“Interesting”
Review of Mintha Theater - MOVED

Mintha Theater
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I liked this funny little theatre. The performance had very charming moments and the costumes were impressive. The traditional orchestra were fascinating and the harpist was exceptional. I appreciate that it has been designed entirely for tourists, but I liked it anyway. In this city that I disliked immensely, it was a little escape.

1  Thank Jay M

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We wanted to see some traditional dance but didnt want to have to attend a buffet dinner, so this was perfect. The show was only an hour, from 8.30pm, and was very reasonably priced, about $6 I think. This included about 8 dances, a guide written in English about each dance, and a bottle of water.

3  Thank Jo_Aberdeen_UK
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Mintha Theater is very typical of what you expect of cultural art dance shows in other countries/regions. But I recommend watching this if you like traditional live shows, 'get-to-know-the-culture' or just save yourself from the boring nightlife of Mandalay (the theater is one of three 20:30 shows in the city).

It's a pity only a few people watched the show. Maybe because there is little demand for these sorts unless they involve group tours + dining (which in my past experiences get the place jam-packed). Nevertheless, they did a very good job.

2  Thank pontifex79
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We went along to the one hour evening Burmese dance show at the Mintha Theatre, which cost about $8. What a joy it was. The Theatre is an experience in itself but the dancers and the costumes were just wonderful, so colourful and beautifully put together. Not to be missed!

2  Thank Dubey30
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I'm not usually a big fan of cultural dance shows, but I really enjoyed this one. Live "orchestra" and something like 10 different dances that were interesting, colorful, and well-done. The staff is great and it all made for a very enjoyable evening. This is a good change-of-pace from temples and ruins.