I would like to first say that the resort is fantastic, the aqua park is on site and only for guests and having the addition of a private beach following the Aqua park gives you plenty to do. The entertainment people provide lots of energy and have regular activities for guests to partake, such as archery, bowls, table tennis, water polo etc .
That be said, this hotel firstly let itself down with the rooms, which are so basic I can only rate the rooms as 1 star! . That on its own is manageable, however what really let the hotel down was front of house ( reception ) at times they are approachable and receptive. Alternatively, they will blatantly ignore you, do their best to pass the buck. My family and I stayed in room 119 - on the first day we were surprised how hot the room was, the temperature outside was 32 degrees and in the evening it was hotter in the room then outside. However the fact we were getting bitten each night, meant that we didn't feel comfortable having the door open. Three times I asked for this to be resolved, and on the third night after two technicians verified that it was broken, I was finally offered another room to stay in (after much arguing unfortunately). What really concerned me though was that the room provided was intended for another guest and we were told to move out very quickly so the room can be cleaned for the next guests.
At reception Kalsi Ayman provided a jekhl & hyde service. There were numerous times when it was blatantly obvious that him and Sam I were not being completely honest.
The food is Ok....
The site has 4 restaurants, they have very little or no vegetarian options. In my Opinion the Lebanon is the worst but others are not much better.
They charge 3.5 dinars each day for the safe, which you pay upfront for your time there. Which I paid in good faith. Later another guests, negotiated it to two dinars, so be prepared to haggle.
We paid for wifi for 1 hour each evening but never got the full hour, often 7 to 8 minutes less, Kalsi Ayman thought this was acceptable..
We paid £80 for a turning massage for my wife and I it was a package and in our opinion not value for money at all!! Felt more of a body rub then actual massage.
Now the water slides are amazing, the lifeguards are very attentive and you do not have to wait long.
When you get a good room the air con is very good but the hotel could do better if they provide a small fridge..
This place is worth going to with the kids and if they fix some of the issues it will be even better and may actually be 4 * my opinion at this moment is a generous 3*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse