“Wow 4star almost 5 star”

Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Would highly recommend the LTI Thalassa Sousse, we booked with First Choice for the splashworld and wasn't disappointed. We went in July 2014 for a week and wished we had booked for 2 weeks.

Waterpark. has some really good slides and is spread over the whole resort so keeps the queues down. some off the slides you do need a ring and that were the biggest queues come from they definitely need more rings. "The only real let down of the whole waterpark".

Good sized room with two very good sized beds and air con. Bed linen and towels changed as and when we wanted, and room cleaned every day. even if you had a lie in they would just come back later to clean and we found it was cleaned to a very high standard. We had room 1066 which was nice and quiet but bit of a walk at night or in the morning.

Food was very reasonable and always plenty to eat. buffet menu in the main restaurant. Al la carte at the 4 others, My favourite was the beach in the day time always had fresh BBQ Fish and handmade pizza which my son enjoyed so much.you have to book the day before for the Al la carte restaurants but well worth doing and included in your holiday as many times as you want a real bonus.

Drinks were so much better than any other 4 star all inclusive hotel iv'e never stayed in. The pool bar can be hit or miss but tip any of the waiter's and the cocktails get a lot better and they keep them coming. We tipped 10 dinars at the pool bar about £3.50 well worth it. lobby bar does some amazing cocktails at night from 6.30pm till about 7.30ish and some nights put on a fire show as well. Also you get a book of tickets for free bottle water for your room. The All inclusive is 24hr which is just amazing for a 4 star and for the price.

Staff were amazing, I know I keep saying "amazing" but they really were they sorted out every problem we had. We left the key in the room one day. Reception had no trouble leaving whatever they were doing and letting us back in are room. I also broke my all inclusive bangle twice but this wasn't a problem they just replaced it. Any thing we wanted wasn't a problem even managed to get a late check-out without any fuss.

Entertainment
Wow always happy and really hard working and always on the go!! they wasn't pushy at all but really did help you get involved with the games or the shows. We did most of the sports and even got involved with one of the shows. Sam and Spider really know how to dance,trust me you can't miss them they are truly amazing dancers that not only put on a show but get you up and dancing. Like all the team there on the go 24-7 and it doesn't what there doing from kiddie disco to darts to beach party.

The beach party on sat night was unreal it was just that good!!! Wasn't expecting any thing when I saw the poster and almost didn't go down to the beach as was really relaxed sitting at the pool bar, but so glad we went down. every body up and dancing from 2 year old right up to 80+. good mix of music and amazing DJ's bought in just for the night, one of which plays the violin that lights up.
cocktail fire show and a full fire show on the beach. lights music lasers cocktails dancing big flat tv's what more could you ask for, was without a doubt the best night of the holiday.

trip guys walking around the resort will haggle so don't pay the first price and take any thing the quad guy tells you with a pinch of salt. There's no camels or desert. yes you do go on main roads and at the stops its 3 dinars per drink And you go though rubbish as well. We only payed 20 dinars about £6 or £7 pound and was out on the quads for almost 2 hrs so can't complain to much. Did speak to some couples that payed £20 each so beware.

I really want to see as much of the world as I can and say once iv'e done a place a wouldn't go back, but LTI Thalassa Sousse is the exception really would go back even looking at going next year. The only bad points was they need more rings at the waterpark and we couldn't get another key had to share just 1 key between me and my 15 year old but not a big issue.

Thank-you for taking the time to read my review of the LTI Thalassa Sousse and enjoy your Holiday if you have booked here I'm sure you will.

Room Tip: we had room 1066 bit basic but every thing we needed and very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
19  Thank Stephenhu

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is good value for money, and good for families, very clean and the animation team are great, My 3 year old daughter had a ball and was upset to leave and come home, she still wants to go back.
Food was good, I'm a fussy eater and I didn't starve.
I really don't know where some people get the negative feedback from, I'm not welsh, but Harrison (guest Relations was really good for us) can't complain
We had a great holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Naz200400
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a week stay with the family enjoyed it will be coming back, nice friendly staff, found Harrison made our stay better as she couldn't help enough and made it easier with English speaking staff , enjoyed the entertainment tem Carlo and campa , lots of fun and water activities , lovely beach , hope to see them all again nxt yr the Morgan family

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Danielwelsh1980
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are an English family of 5, the youngest child being 14 years old, staying for 11 nights.

The first impression was the friendliness and willingness of the staff to do anything and everything you may need.
When we first arrived at 23:00, the porter showed us to our rooms, which were originally separate from each other but the situation was resolved within minutes. There was also a spread on in the downstairs bar for us to have a snack after the flight.

FOOD - good quality and wide range in all the restaurants,the favourite had to be the set menu in the Tunisian restaurant. It was possible to have food at all times of the day - the main restaurant was open at lunch and dinner but it was possible to get food at all times of the day from other bars (the American and English bar did early breakfast from 4am, and has snacks during the day. The beach bar will also make pizzas to order after lunch and in the evening). No complaints about drinks - there was no limit on the bottles of water at all.

STAFF - again, very friendly. Had a couple of problems with the tv not working and the all inclusive band breaking, everything always resolved instantly without any fuss. Generally felt very welcome, everyone always said hello etc, which really added to the stay.

ANIMATION - fantastic group of people. They were always up for a laugh and a bit of fun, which helped to get everyone involved in their activities (don't be shy, join in!!). Many thanks to all of them - Sam, Gogo, Camps, Saida, Mario, Nino and Carlo in particular! They put a lot of effort into creating shows and games during the day, can't fault them.

WATER PARK - great addition to the park. Quick moving queues due to the efficiency and friendliness of the lifeguards.

ROOMS - cleaned daily, plus new sheets and towels, with air con, so no complaints at all.

TIPPING - different process to England, it is not uncommon to tip one of the pool waiters as you order a drink to show your gratitude rather than afterwards. Also, we decided to tip regularly as we were so impressed with all of the staff.

OUTSIDE - went outside a few times and enjoyed ourselves. Visited El Jem colosseum, very impressive. Don't be put off by reviews mentioning that it is scary, we travelled with a pretty 22year old girl and aside from a few hellos there really is nothing else to it (same goes for elsewhere, people are generally friendlier and more outgoing than in England). The attitude and behaviour associated with markets and shopping is different to England, but there are fixed price shops nearby to the hotel if you'd rather avoid the intensity of the market.

All in all we had a lovely holiday and will be recommending this hotel to all of our friends, and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014
14  Thank mrf1992
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel from the 29th June until the 13th July we are a family of 4 with a 6 year old girl and 16 month old boy. We had a fab holiday and were hoping to go back for a week in October but unfortunately its all booked up.

Firstly we were very well looked after by the lovely waiters at the Beach bar yes we tipped but they worked very hard and made sure we were never without without a drink making our holiday more relaxing which isn't that easy with a small toddler. So we would like to say a massive thank you to Anis Ameri Saber Ben Soaol Adel Mnetfin ( hope we spelt your names right ) .

Also a big thank you to the life guards around the kids pool always helped us get sun beds in the spot we liked even when we came to the pool around lunchtime.

The food was better than most all inclusive hotels we have tried and only 1 night out of the 14 did we struggle to find something we liked so cant complain really.

The entertainment team worked very hard and both our children enjoyed the mini disco. I agree some more outside entertainment would be a nice addition.

Our maid was lovely but I do feel the hotel doesn't seem to have enough towels !!! Some days we weren't left enough,so something as simple as that shouldn't be happening really and hopefully this will be rectified.

Overall we had a lovely time and will hopefully go back in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LPMP1822
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Thalassa in Sousse from 23.6.14 to the 7-7-2014. This was our third consecutive year we have visited Tunisia, previously staying at the hotel Sahara Beach in Monistair, however was our 1st year booking a holiday for a party of 6 people using first choice, in future first choice will be our last choice as I have never felt so let down by a uk travel company, despite being informed by john and Katie the first choice hotel reps that the hotel thalassic is getting some 75 complaints a week and has a back log of 1000 complaints, I myself have a ongoing complaint logged with first choice and there after travel team back in the uk are terrible, they don’t answer the phone neither do they confirm receiving emails.

Now to the hotel itself, well what can I say, watered down drinks that give every one upset stomachs as local water appears to be being used, very alarming health and safety issues man hole covers with no covers, electric wires being left exposed etc. Next door to this hotel there is a building site in progress.

Eating time is like a cattle market often food running out so whilst waiting for the food to be replenished what you had on your plate has gone cold, poor choice of food, often the plates would run out so you had to wait for more plates, Cleaners not cleaning your rooms thoroughly, some days they don’t make your beds, they don’t leave enough toilets rolls or towels and do not replenish your soaps and we certainly tipped our maid more than enough.

You are hassled constantly by the camel man, the quad bike man and the massage man, THEY all need to accept the word no as being final. The hotel management are rude, the night animation is rubbish, in our two weeks staying at this dump we see one good show a guy called fakir who does a very good show however the other shows start with bingo or a kids disco and these are tedious to watch infact it was like torture lol, its not like you can get drunk watching this crap as the drinks are watered down.

So there must be some good points right, well that would be the water park in the hotel, and the hotels location being close to both port el-kantaoui and the medina in sousse both cost 10 dinar each way via the yellow cabs.

I opened this by stating that I have been to Tunisia over the last three years, we are not ones for staying in the hotel grounds as we like to see the culture, we have visited monistair, sousse, port el-kantaoui, and travelled by yellow taxi, noddy train, horse and cart, by no means have I been put of going back as we always enjoy the hustle and bustle of Tunisia, however I will never again use first choice and neither will I stay in the hotel thalassic again…

Tunisia is a great country with some very decent people living there, however you need to remember there income is very poor, and there ways are so different to ours, having said this a small tip and a pleasant thank you will go along way. Please don’t be the uk travellers who don’t leave your hotel, get out there and spend your money where it is really needed, if you don’t like to be hassled then I would suggest you start by going down to port-el kantaoui this is pretty hassle free, then maybe take a taxi to monist air, and once you have a feeling for the local ways you must give the medina in sousse a shot here you can barter till your hearts content.

A good value for money day out is on the pirate ships in sousse, we paid 70 din for a party of six which included free meals ie fish, salad and bread and a animation show whilst anchored, again haggle the price and if you don’t get the price you want then walk away and you will get called back 99% of the time.

So summing ups as always Tunisia is a great place, first choice will be our last choice and the hotel thalassa we will never go back to….

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank cfc1seanbad
Rachael G, Guest Relations Manager at Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor for LTI Thalassa Sousse. There was an unfortunate power cut when you were here on holiday which I believe was dealt with efficiently and promptly. The maintainence men came to your room straight away and took care of the situation. We did inform you of this, so I do not understand why you felt the need to wake your children up in the middle of the night and take them outside the room. I feel the need to take pictures was not necessary and the maintainence men were working hard to resolve the problem. The plugs were being checked while you were present, and they did not once leave the area unattended. Once everything had been fixed the area was then tidied up and left.

Kind Regards,

Rachael Gwyther
Guest Relations

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Travelled in June as a family of 4. 2 children age 3 and 4.

We found the food quite reasonable for the 3 stars. We found plenty to eat at the buffet for the children and in no way had to live off pizza and chips. My children aren't fussy though and are used to eating couscous, tagines etc.
My only gripe is the lack of fresh fruit. It was very limited and we really missed apples and bananas.
The best food though was in the al la carte restaurants. (4 visits per stay but we managed 10 trips with no one querying it)
It was a set menu in all but the English restaurant so no choice but the quality was delicious.

Drinks
As expected for an all inclusive. Weak beer, sugary soft drinks, limited cocktails.

Water
Some have complained that one bottle of water token is not enough and I would agree. However, that is just your 'overnight' bottle and I just asked a waiter for one every time I needed one and there was no problem and no need for a voucher.

Entertainment
Unfortunately this was awful. The kids disco was fine but the set up of the amphitheatre makes it difficult to settle somewhere for the evening

Day time entertainment was there if you needed it but wasn't pushed upon you.

We didn't use the kids clubs so can't comment.

Slides/pools
Absolutely fantastic. Loads of life guards, quick moving queues and it was good to see the health and safety brigade hadn't reached Tunisia.
Lilos and water floats were allowed and we were allowed to go down slides with the children on laps at first.
No problem getting a bed/umbrella at any time of day but we were up at 7.30 to get the spot we wanted

Tipping
It is expected and your service is better as a result. As English we are used to tipping FOR a good service, here you get good service after you've tipped. Maybe the wrong way round but we never wanted for anything.
Always had drinks brought to us around pool/beach or restaurant. We always were found a table during busy lunch times and one life guard moved a heavy umbrella half way around the resort when I needed one.
In two weeks we spent £50 on tips from bar men to lifeguards to cleaners and it was worth every penny.

Cleanliness
Pool tables and sun beds were never wiped down, table cloths were sometimes dirty, bed linen was generally ok.
But to be fair if we asked for something to be cleaned it was.

Overall
If they fixed the entertainment this hotel would be fantastic value for what we paid and we would be back in a instant.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Samantha E