and family it's just a shame the food let this place down. We arrived at the hotel all was well we had to fill out a form which didn't take more than 10 minutes then given they key for the room. We was quite lucky as other people I've spoken to had to wait 4-5 hours because then wasn't ready or because there wasn't enough beds and they needed to put more in, anyway to rectify their mistake they seem to hand out complimentary massages if you don't complain to Thomsons anyway it didn't happen to me so just be aware. I paid to have a massage and I would definitely recommend it the best 100 dinar I've spent there. The people that hang around the pool do get annoying after a few hours as they keep pestering, I can handle once a day but sometimes it could be up to 3 times the worst one was the quad biking man in the end we booked an excursion with him so he would leave us in peace and I did enjoy the next 10 days without getting hassled. Please be careful of the man who offers a free trial of your name in Arabic it's not free and he has 2 prices which I think is expensive, go to the palm centre it's only 35 dinar. My 6 year old loved all the slides and there was nothing to complain about there, the lifeguards were great with him and as he's a confident great swimmer they let him go on them all by himself. The bar staff that come around the pool was bringing us drinks sometimes I would just tip 1 dinar every time or there was a few times I tipped 5 dinar and he would come back and for all of the time.
The only bad thing about this hotel is the food if you're not adventurous then I'm afraid you'll be living on pizza and chips. Personally I don't mind cold food and trying other things but unfortunately my husband is not one for eating cold bolognaise or carbonara so he wasn't best pleased, also the child buffet did have some raw kofta on there which we quickly took off my sons plate. We did try the English buffet for breakfast most mornings downstairs and most of the time their sausages were raw but after complaining 3-4 times they were still the same so we just didn't bother with them again. We tried all of the restaurants but found the Tunisian the best, the food from the Lebanese restaurant was also cold as we noticed they were BBQ the food early evening and keeping it until the later on but it was nice. It's just a shame you could only go once.
The cleanliness of the room was fab, the maid would come every morning she would change the towels daily and make pretty things out of our clothes. The welcome meeting isn't that great the rep could do with writing some bullet points down and making sure they go through them. We only found out the beach bar did pizzas after a few days and then we had to ask what time they were serving them (they are better than the ones in the main restaurant) also the English restaurant downstairs serves pancakes and croissants and sandwiches (which go very quick) they rep didn't tell us any of this we just found out by other people carrying stuff. I think every room should have a piece of paper with this info on as you'd assume it would be mentioned in the welcome meeting.
I nearly forgot to add the animation team, they are great with kids are on the go all day and they certainly don't get enough praise. The shows leave a lot to the imagination and I'm sure half of it is made up as it goes along but you have to laugh as they laugh at themselves. Got to say a big thanks to Sam and spider as they kept my son entertained throughout the holiday, I can't say it enough........thank you thank you.
I think I've covered everything.....oh and if you're wanting a nice meal out try farmers and that's the restaurant don't get confused with farmers grill as that's more of a fast food place a bit like Burger King which does a lovely iced coffee. I hope I've been helpful, please don't be put off by the food as the slides and kids club is enough to keep you going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse