Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$48
Hotel Medina(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$27
  • Restaurant
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$54
Movenpick.com
US$132
US$128
1,358 results
All reviewsaqua parkfantastic holidayanimation team arebungalowlebanesetiptunisia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 week all inclusive holiday. There was myself my husband and 2 kids my 8 year old son and 1 year old daughter. We were also there with another family with 2 children. I really don't know how people can say the staff are rude. The rooms are basic but the maid kept it clean. The waiters and bar staff are really friendly and work really hard for their money. Yes the food is nothing great but it's not that bad, it did get a bit boring tho after 2 weeks. Water slides are amazing kept kids occupied which was great. We did the pirate ship tour which was great and the camel ride. The water sports were really good too. The animation team are excellent with the kids also. I would go back but maybe just for a week.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dempo1
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have just returned from 2 weeks at Thalassa Sousse with family and friends. We had 5 adults and 7 kids ranging between 2 and 16. We have had an absolutely brilliant time at this hotel.
I can not for 1 minuet understand why people would want to complain. Yes there are some bad points that need to be addressed but over all it was a brilliant family holiday enjoyed by all ages.

Rooms: I emailed the hotel before my arrival to request bungalow rooms near to our friends and near the main pool. The hotel answered this request brilliantly. I had replies to all my emails to acknowledge they had received them. When we arrived we found our group all had rooms next door to each other. We booked 2 twin rooms and we were given rooms 301 and 302, both bungalow rooms looking out to the main pool. These rooms were perfectly adequate for 2 people sharing. The other 3 rooms were family rooms again we were given rooms next door, rooms 309,310 and 311. These rooms are great. Huge room and loads of storage space. Just nip over the grass and we were at the main pool. I agree that the bathrooms do need a little spruce up but they are clean and fulfil all it needs to for a bathroom, The shower worked, the toilets flushed and the taps provided hot and cold water, what more do you need from a bathroom? All in all I was very happy with the room.

Food: This is the main thing the hotel needs to look into. Food was very much hit and miss. There simply isn't enough choice of hot food for the wide range of guests they have staying t the hotel. Saying that none of us went hungry. There is always a great selection of salad stuff, fresh bread, pizza, chips, pasta so still plenty to eat but becomes very boring after a few days of the same food. We went to the Italian and lunch and this was very nice. BBQ fish and chicken, salads, bread, pasta and pizza. At night this becomes the fish bar (we didn't know this). We didn't enjoy the meal there but then that's probably because none of us were that keen on fish and it's a set menu so no choice. The Lebanese is lovely, between us we tried most the dishes and all were really nice and tasty. We booked in here about 5 times during our 2 week stay. The English isn't great. It just seemed to have what the buffet had but with less choice. The manager of the hotel was going round asking guests opinions of the hotel and how it can be improved and he informed us he is currently trying to arrange a proper English and Italian chef for the restaurants so they are trying to make improvements and they are listening to what guests are saying. We noticed a slight improvement during our few final days in the food.

Drinks: I mainly drank Vodka and coke or just water and both were fine. My husband found the beer hard to drink but our friends found it ok. All agreed the wine here is not nice at all. Kids enjoyed all there drinks, cocktails, pink lemonade, milkshakes but to me they were all just to sweet for me same goes for the alcoholic cocktails.

Staff: These people absolutely made our holiday. We were there during Ramadan so expected the staff not to be on top form but boy was I wrong. The waiters were the happiest people I have met on holiday. They seriously couldn't do enough for you bringing us drinks before we had even ordered them. They know exactly what each of us were drinking and just bought them over with massive smiles on their faces all the time. We did tip them because we just felt they deserved it. They don't actually have to bring you drinks all day long but they do. To us we felt they were really going out of their way for us so we did tip them in both the 1st and 2nd week. The cleaner was a lovely lady always smiling and we came back to our rooms most days to find some kind of towel art and flowers on the bed. Buffet restaurant staff were sometimes a tad grumpy but it is quite stressful in there and the way some people spoke to them I was not surprised they were abit grumpy. There really is some rude ungrateful people in the world, guests need to remember just how hard these people are working for them.

Animation team: AMAZING! These people work so hard and they have an amazing way with the kids. They literally kept all the kids in our group entertained for the whole 2 weeks. So much going on day and night. Day time they did water polo, volleyball, darts, French boules, water races and games, ping pong, football and of course the club dances...I challenge any child to be bored at this resort. At night they have the club dances for adults and kids, then the mini disco and a show which often involved audience participation, very funny some nights. Each and everyone of the animation team would make an effort to talk to you and get you involved. This holiday would not have been the same with out them. A big shout out especially to Sam, Gogo and Campa.

Hotel: The layout of this hotel is fab. We loved the different seating areas and the different feel in each area. I personally don't like ampitheatre's so didn't like this 1 either, this didn't stop me going to the entertainment there though. The sofa area by reception is lovely and the pool bar seating area really nice day and night. They have other areas to go to such as the American bar with sport and MTV, the lobby bar up near reception and the night club for those later evenings.

Waterpark: Waterpark is great. Lots a large slides for the older kids to enjoy, we often find some just don't have enough of the bigger slides but this 1 does. We didn't spend a lot of time here as kids always wanted to join in the activities in the main hotel pool but it is a really good water park.

Beach is beautiful, soft sand, clear waters and a bar to get your drinks, What more can you ask from a beach.

Trips: We booked the quads from the man in the hotel. £10 per quad which we thought was reasonable. Good fun 2 hours with a stop off for a drink(these need to be paid for). We also booked the pirate ship trip with another man within the hotel £95 for 12 of us. Again another great fun trip, Dancing, games, jumping off the boat into the sea and some nice food provided. I would absolutely recommend this trip and make sure it's the Selma II ship, I have heard others are as much fun. My husband did a deep sea fishing trip, waste of money that 1 was.

All in all this was a great holiday at a great hotel. Yes there are some negatives but the positives far out weigh the negatives. I can only imagine the people complaining about rude staff must be rude people themselves hence why staff were rude to them as we never withnessed any staff being rude. Food is hit and miss but no one will go hungry.
It really is a fun filled family hotel. I would not hesitate to go back and I would feel very happy to recommend it to my friends.
Make sure you agree price for taxi before getting in if you decide to go out anywhere. The Marina is worth a visit 5 dinar by taxi.
I gave this hotel 4/5 due to the food once this is improved I would definitely give it 5/5 for overall holiday experience.
Anyone going soon I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and I hope this review has helped :)

Room Tip: Ask for bungalow rooms. We had family rooms 309,310 and 311 and twin rooms 301 and 302 all right near the main pool.
15  Thank meadurze
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just returned from a week at Thalassa Sousse holidays with family and friends. I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews but ignored the reviews. I shouldn't have. Food: being vegetarians we found it bad, not much options for us, The hotel did not show any interest to provide us veg. food either Bad quality fruits.

Staff on duty for night food would start discussing before delivering any pizzas, with all inclusive...!!!?? The worst vacation for us for a long time. We booked Detur in Norway. They were not willing to/able to do anything. The staff is rude and awful service throughout our stay. Waiters in restaurant had not heard of service. These guys did not do dishes and hygiene in rooms was really bad. Smelly and dirty towels. No more Tunisia for us. Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

11  Thank gkamboj
Reviewed 31 July 2014

No more Tunisia for us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank RAVKAM
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family & friends

Just returned from a week at Thalassa Sousse. I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews but ignored the reviews. I shouldn't have. The worst vacation for us for a long time. I booked Detur in Norway. They were not willing to/able to do anything. The staff is rude and awful serice throughout our stay. Waiters in restaurant had not heard of service. These guys did not do dishes and hygiene in rooms was really bad.

Will never go back to Tunisia

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family