“Good food and value”

Ranked #27 of 212 Restaurants in Mandalay
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After a few days in Bagan we felt like eating for European food and settled for BBB as it was near our hotel and I had seen recommendations for it on the internet.

We were not disapointed, good burger and fries, good friend rice and great drinks. The coffee is very nice too.

I guess it's pricier than most Burmese restaurant but it has a very setting and the staff is great. And there's AC! :)
So if you need to treat yourself... Don't hesitate!

We went twice, as my friend wanted to try the burger the next day!

There are newer reviews for BBB Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's a bit pricier than most places we ate in Mandalay. That said, their hamburger was very good. If you want to try the cheesecake pizza (it's there on the dessert menu) beware that it is a huge portion. We ordered 2 between 3 people and got two full pizzas (we were expecting slices). One pizza would have been plenty for 3 people. Very nice though!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a smart restaurant with good food and good service. As the name implies the food is mainly European as are the customers!

The menu gave a wide choice and the wine was good too. A bit pricey by Burmese standards but very reasonable by those of Europe.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was so nauseated by the BASS. This was not music played too loud, this was music with all sounds stripped out except for the BASS, just BASS, all BASS.

So if you like moderately loud BASS, just BASS, all BASS no vocals or other instruments you will love it here.

*Lamb was ordered medium-rare, received it well done, otherwise it was good.

*Service was awkward. It's very hot out, can I have a juice while I decide what to eat please? Do I have to wait until I know what I want to eat to get something to drink?

*Service was poor, I had to remind them about my second juice, took about 18 minutes and arrived at the end of my meal.

*Inconsistent product, we ordered 3 juices only one came with ice.

**Restaurant was at roughly no more than %20 of capacity and there were 3 servers (each would have approximately 2-ish tables each. There were 3 to 4 people manning the bar where they made the juices and other drinks. That seems like enough staff to produce a stunning experience at least as far a service is concerned, no?

****It was a nice looking, comfortable, clean place, it's too bad it's run so thoughtlessly. Such an opportunity wasted. Tweak the service, pay a bit more attention to the cooking, tone down the sub-woofer (and turn up the gain a little on the satellite speakers) and this would be a great place. The most shameful part is that none of this costs money to fix.

*****BASS

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Nice modern restaurant for tourists and well to do locals.Friendly staff as is the norm in Myanmar.I had a beef salad which was soft and succulent.My girlfriend had a prawn/fish salad which again was first class.With drinks it came to just over 20,000 kyat or $US20 which is expensive by Myanmar standards but a nice treat once in a while.Recommended.