Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Nour El Kantaoui Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
1,346 results
All reviewsaqua parkfantastic holidayanimation team arebungalowlebanesetiptunisia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is located in between Sousse and El Kantoui.
While I think it was ok for the All Inclusive hotel, it's not fair to rate the hotel with 4 stars category.
In reality, hotel should be 2, maximum 3 stars.
Especially if we are talking about the rooms quality.

I've been to a couple of All Inclusive hotels and this one so far was most disappointing, especially considering 4-star rating.

Lobby and lobby bar are pretty modern and convenient.
Restaurants are 3 stars quality and rooms are class of Super 8 (or similar) motel in US.
Rooms are very small and they desperately call for refurbishment.
Beds are worn out and threads are hanging out from the base, tiles are broken, mold can be seen in the bathrooms. If you care about the room quality, better select other place and come back to Thalassa for water park only. It costs 25TND for the day, with unlimited rides and slides.
I have not seen all rooms, so perhaps some of them were refurbished already, but the ones in the "hotel section" are for sure in poor shape.
No other issues in the room however, A/C was operational, TV very small but functioning, hot water on demand, just the worn out and dusty interior made bad impression.
Food in all restaurants was acceptable, no issues with stomach or so, but we paid attention to selection. Grill section was usually very limited and/or not appealing. Juice was very artificial, so were the ice creams, coke had taste of some detergent all the time - we go bottled from the store.
We tried themed restaurants - there is no selection - just fixed menu and quality was very average.
You can also get large bottle of spring water from the bar, there seems to be a limit of 1 per day, but they don't seem to care, so you can get as much as you want.
There was enough food, but sometimes there was a line for the pizza - they made it fresh on the spot. Kids menu was running out fast too, but got restocked after some time.

The water park is considered to be one of the best in North Africa and it's really a highlight. There is about 15 slides of different kind plus mini water park for children. There are two swimming pools, especially large, closer to the reception is nice. Very nice experience and guards are organizing lines (usually quite short) and pontoons.

Beach is nice too, but quite narrow beside the hotel, water is very nice however, as well as the sand. It gets deeper slowly, so everyone can enjoy and waves are usually small.

Overall not bad experience, but I'd recommend other hotel and extra visit for the water park. After 2 continuous days of sliding, it's getting a little boring for adult, so there is no need to pay extra, better come 2-3 times from other place.

There are some stores with souvenirs withing walking distance, as well as ATM nearby. If you exit to the right, after about 1km there is a food store, should you need anything.

The night shows are quite poor, perhaps just the fakir show was interesting, other days of the week were usually spoiled by bingo game, where only about 5% of public played and rest was waiting for next part, which was not worth waiting anyway.

Hints: For local money it's better to bring EUR or USD with you and exchange in hotel rather then withdraw money from ATM. Exchange only small amounts and when you need.
Try to go to Sahara trip if provided by tour resident. That's the best experience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms numbered 140+ to 150. We passed by and it stink like from the sewage. Try to get bungalow.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank --Roman_PA--
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we arrived at 9pm and my grandsons bed was not delivered to our room until 1120pm, this should have been ready on our arrival ( he is 5 ) My daughter was harassed constantly by the waiters and bar staff and when she declined leaving the hotel with them for a drink, they then refused to serve us and made it very awkward to have a drink in the bar. We decided because of this to go to the American bar which is also the Cocktail bar. We asked for 2 cocktails and were screamed at by the bar man that we could have one but not to ask for another because he was too busy.
In general the senior staff were extremely rude, they were completely unhelpful. Bottled water was suppose to be readily available but often we were told they had ran out or we would have to get from another bar area.
Ahmed in the main restaurant was fantastic and actually made our 10 days bearable.
We tipped from day one as advised to do but it seems that this only works if they also get a date with your daughter !!!
The animation team were great, only complaint would be that music was mostly foreign so nothing for the English to join in with and the entertainment started way too late with the infants disco not starting until 830pm.
Food was average and what you expect but it was always cold and no choice at all for children my grandson lived on pizza for 9 days and we were served raw burgers one evening, took photos and complained to the Katie the rep but again nothing was done about it.
There was one waiter in the English restaurant who was extremely rude if you asked for anything and the tables floors etc were filthy, thats the only way it can be described.
Our maid was fabulous and kept our room lovely and clean a plus for us, as lots of other people were being moved room and complaining to the Thomson reps.
I made an official complaint over a week ago to Katie the rep but as yet the only response I have had was today saying her systems are very slow!!!!! Useless .she was not helpful at all.

Pools were not cleaned , I had a raging throat infection from day 2 and am sure this was from the dirty pool.. the pool area in general was filthy and did not in 9 days see a single table or sunbed cleaned

I would never again waste my hard earned £2700 on 10 days here .... Well actually 9 days as our flight times were changed but to be honest thank goodness they were because 9 days here was plenty !!!!!

Room Tip: dont choose a room you wont get what you book any way
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank melissagriffiths68
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic holiday party of 6 got back this morning from a 2 week stay.
I read some reviews and really can't see what some people won't when in a different country, food was fab drinks were not watered down as I went back to room many of night a bit peed.
Entertainment was fantastic they all worked hard as all the staff did on our 2 week stay.
The rep Katie and the public relations girl were so lovely came round and took time to sit and have a chat with us many of times.
After many of years if going to turkey I will be going back to this hotel

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just returned from our holiday, weather was amazing, did reach temperature of 47 degrees one day and it was extremely hot but there are plenty of pools to jump in. Water park was really great, pools were lovely, food was ok butas it was so busy we had to wait a while when it ran out for them to bring more.
Entertainment team were very freindly and made you feel welcome, they tried to involve everyone but weren't too pushy like in some hotels I have been to.
Our room was always very clean and housemaids were lovely, ours was always smiling, very freindly.
Only downside was broken glass and spillages not cleaned up in dining room, we witnessed waiters dropping glasses and after an hour the glass was still on the floor, and food and drink wasnt cleaned up off the floor when dropped till after service.
Also the bar staff were always arguing with each other in front of customers which I thought was very un professional, also at busy times the more senior staff didn't chip in and help out which I thought was bad.
Overall though a lovely holiday, lovely weather and lovely pools. The beach was great, and the sea was really warm and clear.
A lot of hassle on the beach from sellers though and didn't seem to take no for an answer from me, they would only move away when my husband said no. Just 1 tip, wear shoes on beach the sand is very very hot lol

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ok to all those people who moan about this hotel, you should pay for 5* and go to a 5 * hotel if that's what you want. For the normal people who don't want to spend thousands of pounds but want a nice hotel, somewhere great for the kids, nice food, friendly staff, and very clean but basic hotel rooms ( it's a place to sleep after all ) then this hotel and splash park is all you will need. Tip the pool waiters a few denar a day and they will wait on you with drinks all day, med was our pool waiter and was always cheerful and happy, and anise was the waiter in the American bar he always served you drinks even when the bar was crowded and busy. The only thing negative I would say and it's very slight, hiring of the beach towels is 20 denar each but that's just a deposit which you get back unfortunately they do tend to get pinched, which isn't the fault of the staff but probably tight holiday makers who don't want to lose a few quid. overall we went as a group of 7 four adults 2 teenagers and a little boy aged 5 and had a wonderful, fun and relaxing holiday I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014