“Terence rocks! Must stay.”
Review of Smart Hotel

Smart Hotel
Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Mandalay
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights in April. The room was spacious, clean, with good internet (for Myanmar). The rooftop bar/restaurant area has one of the best views in town and is a great place to relax after a long day of exploring. Terence was wonderful, he met us at the door when we arrived with coffee and helped us plan our time in his city. We booked a tour though the hotel and were pleased with what we got. Most things are within walking distance (including ATMs!) and the Air Asia free shuttle is within a few blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pacavacova
Smart H, Manager at Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear valued Guest
We, the Staff of Smart hotel and myself are thrilled and very happy to see your kind review comments at TripAdvisor.
Thank you very much for choosing Smart and we appreciate your comment.
Actually, the Staff members and myself were just doing our duty, given our top Service to you and Mrs Craig..... sincerely... and frankly.
It was and it is and it will be our pleasure to extend Smart's warm hospitality to our dear valued Guests. .... Always ! ... This is our Motto and our job and we are here to serve you......
.... A votre service,,,.! I will work harder and will give information and good advice to all our
valued Guests,... if necessary in 7 languages.At Smart we make sure our Guests are happy and it's value for money.

Terrence.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The service my friend and I received at this hotel was beyond five stars. The Hotel Director, Terence, is strait out of a movie. He speaks 7 languages, has wild stories about his life in the hotel industry, goes out of his way to help you and is adorable. His staff was equally helpful. I had a problem with my airline ticket and they went out of their way to help me, including bell boys taking me around town on their motorbikes for free.

Unfortunately the rooms and food do not meet the level of service. I'd give the rooms and food 2-3 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RACHEL T
Smart H, Manager at Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

To
Ms.Rachel T
Brooklyn , New York

Dear Rachel,
Your review comment gave us a great pleasure and appreciate very much and thank you. This was frank and fair.
Yes, I am happy that our guest is pleased with our first class service and also it is my zeal to fly out of the way to assist our guests,always!!
Speaking 7 languages now, is still not enough for me. So, I am now practicing two more languages.
For the room, as you may have noticed, we are on going with renovations during this summer low seasons. Also necessary action is taking to improve the food as per your kind comment.
By the way , I have told the " Daung Lan Gyi" restaurant staff, that you and Jenny loved their food and service.

Best Regards,
Terrence

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I only stayed at Smart Hotel for one night but wish I had stayed longer.

Terrence and all the staff were very friendly and professional, a level above the majority of hotels in this range in Myanmar.

The location is good, very close to the Royal Palace and easy to get to all the major attractions Mandalay has to offer.

I really felt welcomed and appreciated as a client at Smart Hotel and I would definitely stay there again. Oh and the Sky bar on the roof is a great place to watch the sun set across Mandalay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tknows
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The staff and manager/owner (Terence) were very friendly, I felt welcome from the moment I arrived and was treated like family, staff greeted by name every time they saw me and really made the effort to ensure I had a great stay.

I organised tours through the hotel which I enjoyed, especially the ancient cities tour. Breakfast was a full buffet breakfast with western and asian foods, rooms were clean and comfortable with air con and all the amenities required.

I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone staying in Mandalay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in Hotel Smart for two nights on my short (too short!) visit to Mandalay. It's a modern, clean hotel in great central location, with charming and attentive staff. I felt very welcome and taken care of, starting with cold fresh towel and a welcome drink on arrival. Got free upgrade to the the best room in the hotel, on the top floor, with a terrace. Special thanks to Miss No No who was super professional, knowledgeable, and helpful with onward flight tickets and local travel tips, and spoke excellent English - always with a smile and great sense of humour :-) Would happily stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pawel L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel has all the amenities you would expect in a modern hotel; air con, comfortable rooms and good hot showers. However the best thing about Smart Hotel is the owner Terence and his staff who go to any lengths to esure your stay is memorable. They can assist in booking flights, buses or taxis, changing money or making suggestions of things to see in Myanmar. Terence organised transportation to Inle Lake for me and also arranged an excellent homestay right in the middle of the lake, including a boat to take me around all the sights. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hospitality and service at this place was second to none. Each and every member of staff was polite and attentive (to hotel guests and each other!), and the personable hospitality given by the hotel manager, Terrence, was a highlight of the trip as he joined us for a complimentary drink on the rooftop bar. We only stayed for one night, but enjoyed the impeccable cleanliness and central location that the hotel offered. Thank you Smart Hotel for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends