First of all, don't let all those negative reviews put you off this hotel. Of course there are a few things which will not always be to some people's liking. We went here in January this year, and got what we expected - a good, clean hotel in the middle of winter, so didn't expect much in the line of entertainment. There was some, every night in the main lounge, suitable for the clientele - mainly middle aged+.
We arrived just as the evening meal was being served. Once we'd been shown to our room (bags taken by porter), we sampled our first meal...buffet, as all meals are, and VERY good food. At this point, all I can say about the people who have been negative about the food is, they must be cordon bleu fish n chip eaters! This hotels' kitchens, serves first class food every day. What you have to remember though, is that they have to cater for the tastes of many different nationalities, and do so very well.
The rooms however, although adequate were a little basic. Cleaned daily by very friendly staff, always with a smile, and the previous review stating that all they wanted was their tips..........THAT is a load of codswallop!! In my eyes, good service deserves a tip. Be reminded though, that all rooms have a TV, however there is a 20 dinar cost for a remote so you can watch it.
These reviews are supposed to be about the hotel, NOT the town, nor the booked trips, nor the weather. All of those can be disappointing in their own way, but there is little disappointment from the hotel or its staff. The pool will be in summer, a haven to die for, unfortunately in winter, you would have to be a die-hard swimmer to go in. It was freezing. With that in mind, a little stroll through the well manicured gardens takes you to the beach where you can enjoy a walk almost to Port El Kantaoui or Sosse.
All in all, visiting the Thalassa will not be a disappointment to anybody, UNLESS your standards are such that you are only used to staying in very exclusive 5* hotels. This is not a 5* and doesn't even pretend to be. But what it is, is a very good value for money 3*+/4* holiday hotel, staffed with the most pleasant and helpful people. Go there? Without a doubt. Enjoy it? Now that depends on your personal tastes, but you certainly won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse